Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Please explain to me why people want cars...

13...Next

Comments

• Options
    crocobauracrocobaura Posts: 7,385 Member
    lisamwitt wrote: »
    I don't think we'll get cars to drive around, because the game was never designed for it. So I'm not hoping for that. I don't even use brooms or bicycles because half the time they disappear as soon as they get on them and the other half they ride over people on the sidewalk. In some places they will ride, get off, ride some more, get off... it's annoying. If they added cars, they'd have the same issues only it would look worse.

What I would like to have, like others have mentioned, is the junk car that you fixed up. It's something else to do that builds a skill. Then you could do stuff with it that you could in Sims 2 (minus driving) woohoo in it, sit and listen to the radio, chat, spray paint it, or sell it. They could also add a few new things, like playing with hydraulics (which I think is stupid in real life, but this is a game) or eating in it. Maybe laying on the hood to stargaze.

How about a car trunk picnic? Regarding routing issues, I think they could make it so the loading screen starts as son as the sim gets in the car, or clicks on the car to travel to a lot, same way as when they chose the travel option on the telephone. When they arrive at a lot they could park their cars in their pockets if there are no empty designated parking spaces.
  • Options
    GalacticGalGalacticGal Posts: 28,579 Member
    crocobaura wrote: »
    I miss the wedding/honeymoon limo.

I miss honeymoons!
    You can download (free) all three volumes of my Night Whispers Star Trek Fanfiction here: http://galacticgal.deviantart.com/gallery/ You'll need to have a pdf reader. New websites: http://www.trekkiefanfiction.com/st-tos.php
    http://www.getfreeebooks.com/star-trek-original-series-fan-fiction-trilogy/
  • Options
    ScobreScobre Posts: 20,665 Member
    Yes those were the best. I had one that got set on fire while two couples were leaving for their honeymoon. I was shocked, but wow did it make for interesting stories.
    “Although the world is full of suffering, it is full also of the overcoming of it.” –Helen Keller
  • Options
    KathykinsKathykins Posts: 1,883 Member
    I loved the fixer-upper cars in TS2 (although, did the sims get DIRTY quick, or what??). It was a great, and profitable, hobby for my sims. Never actually used them to travel anywhere though, since walking was faster. I don't mind the sims vanishing off the sidewalk, doesn't matter to me how they travel, as long as they end up where I want them.

In TS3, I used cars all the time, and loved following my sims as they were driving around. Also, the teaching a teen to drive was pretty funny, if it didn't bug out, I mean.

What I do miss about cars, is the money sink aspect. There is basically nothing my sims can spend a lot of money on, once they are established in a house. I get tired of just cheating their money away. I need some really really expensive items to spend their money on. I want some extremely fancy sports cars, big luxury sedans, veteran cars that will rip the shirt off your back, motorcycles, all kinds! And of course cheap wrecks we can fix up and sell, for those sims who are a bit financially challenged.
  • Options
    OnverserOnverser Posts: 3,364 Member
    edited May 2020
    I'm surprised we don't really have any proper cars yet, since bikes were added and they made paths for every world that they travel down so it wouldn't be that hard to do the same with cars. Especially since they're already in the game and there's already cars driving around in the background. They don't really bother me though, placeable cars are already in debug for decor
  • Options
    Admiral8QAdmiral8Q Posts: 3,326 Member
    "The 1950s and '60s were time periods which helped to influence many aspects of western humanities: fast food, rock music, and, most importantly, cars. Americans took interest in the automobile as an extension of their personality and began to modify them to be more flashy and desirable."
    Reticulating Splines...
    9ODVlJh.png

• Options
    Mariefoxprice83Mariefoxprice83 Posts: 8,109 Member
    I don't really care about cars. I would presumably use them now and then if they were in a patch or a pack I wanted but I don't need them. I hated how Sims 3 sims would get a mass of cars in their inventory every time I rotated between households so I worry about that happening again.
    Better to reign in Hell, than serve in Heaven.
  • Options
    I think the general way to have cars as a fun and functional part of the game is like a hobby. It's already been suggested here and explained. I like that idea.
    Sure you can click on it and have an option in the menu choices to activate the travel screen too, like clicking on the dresser to modify outfits. Why not? ;)
    Reticulating Splines...
    9ODVlJh.png

• Options
    I want HOVER BIKES!!!

(Ok I'm feeling silly) :p

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ebSAotH6B7w
    Reticulating Splines...
    9ODVlJh.png

• Options
    MagdaleenaMagdaleena Posts: 973 Member
    edited May 2020
    It's just a thing that's part of life for many, so it makes sense to have them.

The Sims 2 dealt with them pretty well, I want them to recreate that.

Honestly I don't have an intense need for them either, but it would still be neat to allow our sims to own and interact with them?

lil_pixel_boys.png
    they/he
    simblr
  • Options
    Fallenxroses7Fallenxroses7 Posts: 92 Member
    Cars would be cool, but I think people are overreacting about how much we need them... I think they worked pretty cool in TS2 though, I just don't really care about them.
  • Options
    LiELFLiELF Posts: 6,449 Member
    I don't care about getting cars. Especially judging by how bikes work. I have Sims who suddenly own bikes and are seen pedaling around the neighborhood, something I didn't want. The last thing I want to see is the game giving Dracula a subaru.

This game needs to give control back to the players before it gives us something as game influencing as cars.
    #Team Occult
  • Options
    luxsylvanluxsylvan Posts: 1,922 Member
    For me, it's the principle of it. I don't really care about cars as far as using them in the game, but they are a necessity I think in simulating a world that's supposed to mimic our own, same as having all the life stages. Especially since there are lots of prop cars, it's like salt in the wound for a lot of people that they aren't usable. I don't think they should be content we pay to get though; it's something the core game lacks and really should have included in the initial release.

I will say I think the best idea for the game is to include these things, even if not everyone likes them, so that the most people overall benefit. Then we all get something. Include all ages because some people like that--they're easy enough to skip if you want. Include cars because it will increase immersion for some people--they're easy enough not to use. And for the love of all that is good, if a pack is not your target interest, don't buy it and complain about the very nature of it when you didn't want it in the first place! Still mad they changed vampire break-ins but I guess that's what mod are for.
  • Options
    lisamwittlisamwitt Posts: 5,096 Member
    How about a car trunk picnic?

I like that idea. Tailgating as a holiday tradition option.

Gallery ID: LadyGray01
  • Options
    MyriadSimsMyriadSims Posts: 1,197 Member
    I'm personally not opposed to having cars added but I wouldn't care if they weren't. I would like the in-game npc cars to be able to hit sims. You know how a sim can literally pass through a car if one touches them? I want them to be able to be hit by the car
  • Options
    popstarsleypopstarsley Posts: 1,086 Member
    Mechanic hobby, more realism, teach kids how to drive, something to spend some big bucks on because it’s too easy to be filthy rich in this game.
  • Options
    asdzer2caasdzer2ca Posts: 94 Member
    A lot of people want cars because of Sims2. There are lof things when the sims come home from a car... Pizza delivery driver pulls pizza out of the trunk of a car... Social work takes your kid away and watching them lifting off...

Just a lot of small details are missing in the Sims4.
    tJkV4Ax.jpg
    Play The Sims 3 Forever
  • Options
    SAEldarinSAEldarin Posts: 428 Member

I miss honeymoons!

How could I forget about this? The movie cut scenes were fantastic as well. :D
  • Options
    sikasika18sikasika18 Posts: 343 Member
    I'm a builder so I only want them because they would come with proper garages and driveways.
  • Options
    WallSims4everWallSims4ever Posts: 755 Member
    edited May 2020
    Honestly, the only reason I want cars is for building purposes. I like having garages and etc.

I know I can size the toy cars up, but they're ugly and it's just not the same.