Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Strange things you've found in game?

I was playing in university, my sim was waiting by the door for her class so I just kind of looked around the landscape just for fun. I then noticed the oddest landscaping ever --

Very small sized down oak(?) trees. Just chilling by the fence things. They aren't even touching the ground. It wasn't a mistake, there seems to be more one the otherwise of the path as well.

I would love to hear your thoughts on this or perhaps more obscure screenshots of in-game things that just don't make sense?
YEhnV7O.png
AVLP8oX.png
BuGYImU.png
8urOAHt.png

Comments

• Options
    elanorbretonelanorbreton Posts: 14,549 Member
    I sometimes come across something if I am scanning the landscape for collectibles. Recently, a floating bush. It's near Vista Quarry in Oasis Springs which is where my science sim lives and he was out looking for cystals etc.

05-05-20_5-57-11%C2%A0PM.png?dl=0
  • Options
    LiELFLiELF Posts: 6,449 Member
    Judging from these pictures, it's clear that the Aliens are running amok.
    #Team Occult
  • Options
    EgonVMEgonVM Posts: 4,937 Member
    A mannequin of early prototype of sims under San Myshuno's art districs (I looked through the foundation under the terrain facing away from the plaza).
  • Options
    SeaDragonSongSeaDragonSong Posts: 2,324 Member
    That kind of thing is all over in game. Brindleton Bay is full of them (haven't got screenshots atm), but notably the sign by the Heckings' house on the road is almost totally invisible on one side, and then there's rocks floating in the air elsewhere in the world.
    Story_Banner.png
    Twists In Time And Space (Updated December 2nd 2018. New discord server!)
    Bob Bobson (Updated August 12th 2019)
  • Options
    elanorbretonelanorbreton Posts: 14,549 Member
    Yeah, if you don't look too closely the worlds all look fantastic. But, sadly, mistakes like these make me think of my amateur attempt at making a world myself when I used sims 3 create-a-world tool.

You'd think the professionals would get it perfect really.
  • Options
    Admiral8QAdmiral8Q Posts: 3,326 Member
    @UtauIA Actually, with "Shift [" in build mode you can make anything smaller, and with "Shift ]" anything larger. Also with "bb.moveobjects" on you can overlap things. It's quite handy! :grin:

Like my giant baby Yoda, heh heh!

xGlVYTl.png
    lwa19PZ.png
    8f3TDDb.png
    Reticulating Splines...
    9ODVlJh.png

• Options
    wylmite1986wylmite1986 Posts: 1,771 Member
    Ok that is awesome! And yeah I love the size up and down and the move object option especially in a small room like a dorm room. That comes in handy a lot.
    Admiral8Q wrote: »
    @UtauIA Actually, with "Shift [" in build mode you can make anything smaller, and with "Shift ]" anything larger. Also with "bb.moveobjects" on you can overlap things. It's quite handy! :grin:

Like my giant baby Yoda, heh heh!

xGlVYTl.png
    lwa19PZ.png
    8f3TDDb.png
    sims_zpswwzalnus.jpg
  • Options
    @wylmite1986 Although not 'useful', it's excellent for making a pool look like a natural pond. :)
    I made this one yesterday:

rHCNheR.png

Even the underwater part:

coxJPLD.png

And it's still swimable (Though obviously not in the winter, lol)
    I've d/led a couple that others made off the gallery. Been making my own now too. :)

Like these ones:

19qJMNQ.png

Reticulating Splines...
    9ODVlJh.png

• Options
    Faraway_SonFaraway_Son Posts: 142 Member
    I don't tend to find strange visual things within Sims 4...but behavioural psychologists would have a field day. I have a kitchen with 4 sinks, 2 dishwashers but my sims would rather go to the toilet to wash their dishes. Never, ever have more than one fridge in the house unless it's in the same location. I once had a fridge in the kitchen and a mini-fridge in my toddlers room, in case they got hungry during the night. Well, did my sims not use the mini-fridge every time they wanted to cook something...so they would ignore the fridge in front of them and wander upstairs, grab the ingredients and then come back down to the kitchen to prepare it.
  • Options
    I don't tend to find strange visual things within Sims 4...but behavioural psychologists would have a field day. I have a kitchen with 4 sinks, 2 dishwashers but my sims would rather go to the toilet to wash their dishes. Never, ever have more than one fridge in the house unless it's in the same location. I once had a fridge in the kitchen and a mini-fridge in my toddlers room, in case they got hungry during the night. Well, did my sims not use the mini-fridge every time they wanted to cook something...so they would ignore the fridge in front of them and wander upstairs, grab the ingredients and then come back down to the kitchen to prepare it.

Haha! Yeah! THAT drives me nuts!
    Reticulating Splines...
    9ODVlJh.png