Its time for the final screenshot thread! Show us what ya got here!
Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Sims 4/Sims 5 question or speculations?

I haven't had much time to spend on the internet and haven't read many articles about the sims franchise online but...
Im a bit confused and hope I can get my questions answered...
1. Is the sims franchise really going to discontinue after ts4?
2. Was the april update, the last update for ts4?
3. Will there be no more content for ts4?
4. Last but not least, is EA currently working on sims 5 and have really stopped working on ts4?

Thank you!

Comments

• Options
    jimbbqjimbbq Posts: 2,734 Member
    1. Hell no. Ts4 is still selling extremely well.
    2. No. They are working on 3 new packs I am sure there will be more !
    3. There will be more to come this year.
    4. Definitely working on 5. Probably has been since two years ago. I think they will continue to support ts4 till 2021. After that I think it will be phased out. That’s my opinion.
  • Options
    baberly4baberly4 Posts: 2 New Member
    i just brought Sims 4 and am starting to buy packs etc. It is a lot of money. If Sims 5 comes out I will have to start all over. Not sure if it is worth buying more stuff for my Sims 4 or I should just wait for 5.
  • Options
    logionlogion Posts: 4,754 Member
    edited May 2020
    1. No that would be a very bad decision on EA's part. We just don't know what comes next.
    2. Most likely not, while their updates have been somewhat lacking...they still seem to release them.
    3. Judging from their surveys, they are probably going to continue for at least one more year, maybe even several more years.
    4. Most likely they are, yes. Making video games takes so long so they have probably worked on their next game for a couple of years already. If they haven't, then they are planning to support the sims4 for at least three more years.
  • Options
    Goth583Goth583 Posts: 1,206 Member
    1. No, The Sims is still a HUGE source of profit since new players join every year. They are just going to add in some newer features to the gameplay, like online abilities, which would bring the game more in line with how many games are played these days.
    2. Nope, they will continue to push out updates even years after this iteration ends. Its always been that way.
    3. If they can make money off of it, they'll do it. EA will support TS4 until it no longer makes financial sense.
    4. They are still working on TS4 AND they are in the planning stages of TS5. This is not unusual. Nothing to worry about, it's normal.
    https://originalsimmer.blogspot.com - Check out my current TS4 Legacy!
  • Options
    SimAlexandriaSimAlexandria Posts: 4,845 Member
    baberly4 wrote: »
    i just brought Sims 4 and am starting to buy packs etc. It is a lot of money. If Sims 5 comes out I will have to start all over. Not sure if it is worth buying more stuff for my Sims 4 or I should just wait for 5.

Sims 5 will be at least a year, probably 2-3 before release, so if you think the money is worth it for several years plus of game play go for it.

When it is released it'll likely be a base game with not as much to do at first, like all Sims games, so you could even get into Sims 4 and then play it for several more years until Sims 5 is where you want it to be or stick with it.

But of course that's only if you are enjoying Sims 4. I love it, but others don't haha! if you don't like it then don't bother with the packs haha!

My own intention is to stick with SIms 4 and not bother with 5 cuz I like it and already have a game I like now.
  • Options
    SindocatSindocat Posts: 5,622 Member
    Minai wrote: »
    4. Last but not least, is EA currently working on sims 5 and have really stopped working on ts4?

Thank you!

1. Nothing suggests that.
    2. No.
    3. Yes - we have the names / themes of their next Stuff Pack and Expansion Pack, and a tease of a mystery Game pack in production.
    4. No one who knows (that is, at EA/Maxis) is saying. They may be, they may not. If they are, it would be under NDAs.

What we do know is that TS4, currently, is more popular now than any Sims title has been in the past. We know that development is pencilled in for new content to come over a projected number of years.

TS4 is alive and well, profitable, and has new content in development. TS5 is a rumor that exists because people expected a new title after 5 years and did not get one.
  • Options
    Faraway_SonFaraway_Son Posts: 142 Member
    @Minai, What Sims news outlets are you watching? Sims 5 is already in development. Alien Wilson...sorry, Andrew Wilson has already put out a statement on Sims 5. It won't be for me personally. I'll be sticking with Sims 4 until the end. Online Sims is not my escapism of choice!!
  • Options
    luthienrisingluthienrising Posts: 37,632 Member
    edited May 2020
    Sindocat wrote: »
    Minai wrote: »

Thank you!

1. Nothing suggests that.
    2. No.
    3. Yes - we have the names / themes of their next Stuff Pack and Expansion Pack, and a tease of a mystery Game pack in production.
    4. No one who knows (that is, at EA/Maxis) is saying. They may be, they may not. If they are, it would be under NDAs.

What we do know is that TS4, currently, is more popular now than any Sims title has been in the past. We know that development is pencilled in for new content to come over a projected number of years.

TS4 is alive and well, profitable, and has new content in development. TS5 is a rumor that exists because people expected a new title after 5 years and did not get one.

This. There is absolutely no actual evidence that Sims 5 is in development. Zip. Nada. There have been statements about the Sims generally that people have randomly decided are about Sims 5.
    EA CREATOR NETWORK MEMBER — Want to be notified of patches, new Broken Mods threads, and urgent Sims 4 news? Follow me at https://www.patreon.com/luthienrising.
  • Options
    pandie00pandie00 Posts: 590 Member
    edited May 2020
    IGN confirms for the new xbox series. Here's the link https://www.ign.com/wikis/xbox-series-x/Xbox_Series_X_List_of_Games_-_Rumored_and_Confirmed#List_of_Confirmed_Series_X_Games

Just went to xbox site and the Xbox Series X it's only available in christmas 2020.. so no sims 5 till 2021 I guess
    “Instead of putting players in the role of Luke Skywalker, or Frodo Baggins, I'd rather put them in the role of George Lucas.” - Will Wright.

12-01-2017 <3
    Rebuilding Genetics Family Tree

My Tumblr : pandie4sims.tumblr.com/
  • Options
    LoanetLoanet Posts: 4,079 Member
    1: Maxis has made various statements like "IF Sims 4 is a success we'll make a Sims 5" which is basically meaning, "When we're sick of pumping money from Sims 4 we'll make Sims 5."
    2: No. We're getting a big one in June.
    3: We've already seen a roadmap for the next six months and the Maxis team says they have years of content prepped.
    4:There is no evidence that EA is working on Sims 5 or even that Sims 5 will make Sims 4 irrellevant. Most 'evidence' is twisting EA or Maxis' words when they are personally ASKED about Sims 5.

IGN's only basis is that if there is a Sims 5 it will come out on the next console - hardly a tough assumption to make - and sometimes Maxis hires people for OTHER GAMES. It could even be a competitive online game for a new generation, which will not go down well with 99% of current players. But ultimately this sort of thing is YEARS off. Sims 5 - Anthem style! But boy is this a lot of speculation.
    Prepping a list of mods to add after Infants are placed into the game. Because real life isn't 'nice'.
  • Options
    ChazzzyChazzzy Posts: 7,166 Member
    1) Maybe
    2) No
    3) No
    4) No
  • Options
    deeman190deeman190 Posts: 99 Member
    edited May 2020
    I just hope The Sims 5 isn't online only.
  • Options
    friendlysimmersfriendlysimmers Posts: 7,571 Member
    if anyone wents to add there voice check the link in my signature i created a change.org petition to keep the sims5 offline
    If you went the sims5 to remain offline feel free to sign this petition http://chng.it/gtfHPhHK please note that it is also to keep the gallery

Repose en paix mamie tu va me manquer :

1923-2016 mamie :'(
  • Options
    deeman190deeman190 Posts: 99 Member
    Most likely they are, yes. Making video games takes so long so they have probably worked on their next game for a couple of years already. If they haven't, then they are planning to support the sims4 for at least three more years.[/quote]

I have often wondered how long it took to develop The Sims from planning all the way to release of the game.