Its time for the final screenshot thread! Show us what ya got here!
Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

I want to get Seasons.

capturethemagiccapturethemagic Posts: 249 Member
As the title says, I really want to get Seasons. The build items look nice and the gameplay looks fun. I'm just a bit worried about how easily your sims can die. Any tips on how to make it a bit harder for them to die, what you think of the pack, e.t.c e.t.c

Thanks in advance! o:)
c22f90da185c99d211adfff586bffe45.png

Comments

• Options
    texxx78texxx78 Posts: 5,657 Member
    I have never had a sim die of anything weather related and i have seasons from day one.
  • Options
    telmarina wrote: »
    I have never had a sim die of anything weather related and i have seasons from day one.

Thats good to know. Unlike SOME simmers, I hate when my sims die. <3
  • Options
    NushnushganayNushnushganay Posts: 9,418 Member
    getting struck by lightning twice in a row is awesome just to tell you. You send out sparks and your eye sockets glow white and you get supercharged and can do tasks that take focus way faster if I recall. I LOVE seasons for the weather. The realistic lightning strike about jumped me out of my seat on good headphones!

and for ppl like me who find holidays a big hassle, you can delete them from the calendar, or use a mod that makes it so your sins dont mind if they didn't do anything for a holiday...like it will still say it was the worst day ever, but they won't get an unhappy buff.

Winter snow in Windeberg and outdoor ice skating under the lights and getting hot cocoa from the stall, is AWESOME.
    Racism is EVERYONE's fight #BLM #StopAsianHate
    Let's make Liberty and Justice For All a reality.

xicwqMCm.jpg
  • Options
    getting struck by lightning twice in a row is awesome just to tell you. You send out sparks and your eye sockets glow white and you get supercharged and can do tasks that take focus way faster if I recall. I LOVE seasons for the weather. The realistic lightning strike about jumped me out of my seat on good headphones!

and for ppl like me who find holidays a big hassle, you can delete them from the calendar, or use a mod that makes it so your sins dont mind if they didn't do anything for a holiday...like it will still say it was the worst day ever, but they won't get an unhappy buff.

Winter snow in Windeberg and outdoor ice skating under the lights and getting hot cocoa from the stall, is AWESOME.

That sounds beautiful, and also we can become some sort of Thor? Okay, this is amazing.

• Options
    calaprfycalaprfy Posts: 3,927 Member
    I thought there was an issue regarding dozens of sims jogging in the snow and dying and thermostats creating crazy bills...?
  • Options
    caliposscaliposs Posts: 320 Member
    In the options menu you can always disable the temperature effects on sims :smiley:
    he/him
  • Options
    FlpAmaral wrote: »
    In the options menu you can always disable the temperature effects on sims :smiley:

Oh that's such good news. Thanks so much! :cookie: have a cookie <3
  • Options
    calaprfy wrote: »
    I thought there was an issue regarding dozens of sims jogging in the snow and dying and thermostats creating crazy bills...?

Lets hope they've fixed that.. :(
  • Options
    baberly4baberly4 Posts: 2 New Member
    I love the season pack. i did have a sim almost freeze to death. luckily i hadnt saved the game so i just exited without saving. i did lose some play time but at least he lived.
  • Options
    baberly4 wrote: »
    I love the season pack. i did have a sim almost freeze to death. luckily i hadnt saved the game so i just exited without saving. i did lose some play time but at least he lived.

At least it sounds like they fixed the weird thing where sims would just drop like flies.
  • Options
    elanorbretonelanorbreton Posts: 14,607 Member
    I've had it from day one and never had a death either. I have had a few sims turn blue if I left them playing in the snow for hours lol. But they come inside and get warm by the fire and are fine.

I tend to only use the thermostats for rich sims, as I am not sure how big the bills are. For poorer sims, I have a fireplace and they also have warm outfits for indoors (in the cold category) - jeans and sweaters etc so that they are not sitting inside in coats.

You can cross the filters out when choosing clothing and choose from anything.
  • Options
    RouensimsRouensims Posts: 4,858 Member
    Most people are crazy about this pack, but it's my least favorite. I'm happy to say that you can turn off weather effects on Sims, so they won't die from weather-related causes.
    Ooh Be Gah!! Whipna Choba-Dog? Whipna Choba-Dog!! :smiley:
  • Options
    Merricat94Merricat94 Posts: 46 Member
    I just got it myself in the sale but can't play until i get a computer and i gotta tell you the lightening striking twice sounds magnificent and that description alone is making me hype to play tbh ,, can not wait to see a sim sparking and glowing with headlights lolol

and it's good you can shut off the temp effects if needs be ~
  • Options
    hellokitty1496hellokitty1496 Posts: 243 Member
    One of my sims died at a party due to being trapped in a blizzard (this was in Windeburg). Once they made it inside, they froze up and turned into an icicle and sooner than later died while everyone was dancing. The only way a sim could die like this is if you don't take precaution or if your seasons settings are set to bad vs normal weather.
  • Options
    One of my sims died at a party due to being trapped in a blizzard (this was in Windeburg). Once they made it inside, they froze up and turned into an icicle and sooner than later died while everyone was dancing. The only way a sim could die like this is if you don't take precaution or if your seasons settings are set to bad vs normal weather.

Okay, it's just I watch some youtubers where when there was some sort of snowstorm at a pool party (don't ask) most froze and died, so...
  • Options
    edited May 2020
    I've had it from day one and never had a death either. I have had a few sims turn blue if I left them playing in the snow for hours lol. But they come inside and get warm by the fire and are fine.

I tend to only use the thermostats for rich sims, as I am not sure how big the bills are. For poorer sims, I have a fireplace and they also have warm outfits for indoors (in the cold category) - jeans and sweaters etc so that they are not sitting inside in coats.

You can cross the filters out when choosing clothing and choose from anything.

Here I am thinking fireplaces were perfectly cosmetic, that's so good to know, thanks!
    Post edited by capturethemagic on
  • Options
    I have decided to get the pack, it is downloading as I type. Thank you all for your input, I'll update here when I've played with it a bit! :cookie: Have a cookie, y'all deserve it.
  • Options
    calaprfycalaprfy Posts: 3,927 Member
    edited May 2020
    @capturethemagic I hope you enjoy the structure Seasons gives you. You'll be able to create your own holidays, experience random holidays and set weather effects and season lengths.

And there is also a money tree which can be bought for 5000 whim points but it means sims will become mega-rich!
  • Options
    caliposscaliposs Posts: 320 Member
    I have decided to get the pack, it is downloading as I type. Thank you all for your input, I'll update here when I've played with it a bit! :cookie: Have a cookie, y'all deserve it.

Have fun! :smiley:
    he/him
  • Options
    mustenimusteni Posts: 5,417 Member
    I have had one NPC die from cold. I didn't mind him dying really and it's not that common. If you're worried though I would recommend using the settings to turn temperature effects off. You could also buy reward traits (ice proof) for sims if you're only worried about a few.
  • Options
    sam123sam123 Posts: 4,539 Member
    telmarina wrote: »

Thats good to know. Unlike SOME simmers, I hate when my sims die. <3

I had my sims almost die from the cold but you get plenty of warnings before anything happens so they've never died.
  • Options
    edited May 2020
    calaprfy wrote: »
    @capturethemagic I hope you enjoy the structure Seasons gives you. You'll be able to create your own holidays, experience random holidays and set weather effects and season lengths.

And there is also a money tree which can be bought for 5000 whim points but it means sims will become mega-rich!

A money tree?

Me to my sims:

" Fine, we'll get you that pool you want. But this is coming out of your pocket money, Vera! "

• Options
    edited May 2020
    Did some gameplay. CAS items are some of the most beautiful items, second to University, I'd say. The build items are beautiful, and fit with such a variety of styles. The way I can make holidays they haven't added, like Easter or Hannukah a reality, is a wonderful feature. I must say, this is probably one of the best packs EA has made, good for them.
  • Options
    j1z1j1z1 Posts: 311 Member
    I love this pack and it's not that easy to die, but I do have to warn:

I took my sims to a lounge once, it was winter and there was a pool I didn't really think beforehand to cordon off (I was still kinda getting the hang of it).

All the NPCs started dying!!

They all jumped in the pool one after another before I even realized.

I only noticed because I got the notification that someone was dying. And then someone else. And immediately someone else. And so on.

So many sims.

I couldn't call them all over fast enough. By this point I couldn't exit or leave or edit to prevent anyone else getting in and just letting all active deaths run their course.

I had to lose all my progress lol.

Pool was full of blue corpses and new sims kept arriving onto the lot and jumping in with them. It went on for a while before I gave up.

So many blue corpses omg.
  • Options
    DaraviDaravi Posts: 1,153 Member
    The only death from weather I had, was when I had a club meeting in a heatwave on a place without a swimmingpool. 4 Sims died instantly. Then I have learned the reason behind asking a sim to show his or her clothes.