Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

More Interactions + Sexual Orientation Selection

Just a couple of things I was thinking while playing last night.

When you have a couple, you can select their lover and tell them to "Kiss" but what about an interaction that says "Kiss Me".

Also, I had one of my Sims try to hook someone up last night with another person and they immediately said "Well, she sounds like quite a catch. I'll introduce myself next time."

Now, someone pointed out that why does it seem every woman in this game is attracted to other women. I suggested this should be a selection so when my Sim Claire try to hook her friend Mina up with another woman, depending on Mina's preference her response should have been either:

(if likes women): "Well, she sounds like quite a catch."
(if straight): "Thanks, but I'm afraid I am not like that."
2quwd7.gif

Comments

• Options
    SindocatSindocat Posts: 5,622 Member
    I literally have never seen Sims end up in same-sex partnerships that I didn't create, so I don't think a heterosexuality toggle is needed. I do feel that asking for one is a sneaky way of asking for controls to remove gayness from the game. Considering we have seen only three premade same-sex couples, and three premade gender-nonbinary Sims, in twenty years, I suggest that is also not called for.

You control your Sims' orientation by deciding with whom you want them to flirt, if anyone.
  • Options
    Leahmiller2006Leahmiller2006 Posts: 354 Member
    Sindocat wrote: »
    I literally have never seen Sims end up in same-sex partnerships that I didn't create, so I don't think a heterosexuality toggle is needed. I do feel that asking for one is a sneaky way of asking for controls to remove gayness from the game. Considering we have seen only three premade same-sex couples, and three premade gender-nonbinary Sims, in twenty years, I suggest that is also not called for.

You control your Sims' orientation by deciding with whom you want them to flirt, if anyone.

Ageed.

One thing I do with there was though is a more subtle kiss. The current ‘Kiss’ interaction is a bit like hands on😂Can we not have a like goodbye kiss before a sim goes to work? Or just a peck. Also why can’t they kiss their kids? You know how toddlers get the,sad a parents left moodlet thing. I wish the parents could kiss them goodbye and that moodlet could be prevented?
    Let Your Smile Change Your World, But Don't Let The World Change Your Smile.

5K Mud Run For Cancer Research, 14 July 2018.
    Sims 4, 25th December 2014
  • Options
    SimAlexandriaSimAlexandria Posts: 4,845 Member

Ageed.

One thing I do with there was though is a more subtle kiss. The current ‘Kiss’ interaction is a bit like hands on😂Can we not have a like goodbye kiss before a sim goes to work? Or just a peck. Also why can’t they kiss their kids? You know how toddlers get the,sad a parents left moodlet thing. I wish the parents could kiss them goodbye and that moodlet could be prevented?

Sim parents can kiss their kids on the cheek if you have parenthood I think it is.
    fWKgHQO.png

As for sexual orientation I've seen it once that my straight Sim suddenly started flirting with a same gender Sim and next thing I knew they were kissing and had woohoo lined up which was very annoying, no mods, and he was happily married to his wife and the same gender Sim was a stranger to him (in fact it was his retail customer and he was supposed to be ringing him up.... it must have been a glitch it was about a year ago and I've never had the issue since thankfully. RIght now I believe that Sim sexual preferences are an option to the player, if you make them flirt with both genders they will, if you make them flirt with one or the other they'll will choose that gender on their own too.
  • Options
    OrThaylorOrThaylor Posts: 46 Member

omg my wishlist for the sims 4, it makes no sense if i want to have a gay sim and romantic interactions pop up when he talks to females but when he talks to males, the interactions seem to stay friendly/funny. I wish you could choose a sexuality, and it would be nice to have because there are mods like mcc or 🐸🐸🐸🐸 (TURNING OFF THE FUNNY BUSINESS OBVIOUSLY) that let you have sexualities but... they dont really work like i would like them to. so please sims team, do consider.
    Choose fun & love. <3
  • Options
    SindocatSindocat Posts: 5,622 Member
    Ageed.

I do want to say more interactions are always welcome. For less passionate affection, I go for "Kiss on the Cheek". My family Sims always also go for "Hug lovingly", even if it is indistinguishable from "Hug".

I try to get a Kiss on the Cheek in, on the way out the door to work - don't always manage it.

More platonic affection would also be nice.
  • Options
    Mariefoxprice83Mariefoxprice83 Posts: 8,109 Member
    edited May 2020
    I'd like to have sexual orientation established in CAS or when a sim ages from child to teen. I'm not going to say any more on the topic because I basically got lynched in a previous thread on this topic, and a mod had to delete several pages of the thread. :(
    Better to reign in Hell, than serve in Heaven.
  • Options
    I'd like to have sexual orientation established in CAS or when a sim ages from child to teen. I'm not going to say any more on the topic because I basically got lynched in a previous thread on this topic, and a mod had to delete several pages of the thread. :(
    rip, but that would be amazing
    Choose fun & love. <3
  • Options
    friendlysimmersfriendlysimmers Posts: 7,546 Member
    i fully disagree with this idea as it would go against the teen rating of the sims 4
    If you went the sims5 to remain offline feel free to sign this petition http://chng.it/gtfHPhHK please note that it is also to keep the gallery

Repose en paix mamie tu va me manquer :

1923-2016 mamie :'(
  • Options
    SERVERFRASERVERFRA Posts: 7,128 Member
    It would be nice to have an option button for romance preference so my sims don't just firt with anyone. Plus, I like my sims to be faithful.
  • Options
    i fully disagree with this idea as it would go against the teen rating of the sims 4

umm i didn't know that sexualities were not teen content? legit woohooing exists, you should probably reconsider your statement, unless you are just anti lgbtq...
    Choose fun & love. <3
  • Options
    MelMisplacedMelMisplaced Posts: 30 Member
    edited May 2020
    I would like the option of turning off flirting by active family unless directed by me. I hate when I have a new "good" and "family-oriented" sim and I'm setting up the story. I go to ask someone on a date and I've only had her flirt with one sim, but there are several other sims on the list because they randomly started flirting with EVERYONE at the romance festival. I have a sim with 6 "romantic" interests, only two of which I instigated.

Once I create a romantic interest in another sim and haven't asked to just be friends, then open flirting all the time is fine. I just sometimes want to choose everyone they flirt with. Asking to just be friends should remove that sim from the romantic panel, too.

On a separate but similar vein, why is "Ask if Single" a romantic interaction?
  • Options
    InuMiroLoverInuMiroLover Posts: 1,184 Member

A rather bold statement to make considering this is the same game that allows for same sex marriage and gender identity. With that in mind, an option for orientation preference doesn't sound like a far-fetched idea.
  • Options
    ListentoToppDoggListentoToppDogg Posts: 2,103 Member
    I've been wanting a sexual preference option in CAS ever since I started playing. I have no idea why they wouldn't have included something like this when they did that gender update. It would have made perfect sense.

I hate how everyone flirts with everyone and no one has a preference. I especially don't like how they do it regardless of their married status or not. I am constantly having female townie sims flirt with my married should be straight female sims and they always reciprocate. It makes all of no sense. If I have a sim married to a person of the opposite gender, I'd like the option to have them reject same sex advances. All they need to do is make a CAS setting that lets us state who our sims are and aren't attracted to. Surely they could have done that in the 6 years this game has been out. I really hope they add something like this at some point, because it's very annoying to have to be constantly hovering over my married sims just to make sure they aren't flirting with other people.
  • Options
    I've been wanting a sexual preference option in CAS ever since I started playing. I have no idea why they wouldn't have included something like this when they did that gender update. It would have made perfect sense.

I hate how everyone flirts with everyone and no one has a preference. I especially don't like how they do it regardless of their married status or not. I am constantly having female townie sims flirt with my married should be straight female sims and they always reciprocate. It makes all of no sense. If I have a sim married to a person of the opposite gender, I'd like the option to have them reject same sex advances. All they need to do is make a CAS setting that lets us state who our sims are and aren't attracted to. Surely they could have done that in the 6 years this game has been out. I really hope they add something like this at some point, because it's very annoying to have to be constantly hovering over my married sims just to make sure they aren't flirting with other people.

yessss exactly! I wish there were more restrictions, but sadly there arent. It would be amazing if we could choose it in CAS, tbh I dont even think it would be the hardest thing to do, and it exists irl so why not in the sims?
    Choose fun & love. <3
  • Options
    adamclark83adamclark83 Posts: 692 Member
    Quite some time ago before all the crashing issues happened, I had my Sim Jan Ling who is married to another woman and they have a daughter visit a bar to make friends and all of a sudden she's flirting and embracing a man.

Even a woman who has about 30 female lovers visited a bar and was doing the same thing but this time she enchanted a male Sim.

So I think a preference option would be nice. If it's set to "Undecided", after a woman keeps flirting with other women then after awhile, her preference is decided.

But I would also like more romantic interactions between partners, especially differences between teen relationships and married couples.
    2quwd7.gif

• Options
    catloverplayercatloverplayer Posts: 93,395 Member

Ageed.

They could add the proposal kiss as a kiss peck option or a goodbye or hello kiss. I wish they would.
  • Options

Ageed.

They could add the proposal kiss as a kiss peck option or a goodbye or hello kiss. I wish they would.

OOOOOOHH that's so good! the proposal kiss is very nice and subtle, idk why they haven't made that an interaction on it's own, also I always kinda found it lame that they reuse animations, especially with the mistletoe kiss, it's just a first kiss with putting a mistletoe on top, the sims shouldn't look shocked lol...
    Choose fun & love. <3
  • Options
    lisamwittlisamwitt Posts: 5,096 Member
    edited May 2020

I'm not sure how... my daughter is 16 and told us when she was 12 that she always knew she liked girls, the same way I always knew I liked boys. Neither of us had an "ah hah" moment, we just always knew. It's a part of who we are, not a thing that's outwardly visible or an activity you do. So I'm unclear on how a trait like sexual preference would change the rating.

I would like to be able set preference in CAS. Or have the preference be set via gameplay like it was in Sims 2. If you flirted with both, their preference stayed in the middle. If you flirted more with one or the other, it would move that way. I sometimes went into SimPE and set them manually when I had a specific story in mind.
    I don't see them adding in depth gameplay like that, but surely they could add a checkbox for preference- male, female, both, neither- that would stop certain behavior or cause a negative or positive reaction to it.

I haven't noticed townies' behavior with each other one way or the other, I don't pay much attention to them in general. But, my own Sims start flirting with townies or townies flirt with them all the time on community lots.

On a related note, it would be nice if married Sims didn't randomly flirt/get flirted with without you initiating it.
    Gallery ID: LadyGray01
  • Options
    lisamwitt wrote: »

I'm not sure how... my daughter is 16 and told us when she was 12 that she always knew she liked girls, the same way I always knew I liked boys. Neither of us had an "ah hah" moment, we just always knew. It's a part of who we are, not a thing that's outwardly visible or an activity you do. So I'm unclear on how a trait like sexual preference would change the rating.

I would like to be able set preference in CAS. Or have the preference be set via gameplay like it was in Sims 2. If you flirted with both, their preference stayed in the middle. If you flirted more with one or the other, it would move that way. I sometimes went into SimPE and set them manually when I had a specific story in mind.
    I don't see them adding in depth gameplay like that, but surely they could add a checkbox for preference- male, female, both, neither- that would stop certain behavior or cause a negative or positive reaction to it.

I haven't noticed townies' behavior with each other one way or the other, I don't pay much attention to them in general. But, my own Sims start flirting with townies or townies flirt with them all the time on community lots.

On a related note, it would be nice if married Sims didn't randomly flirt/get flirted with without you initiating it.
    Yes! to legit everything. You're making amazing points all around!
    Choose fun & love. <3
  • Options
    StrawberryYogurtStrawberryYogurt Posts: 2,799 Member
    Sims should be more faithful in general. Especially if they are family orientated, and especially not if they are flirty. There should be a toggle for your sims preference. I dont want my straight sims behaving as if theyre gay when theyre not.
    The Sims has currently lost its identity. Bring it back for TS5

FixedCoarseFawn-max-1mb.gif

Personality,depth,humor,consequences,lore,customization.
  • Options
    Andyzhang2896Andyzhang2896 Posts: 58 Member
    Really hope there's a sexual orientation option. So my sims married his university friends and have 1 kid (2 now). The wife AUTONOMOUSLY flirts with a restaurant employee (woman) and have a romantic relationship. This annoys me so much, especially I can't delete the romantic bar completely even with a cheat, it just stay there forever.

Sims should have a sexual orientation option: gay, lesbian, bisexual, etc. I believe Story Progression will eventually be implemented in the game, not sure how long we need to wait but it will come. When I create a completely new save file with new lots and households, I don't want the sims that supposed to be gay, starting a relationship with a female and then have kids. This will just ruin the story I created for them.

It's also great if the game itself somehow decides the orientation of the kid in our active household. But there's must be an option to turn this off (meaning that we can decide the orientation when the baby was born).

Sorry if my English is kinda messy, not native speaker here.
  • Options
    MyriadSimsMyriadSims Posts: 1,197 Member
    I wouldn't. Sexuality is a wide and confusing spectrum, with at least 11 different specialities. I personally think we should have it like the gender patch, with a bunch if different options for you to freely edit. Like 'How does your sim fall in love?' Or 'Does your sim like men, women, or both?' Or even 'Would your sim like to date a non-Binary sim?' That last one is for sims who's gender categories do not match their assigned gender. Sexuality spectrum can also mix with the gender spectrum as well, which would make it all the more difficult to add in something like a sexuality choice
  • Options
    nat6127nat6127 Posts: 3 New Member
    it would also be nice if couples had the same name after marriage. i dont know why this isnt a feature already like previous games. maybe they could add a feature that allow us to chose whose name they go with after marriage or maybe even a chice of a double barrelled name too
  • Options
    lisamwittlisamwitt Posts: 5,096 Member
    nat6127 wrote: »
    it would also be nice if couples had the same name after marriage. i dont know why this isnt a feature already like previous games. maybe they could add a feature that allow us to chose whose name they go with after marriage or maybe even a chice of a double barrelled name too

I wish there was an option at marriage to choose last names, like there is when a baby is born. Sometimes I want my Sims to keep their names, sometimes I want to change them. And right now I have to go into full edit mode to do it. Certainly not hard to do, but whenever something can be done without cheating, I'm happier.

Gallery ID: LadyGray01
  • Options
    RavennaRavenna Posts: 58 Member
    I was about to agree with the topic of an orientation switch until I read this one in-particular and found that what you're really asking for is a 'hetero' switch. I think with story progression, an orientation switch could be useful, but I don't think it should enable homophobia, much like how the enhanced gender options kind of enable transphobes to post terrible things in the gallery.
    Check out my stuff on the Sims 4 gallery under the ID 'RavennaSanguine'