Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Weird grey spots on floor, didn't place?

I noticed these weird grey spots on my floor, I didn't place them and I don't know what they are. When I try to delete them (without using cheats) it says object is in use. Does anyone know what they are?

Comments

• Options
    CaelemCaelem Posts: 75 Member
    edited May 2020
    I thought i attached an image url but it never came up. oh
  • Options
    igazorigazor Posts: 19,330 Member
    edited May 2020
    Do they look like grey ovals? If so, they are abandoned social jigs that sometimes become visible but usually for most of us do not. These are spawned and can then get stuck whenever an interaction occurs that is unexpectedly interrupted before it's completed and even when they are not visible they can get in the way of sims routing on the lot.

If not averse to using mods, NRaas MasterController can be used to get rid of them in a few clicks. Without mods, the way to flush these out is to retreat to Edit Town, evict the entire household to the side of the screen, copy the uninhabited lot down to the household bin, bulldoze the original, replace it with a copy, and move everyone back in without having left the screen. The jigs should not be able to withstand that kind of reset.
    o550pjoa47rpxo63g.jpg
    NRaas has moved!
    Our new site is at http://nraas.net
  • Options
    CaelemCaelem Posts: 75 Member
    igazor wrote: »
    Do they look like grey ovals? If so, they are abandoned social jigs that sometimes become visible but usually for most of us do not. These are spawned and can then get stuck whenever an interaction occurs that is unexpectedly interrupted before it's completed and even when they are not visible they can get in the way of sims routing on the lot.

If not averse to using mods, NRaas MasterController can be used to get rid of them in a few clicks. Without mods, the way to flush these out is to retreat to Edit Town, evict the entire household to the side of the screen, copy the uninhabited lot down to the household bin, bulldoze the original, replace it with a copy, and move everyone back in without having left the screen. The jigs should not be able to withstand that kind of reset.

Thank you. I decided to just use cheats and delete them. When you said it comes from abandoned interactions it made me think it could’ve came from a glitch I had where when my sim was cooking the food would disappear and he’d stop cooking, as these grey ovals were in the kitchen. I believe this somehow came from using the umbrella, which would glitch often and get stuck in the ground, and when trying to cook after using the umbrella without resetting my sim his food would disappear. It stopped after I got rid of the umbrella.
    Thanks again
  • Options
    SuzyCue72SuzyCue72 Posts: 526 Member
    Caelem wrote: »
    Thank you. I decided to just use cheats and delete them. When you said it comes from abandoned interactions it made me think it could’ve came from a glitch I had where when my sim was cooking the food would disappear and he’d stop cooking, as these grey ovals were in the kitchen. I believe this somehow came from using the umbrella, which would glitch often and get stuck in the ground, and when trying to cook after using the umbrella without resetting my sim his food would disappear. It stopped after I got rid of the umbrella.
    Thanks again

@Caelem I've only seen those ovals a few times in my games, maybe 2-3 times since I first started playing TS3 8½ years ago, and if I remember correctly I used "testingcheatsenabled on" and then "Object-Delete" to get rid of them. Several of the people in this thread seem to share that experience.