Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Which lifestage do you want to be improved the most? (April Community Survey)

GenerationSimmerGenerationSimmer Posts: 210 Member
So, we got the April 2020 Community Survey and wow! I saw in the survey so many cool new ideas, but I was glad there were also things we as players have been asking for a looong time!

I want this thread to be about the question nr. 9 which followed:
"Please rank the following life stages based on which you would like to see additional gameplay for 1 being your most wanted and 6 being your least wanted."

I am very curious about which lifestage was your number 1 and why? It would be cool to discuss which lifestate needs most improvement.

I know a lot of people are gonna vote for babies, but I also do know not everybody wants improved babies.
(So secretly this thread is to see how many people really want improved babies :p )

I did vote for babies, because I play on a really long life span (using MCCC). My babies last two weeks in my game so after few days I actually even forget I have them, because I take my families out to restaurants, parks, clubs, bars etc. all the time. It bothers me too much we can't bring our baby anywhere! I love visting grandpa's en grandma's house for dinner. But it's sad the baby needs to stay at home.

So let me know what your number 1 was! :smile:

ps. Why were teens not an option here?! :o
👋🏻 Hi, my name is Domi / 📍 Brindleton Bay 💛Legacy Player 🔔FOLLOW ON: TWITTER / TUMBLR

Which lifestage do you want to be improved the most? (April Community Survey) 142 votes

Babies
48%
auroraael14winkeljohn78CheesySimsLovercandystormmcruddasimbsimbabajaynealexandreaBluelleSxcDannii202PinkSugar81smurf45blueCary1213stephanie132392kiwi84A_MomskateboardsmoovGracieO312ThenyoukissmeLadyTachunka 69 votes
Toddlers
2%
OnverserAngelEb95NeiaKimmer 4 votes
Children
26%
AprilDawnPlayerSinger2010sennawalesIrdiwenfruitsbasket101ceyricBabykittyjadeHarukotyanMoonfoxNightcrySelinaKylesbecks1112texxx78SimsLovinLycanEnkiSchmidtBashsync2015RedShoe7QuillWriterFurSimsOfficialMareahMonaveil 37 votes
Young Adults
3%
alanmichael1MariqueenBabySquaresuvoltaCatzilla 5 votes
Adults
1%
stilljustme2StrawberryYogurt 2 votes
Elders
17%
AlexaiMonet11haneulWyrrenloubyloulouMissyHissytaydevduhboy2u2RipleyrawrFLauriebixterscaitybee73SindocatadduapinajoRN1414WolfiumTTNsimmerRavenSpitizecsonSimmingal 25 votes

Comments

• Options
    x4m1r4x4m1r4 Posts: 3,901 Member
    Babies
    I want to see how far they can enhance & enrich this life stage. If they succeed, I would say that, it is possible that they could observe a shift in how people playing the Sims moving forward.
    OID:- x4m1r4
  • Options
    MissyHissyMissyHissy Posts: 2,022 Member
    Elders
    I put Elders because I'd love to have more options for them. I'm not so bothered about the babies because there's nothing more I feel needs to be done with them, personally. But the elders definitely need some more options, in my opinion. <3
    *All my mods can be found on The Daily Plumbob*MiAqoAE.png
  • Options
    texxx78texxx78 Posts: 5,657 Member
    Children
    I put children cause it's one of my favourite life stages and i feel they don't have much to do. Also i don't get why they always stay out of some gameplay that they should be included on, like for example, using bikes.
    Babies were actually my last choice cause i just age them the moment they are born.
  • Options
    Atreya33Atreya33 Posts: 4,429 Member
    It's very hard to choose just one. I want a little bit for everyone that is not a young adult.
    I would like improvements for toddlers and children. They need more to do and not left out in so many new gameplay (why are bikes, boats, magic,... only for teens and up) . And some gameplay differences between young adults, adults and elders would be welcome, they are far too much alike at the moment.
    For babies, I want them to be released from their cribs and adults being able to carry them around.

The only ones not high on my list are teens, actually. Lol :) . But they should have been an option for this question to be complete.
  • Options
    OnverserOnverser Posts: 3,364 Member
    Toddlers
    Toddlers, mainly just because I love playing with them in the Sims 4 and any new additions for them would be welcome.
  • Options
    SindocatSindocat Posts: 5,622 Member
    edited May 2020
    Elders
    Elders - sadly neglected for stand-out development.
    Post edited by Sindocat on
  • Options
    xMarianxxMarianx Posts: 74 Member
    edited April 2020
    Babies
    Babies. I miss the babies from Sims 3, they were more like actual babies and not locked to their crib.
  • Options
    KathykinsKathykins Posts: 1,883 Member
    I'm saying children, but really share that spot with toddlers. I don't play with babies. When one of my sims give birth, its insta-toddler. Don't think there's anything they could add to babies, that would make me want to play them. But children and toddlers really NEED some love, and soon.

Teens have some limitations, but really...teen and up have plenty, they can do everything in the game. Heck, teens can even live alone this time around. In previous games, that would mean Social services.
  • Options
    NoirStasisNoirStasis Posts: 243 Member
    edited April 2020
    Babies
    Babies was #1 for me. The most neglected life stage that isn't even a real Sim; but an object.

Babies need an overhaul and more interactions like getting a bottle from the fridge, tummy time, a stroller that allows you to take them out of the house, bathing them in a sink, an actual changing table again, the ability to dress them up in different onesies, etc.

Elders children, and toddlers get neglected too, but at least toddlers and kids have dedicated stuff packs and then new features for them and teens were added with Parenthood and elder gameplay is getting an addition with the new knitting pack with the rocking chair, the ability to reminisce, and of course knitting for hobby or profit.
  • Options
    asimbsimasimbsim Posts: 476 Member
    Babies
    It was so hard! I put babies, just because I'd love to be able to even just move them into a different room or put them on a play mat -it doesnt need to be extensive. But elders and children were also really close to the top of the list. I dont even think we need huge amounts for elders, but I would love to see the walking stick back, and options like talk about grandchildren, or look after grandchildren. Just something a bit more age specific.
    If we're going for really fleshed out life stage, children would definitely be top. They're so lacking in all of the possible ways! I miss imaginary play, treehouses, hop-scotch, the dressing up box, different schools, boarding schools, sleepovers...soo many things.
    So maybe I should have chosen children!! They're all equally in need I think :#
  • Options
    QuillWriterQuillWriter Posts: 67 Member
    Children
    I ranked children first, because I think there's still so much that could be added to them for gameplay, and babies second. Young adults I ranked dead last. We've gotten plenty for them over the years.
  • Options
    BabykittyjadeBabykittyjade Posts: 4,975 Member
    Children
    I'm sad to see babies winning over kids. The last vote teens won, young adults get everything, and in the last vote even elders won more votes over kids. I'm tired of them being picked last 😭😭😭😭 justice for the wittle children!! They need so many things!!!

Okay rant over. I chose kids toddlers then babies. Although babies need an upgrade for sure they are the shortest most meaningless lifestage "IN COMPARISON TO" kids or toddlers. I play my kids a for loooooong time and toddlers too. But babies even with an upgrade only for so long. I would hope they upgrade all three but kids are my priority.
    Zombies, oh please oh please give us zombies!! :'(
  • Options
    BabySquareBabySquare Posts: 7,869 Member
    Young Adults
    For me it's young adults and adults because those are the only ages I play with.
    Gallery ID: babysquare
  • Options
    DaWaterRatDaWaterRat Posts: 3,355 Member
    Children
    I picked Children because I've done the baby thing once in real life and have (especially now) zero desire to repeat that in my gaming. I only leave them as babies as long as I do to build the parenthood skill in mom and dad. So after that caveat, of the childhood stages, Children feel like they have the least to do.
  • Options
    annaliese39annaliese39 Posts: 2,797 Member
    Babies
    Free babies! For me they are clearly the lifestage that needs the most development. They are basically just an object right now, which makes me sad when I think of all the cute possibilities we family players are missing out on. I also really want child sims, teens and elders to be developed further, and buggies/prams for toddlers as well as babies.
  • Options
    SharoniaSharonia Posts: 4,853 Member
    Babies
    Babies! I want them to be real sims and have a lot more game play. I think they could be a really fun life stage if done right. They're boring as they are now. My sims just ignore them until they cry and to me that's not normal or fun game play.
  • Options
    telemwilltelemwill Posts: 1,752 Member
    Babies
    I played Sims 2 before moving to Sims 4, and I really miss those babies. I would be happy if the babies in Sims 4 were developed at least as much as the babies in Sims Free play.

I wish teens had been a choice. I would love for them to be a different life stage completely, but otoh I wouldn't want to lose clothing choices.
  • Options
    DaepheneDaephene Posts: 1,760 Member
    Children
    Children first. Teens would have been second if they were on there. Then Elders I think, and partly because I'd like more focus on extended family relationships and more elder/child things to do together would be awesome. I'd love more child aspirations, teen aspirations, and retired aspirations, all having to do more with hobbies and social lives rather than careers.

Adults and young adults all have long enough aspirations, plus careers, plus finding love and raising kids, to keep them busy, even when I extend both stages. Sometimes I can pad the children and teens with focus on character values and scouts, but in the aspiration department the child ones are too easy and the teens are just stuck getting a head start on adulthood. I don't really have any desire to complete several aspirations for the same sim, so I don't need the head start and I'd also like some different options for the older sims who have already completed one or two. I can also keep my elders busy with hobbies and clubs and part time jobs, but I would like some in-game goals as well.

I have no interest in babies. On normal lifespan the baby stage lasts so long compared to toddlers and children that I just always age them up early to keep the family age gaps more realistic. But as long as I can continue to do that it would be nice if they'd do something for those of you who want to play with them. And I wouldn't mind a stroller for family outings.
  • Options
    fruitsbasket101fruitsbasket101 Posts: 1,530 Member
    edited April 2020
    Children
    My choice was for children. They barely have anything to do in this game. Why can't they garden? Why can't they learn the guitar? Where are the games like tag, hide-and-seek, pretend?
    Have a super fantastic awesome splendid amazing day! -TheQxxn
  • Options
    netney52netney52 Posts: 1,214 Member
    Children
    Kids definitely need more to do I would have picked teens if that was an option. I don’t care too much for babies I quite like them as an object and found them too much work in the sims 3 and I’m not a huge fan of the whole free the babies thing. Toddlers I feel are fine as they are just need more cas and bb items like kids and teens. Elders are being expanded on a bit with the new knitting stuff pack but still need more. young adults and adults have too much focus on them.
  • Options
    MyriadSimsMyriadSims Posts: 1,197 Member
    Babies
    Babies. They dont do anything. I want them to be able to do other things instead of cry every few minutes
  • Options
    MariqueenMariqueen Posts: 24 Member
    Young Adults
    Young adults, because teens weren't an option 🤷‍♀️ I have zero interest in children/toddlers/babies. I want not thing to do with them in game and irl
  • Options
    MariqueenMariqueen Posts: 24 Member
    Young Adults
    > @Rosysimmer said:
    > Babies. They dont do anything. I want them to be able to do other things instead of cry every few minutes

like what? that's literally all they do in real life.. cry and poop.
  • Options
    Leahmiller2006Leahmiller2006 Posts: 354 Member
    Babies
    telmarina wrote: »
    I put children cause it's one of my favourite life stages and i feel they don't have much to do. Also i don't get why they always stay out of some gameplay that they should be included on, like for example, using bikes.
    Babies were actually my last choice cause i just age them the moment they are born.

But if babies were improved would you till age them up straight away?
    Let Your Smile Change Your World, But Don't Let The World Change Your Smile.

5K Mud Run For Cancer Research, 14 July 2018.
    Sims 4, 25th December 2014
  • Options
    DaWaterRatDaWaterRat Posts: 3,355 Member
    Children
    telmarina wrote: »

But if babies were improved would you till age them up straight away?

Not speaking for telmarina, but for myself - probably. I don't want to bathe them, change them, play with them, play as them. I can see where others might find that fun, but I can't imagine finding it fun for myself. I was thrilled once my daughter was mobile and able to communicate in something other than smiles or cries, even if that did mean more fences and child-proofing.