Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Cribs/Useful bunks/novelty snooze/making the ground comfortable: Sleeping options the sims 4 needs.

When Instagram makes you picture all the missed opportunities for making bedtime worthwhile, even if its just a quick nap.

The sims 4 has been out since 2014, and it was only in the last few months we saw even the hint of a new bed type in the form of a fold-up, leaving you with either a flat wall or sofa to chill on during the day and no hate, that was cool, which there had been more choice but for what it was, I loved it, despite the constant breaks and impending doom.
But, it did widen the hole left by no real bed choices other than anything that looks like it came from Ikea's basic range (No hate to them either, love the meatballs and pink cake things) and so, with the six-month roadmap being posted, I'm here to hopefully see some feedback get taken and added to our games during the polish, last-minute additions and overall idea plans for the upcoming DLC's.

Cribs, not just for the babies! Toddlers too, either the same size or bigger depending on the age groups, the only big difference could easily be that toddlers with high motor skills have the ability to get themselves out, that or clumsy parents leave the hook off and so any point at which the kid has a tantrum and shakes the bars, the gate feels down and they easily climb out to go do whatever it is they wanna do, cribs also have the option of being a grounding option for naughty toddlers who refuse to behave, they are placed in there and left to calm down or have a sulk nap, giving their parents/siblings the ability to clear up messes. Maybe Handy sims have the ability to upgrade them so they come with music players/mobiles/better locks/mattress options/new colours/cute prints/name placks on the end of the crib.
For babies, maybe their new option could be a rocking seat or a crib that gently sways when they're upset/fussy, something a sim can plop a chair beside and push, putting them and their infant to sleep.

Useful Bunks (Again, Ikea) could have desks underneath or storage, forts, toy chests and such, even pet beds for Rover to snooze and guard them against scary monsters, or just another bed/sofa for their sibling/friend/parent (In case you wanna do a really small house and don't want separate rooms), the possibilities are endless, as are the handy improvement options!

Novelty easily appears in the form of beds with odd frames, maybe broken looking ones handcrafted by those too cheap to go and get one, maybe a sim wants to built something for their partner and produces a functionally disastrous bedframe barely holding together and has the chance of breaking as they sleep, either splitting in half, legs coming off, tipping, maybe just the bottom comes off and they end up on the floor and don't even realise whats happened till they wake up for work! any fun ideas you guys come up with are welcome.

PICNIC BLANKETS! WE HAVE TOWELS SO WHY NOT BLANKETS!
Sorry about that...you know how ironically irritating it is to sunbathe but not be able to enjoy lunch at the park unless you wanna sit at a rotten table covered in bugs/rotten food. Blankets can be the next semi-easy retexture/code so sims could eat/sleep/stargaze without having to lay on 🐸🐸🐸🐸 grass or have to endure hard bench seats, obviously, this won't be a constant, but your sims have OPTIONS! Anyone from kids to elders can sleep on a blanket and end up feeling whatever as the result, from restful/at ease/content/comfortable/ to /MY BACK!/Bad decision/Why are my clothes wet?/ANTS/Rude awakening (Being licked awake by the family pooch or jumped on by the cat)/

As you can see, Beds/more sleeping options have so much potential! And there's more we haven't even covered yet (Please comment your ideas, we need to stretch thing so EA realises this is worth adding), so with everyone being home, we have more time to touch base on things the game needs and give feedback (When we aren't looking after ourselves, I mean).

Stay safe, everybody, stay inside and have a great evening! I'm off to play sims and defeat the Stranger Ville plant mother!

Comments

• Options
    crocobauracrocobaura Posts: 7,441 Member
    I would really like a hammock and a fold out couch that doesn't kill your sims.
  • Options
    BabykittyjadeBabykittyjade Posts: 4,975 Member
    Yes to all of this. In addition I always wanted sleeping bags, floor sleeping along with the ability to sit on the floor to picnic or chat or even hold eachother by the fireplace.
    And I mean a REAL snuggle up holding not the barely touching heads together joker grin holding.

I hate that when camping they can't even sit on the ground anywhere they have to be in chairs.
    Hammocks!! They should be able to relax and sleep in hammocks too.

I desperately wanted to see the toddler with those crib interactions you mentioned.
    We also need a toddler stroller! I don't like how when I go out on a family outing my toddlers are all over the place. It breaks the immersion and I want to atleast contain them in the stroller so they stay close. And maybe give them a sippy cup or a toy to keep them quiet.
    Zombies, oh please oh please give us zombies!! :'(
  • Options
    SERVERFRASERVERFRA Posts: 7,145 Member
    I so miss all that. It was in the Sims 3 but unfortunately never in Sims 4. Sad. 😥
  • Options
    GodleyjeansGodleyjeans Posts: 336 Member
    It just hit me: BUNK SLIDES AND MULTI COTS FOR EXTRA BABIES!

If you've spent too much time on insta like me then you've probably seen the DIY video of the dad with triplets, he builds them an amazing jungle/gym type multi bunk with stairs and their own climbing area, its adorable and way out of the sims 4's ability range but at the very least, Staff could code in proper slides for outside and reuse that for little ones connected to beds for kids!

With Multi-cots, they could simply create cribs big enough for twins/triplets, extra wide, and for toddlers, the same idea but with beds, they just crawl across to reach their spot which opens the ability for beds to be fought over (the toddlers can be in the middle, hitting each other with toys or pillows) and child-stage sims can laze on and read to their younger siblings.

Or if you wanted something kinda inventive, for newborns, you could have a sort of tree of cots, each with different heights (Probably never going to happen but it would be silly to see).

Last-minute thought: Kids being able to sleep in pet beds, or toddlers, either on the pillow type bed or EA gave us proper, basic looking pet ones and they can either be big enough for both child and pet or just the child (While the dog/cat looks sadly at their owner, wondering why they've been betrayed)
  • Options
    SERVERFRASERVERFRA Posts: 7,145 Member
    Cool ideas.
  • Options
    BluelleBluelle Posts: 327 Member
    Cribs for toddlers!! Cribs for toddlers!! Cribs for toddlers!! I've wanted this since TS4 was released, I want it soooo bad
  • Options
    GodleyjeansGodleyjeans Posts: 336 Member
    What mini fireman poles for kids beds? for fun they could slide down or climb up (With struggle). Thats obviously if EA created jungle-gym frames which would be way bigger and sort of half playground to keep younger sims busy while their parents snoozed