Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Newcrest

I saw a post in one of the other forums that mentioned Newcrest and it got me wondering. What have you done with Newcrest? Do you keep a common theme throughout? Mine is kind of a hodgepodge of restaurants and venues, nothing really matches. I think I have a spa. I mostly use it for testing builds.

What have you done with lot types and landscaping?
"Life is a banquet and most poor suckers are starving to death!" -Auntie Mame

Comments

• Options
    texxx78texxx78 Posts: 5,657 Member
    edited April 2020
    Atm mine is a modern city. All modern venues and houses imported from the gallery. I haven't done any landscaping though.
  • Options
    joRN1414joRN1414 Posts: 1,669 Member
    I was thinking of deleting everything and making a city. With actual matchy matchy stuff. A modern area would be nice.
  • Options
    RouensimsRouensims Posts: 4,858 Member
    Mine is chaotic housing, from treehouses to shacks to mansions.
    Ooh Be Gah!! Whipna Choba-Dog? Whipna Choba-Dog!! :smiley:
  • Options
    imhappyimhappy Posts: 1,988 Member
    Is that the one that came with get to work? I turned it into a hippie commune. There's also a hippie like spa for the rich and famous.
  • Options
    @Rouenpucelle : Mines chaos too! LOL
    @imhappy : Hippie commune! That sounds like fun.
  • Options
    joRN1414 wrote: »
    @Rouenpucelle : Mines chaos too! LOL
    @imhappy : Hippie commune! That sounds like fun.

Thanks! It is fun! Holly Alto (B list actress) married Johnny Landgraab (who leads the commune). Holly likes to spend time in the spa and does a lot of yoga. Johnny tries to make a lot of herbs, but has a couple of those plants that you have to feed or will try and eat you.

Next door is Elsa and Lucas from Get Together who are married and devoted followers.
    Lucas Munch's mom married Jacque Villariel, so once in awhile Max Villareal (half brother) stops by and causes havoc in the Elsa/Lucas household. Elsa is very involved in trying to convert new followers, while Lucas tries to live off the land.

All four are in a club where they dress up in the middle of the night and run around naked or something.
  • Options
    crocobauracrocobaura Posts: 7,386 Member
    I am slowly building it up into a small town commercial area with shops, restaurants, cafes, etc. I find it very annoying that it's not possible to tell from the map what the lot surroundings are like and plan beforehand the look and purpose of the venues.
  • Options
    mustenimusteni Posts: 5,408 Member
    edited April 2020
    @imhappy Newcrest is the free additional neighbourhood, didn't come with nay pack.

Here are a couple of pictures of my Newcrest. Some of the houses are from the gallery and some I have built myself. Sorry about the gloomy weather.

In the upper neighbourhood there's a cafe, bar and three residential lots.
    fDpeNMe.png

This is an old factory area in my game. There's a karaoke bar with rollerskating, underground bar, hipster restaurant and two residential lots.
    13gg2zL.png

The lower neighbourhood has restaurant, nightclub with bowling and three residential lots.
    AFvxs0Q.png
    Post edited by musteni on
  • Options
    BoergeAarg61BoergeAarg61 Posts: 956 Member
    No, I don't keep a common theme. On the contrary, I used it for buildings and large objects from new packs and buildings for special needs.

For instance, I added a vegetarian restaurant and a restaurant with bowling lanes in Newcrest.
  • Options
    Huiiie_07Huiiie_07 Posts: 1,200 Member
    Mine is just pure chaos, I must say. I just threw in every nice gallery venue I could find, like 2 restaurants, a Japanese themed spa, a café, a nightclub/pool and 2 residential lots. Nothing really fits btw.
    Origin ID: Huiiie_07

I like to build stuff
  • Options
    OldeseadoggeOldeseadogge Posts: 5,000 Member
    Depends on the game save. In some is hardly used, others a bit of this and that, and another is a test bed for experimental building projects. The only thing they all have in common is my restaurant/bar/gym/library/sort-of hotel combo I call Ladybird Landing. Not sure why, but it seems the restaurant of choice when other sims invite mine to a meal.
  • Options
    @musteni Oh, that area! Yours looks great!

I haven’t done much with the area.
    One small area is where my mob meets. It has a club (or lounge, can’t remember) with a poll where girls can dance. I also have a lounge (or bar or something) with a bunch of poker tables.
  • Options
    CamkatCamkat Posts: 2,329 Member
    Mine is all commercial and community lots. There's a gym, arcade, church, roller rink, theatre (indoor and an outdoor), restaurant, bar, museum, park and graveyard. I've still a few empty lots to build up and they will most likely be community lots too.
    Origin ID: Peapod79
  • Options
    @musteni : That is fabulous! I don't use the fireplaces much, but I am seriously going to have to now. It really looks like a kind of urbanish/rural like area. I love the warehouse. You've given me some great ideas.
    @Huiiie_07 : You just described mine.
    @imhappy : A MOB!!! OMGosh, I am inspired.
  • Options
    SindocatSindocat Posts: 5,622 Member
    I have grand plans to develop it some day.

At present, it is simply my "learn to build" neighborhood.
  • Options
    slamondaslamonda Posts: 1,357 Member
    i put a lot of places i want my sims to visit like spa coffee shops bowling roller skating
  • Options
    ImSandsImSands Posts: 332 Member
    After Tiny living came out, I reinvented my Newcrest as a Tiny living community.
  • Options
    catloverplayercatloverplayer Posts: 93,395 Member
    joRN1414 wrote: »
    I saw a post in one of the other forums that mentioned Newcrest and it got me wondering. What have you done with Newcrest? Do you keep a common theme throughout? Mine is kind of a hodgepodge of restaurants and venues, nothing really matches. I think I have a spa. I mostly use it for testing builds.

What have you done with lot types and landscaping?

I use Newcrest mainly for Restaurents and Houses though I'll occasionally stick a Bowling Alley and Spa there.
  • Options
    SindocatSindocat Posts: 5,622 Member
    Wait - Newcrest is literally base game. How is this a Packs discussion?
  • Options
    taydevtaydev Posts: 912 Member
    Newcrest is a modern city in my game. Contemporary modern homes and “apartments”, a cafe, library, park, and spa. Too bad the homes in the backdrop don’t agree with my architectural style.
  • Options
    Sindocat wrote: »
    Wait - Newcrest is literally base game. How is this a Packs discussion?

Oh man, I didn't realize I had put it in packs. Oops.
  • Options
    Mariefoxprice83Mariefoxprice83 Posts: 8,109 Member
    edited April 2020
    I don't tend to use Newcrest that much, but I do sometimes put cemeteries there. In my current save it's the kingdom of the North, home to the Stark kings of the North. Eventually it will be filled with the homes of the house's bannerlords and cadet branches. I am definitely going to place a tavern and a woodland park for weddings and worshipping the Old Gods, and a cemetery for the dead of House Stark, and their direwolf companions. I've already got 2 ghost dogs wandering around the home lot eating out of the surviving dog's bowl and I definitely need to place the urn somewhere besides the home lot because they are annoying me now.
    Post edited by Mariefoxprice83 on
    Better to reign in Hell, than serve in Heaven.
  • Options
    calaprfycalaprfy Posts: 3,927 Member
    I downloaded a multi-storey office block into Newcrest. Made each floor into a room for my individual skill clubs.
  • Options
    crocobauracrocobaura Posts: 7,386 Member
    I've already got 2 ghost dogs wandering around the home lot eating out of the surviving dog's bowl and I definitely need to place the urn somewhere besides the home lot because they are annoying me now.

How do you move the urns? I tried but the game said it can't open the household inventory on my cemetery lot. Do they need to buy it first, like a business lot?
  • Options
    mustenimusteni Posts: 5,408 Member
    crocobaura wrote: »
    I've already got 2 ghost dogs wandering around the home lot eating out of the surviving dog's bowl and I definitely need to place the urn somewhere besides the home lot because they are annoying me now.

How do you move the urns? I tried but the game said it can't open the household inventory on my cemetery lot. Do they need to buy it first, like a business lot?

The urn has to be in your sim's inventory.