Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Need help with roofing

luvalphvleluvalphvle Posts: 1,545 Member
I need the central portion of my roof to be just a bit taller than the pieces on either side. In TS3 there is the "placefriezes" cheat to allow this. Is there something similar in TS4? I can't raise just this bit because it raises the whole floor, and if I put a half-wall around the outside there's a big hole on top of the roof. Putting on another floor just on top of this portion makes the roof too tall. In the photo below, the blue portion is the half wall, the pink portion is the floor underneath. I want to raise this portion up to the pink without leaving all that space in the middle.

wApAta0.png

Comments

• Options
    XinqunXinqun Posts: 612 Member
    edited April 2020
    I get what you're trying to do. You're trying to get this effect, right?

kh02.jpg

If you don't mind that the tops of some of the roofs are not a perfect flat floor, maybe the roofing on this build could help with some ideas. The link is here: King's Hallow; feel free to pick it apart. (I did try to explain how it was done, originally, but trying to say it in words just seems confusing.)

Alternatively, there's nothing wrong with using the half wall and leaving a hole in the centre. I'd pave that "hole" and call it a widow's walk or a rooftop patio....
  • Options
    @Xinqun that's what I'm trying to do. It does bother me if it's not a perfect flat floor so I was hoping TS4 has something like a "placefriezes on" cheat or something. :neutral: I might just have to live with the "hole" and color it so it's not as obvious. I'll look at your build and see how you did it!
  • Options
    LionessInMNLionessInMN Posts: 478 Member
    I am not exactly sure what you are trying to get at, but you can pull the high roof back to cover the middle if you want it all high, or pull the side roofs in if you want the middle lower. Your roof can extend beyond the walls. Not sure if this is helpful though, because I can't see in my mind what your final should look like. Or add another roof that is flat in the middle?
  • Options
    @LionessInMN I want the middle part to raise up higher than the rooms on either side of it. Like, a half a room higher, but flat on top. Then I'll pull the roof portions higher to create the rise.
  • Options
    I found a workaround.

I used the "Totes Modern" Pedestal from Get to Work, enlarged it, and used MOO to move it up to the height I wanted. I had to use several of them but I covered the roof and made it look like a complete piece.

QHIW6NS.png

gjd7haR.png

H7qanFm.png

qY3KehS.png

RLVfZa5.png
  • Options
    LionessInMNLionessInMN Posts: 478 Member
    That looks great! Good idea :)