Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Give us an option to invite anyone using a search box!

BeardedgeekBeardedgeek Posts: 5,520 Member
edited April 2020 in The Sims 4 Game Feedback
Instead of limiting the first tab to what seemingly is random sims (I have so many times tried to invite a Sim I know FAIRLY well but isn't a friend, and he or she just won't show up in that list but random townies I have talked to a week a go once does...)... Just add a search box to that tab so if I know the name of the Sim I can find him or her regardless if she shows up in the list or not.
Origin ID: A_Bearded_Geek
Post edited by Beardedgeek on

Comments

• Options
    crocobauracrocobaura Posts: 7,385 Member
    Instead of limiting the first tab to what seemingly is random sims (I have so many times tried to invite a Sim I no FAIRLY well but isn't a friend, and he or she just won't show up in that list but random townies I have talked to a week a go once does...)... Just add a search box to that tab so if I know the name of the Sim I can find him or her regardless if she shows up in the list or not.

You need to do the introduction socials first for the sims to appear in the phone book.
  • Options
    birdonawirebirdonawire Posts: 400 Member
    I was thinking the exact same thing the other day, when I was trying to plan a wedding. The bride had to spend the entire day before the wedding re-introducing herself to the family of her fiance (she'd met them several times before, but apparently she forgot) - just to invite them to the party. It's pretty ridiculous.
  • Options
    crocobaura wrote: »
    Instead of limiting the first tab to what seemingly is random sims (I have so many times tried to invite a Sim I no FAIRLY well but isn't a friend, and he or she just won't show up in that list but random townies I have talked to a week a go once does...)... Just add a search box to that tab so if I know the name of the Sim I can find him or her regardless if she shows up in the list or not.

You need to do the introduction socials first for the sims to appear in the phone book.

That's my point. They don't. The phonebook can only show x Sims, the rest just get cut out. And it doesn't make sense which ones are in there. Trying to invite the girl I want as a love interest, which I have a 30% green bar with, and she is not there. But this guy from Uni I spoke to ONCE always pops up.
    And yes, I have done greetings with both of them.
  • Options
    edited April 2020
    I don't know. From my experience, it doesn't matter how much you talk to another sim, if you don't do the introduction socials they don't appear in the phone book. If you go to a bar and speak to a barista or another customer, they will not appear in the phone book. If you do the friendly, rude or flirty introduction they will show up in the acquaintances panel, even if that's the only thing you ever spoke to them.
  • Options
    GlacierSnowGlacierSnow Posts: 2,348 Member
    I agree. I have had this same frustration! Sometimes I resort to using Andrew's Teleporter mod (since that lets me see all the sims that exist) to yank the sim I want onto the lot just so I can re-introduce myself. :lol:
    Forum-Banner-01.jpg
    Seventeen & Maldusk Forum thread link
    My name on AHQ (and the upcoming sims forum) is "GlacierSnowGhost".
  • Options
    I don't know. From my experience, it doesn't matter how much you talk to another sim, if you don't do the introduction socials they don't appear in the phone book. If you go to a bar and speak to a barista or another customer, they will not appear in the phone book. If you do the friendly, rude or flirty introduction they will show up in the acquaintances panel, even if that's the only thing you ever spoke to them.

No no I get what you're saying, but we definitely have done the greeting thing. In fact I regretted doing it before picking her as love interest because with a charisma of 10 an Enchanting Introduction (tm) would have made a third full romance bar right off the bat...
  • Options

No no I get what you're saying, but we definitely have done the greeting thing. In fact I regretted doing it before picking her as love interest because with a charisma of 10 an Enchanting Introduction (tm) would have made a third full romance bar right off the bat...

Did you look for her in the relationship panel? Maybe you can reach her from there.
  • Options
    edited April 2020

Did you look for her in the relationship panel? Maybe you can reach her from there.

Good idea. No I did not, but I resorted to go to her workplace (she's a gym trainer), wait for her to show up for work, add her to group, then go back home with her.
  • Options
    MagnezoneMagnezone Posts: 212 Member

That's not what this person is saying. They're saying there's a hard limit to how many sims show up in the phone book, and The Sims 4 doesn't order sims by relationship like other games. In The Sims 2, particularly, there was no hard limit, and the phone book had pages you could flip through instead.

That said, you can just invite sims via the relationship panel, but this does not work for social events.
    My blog full of things that never get finished!
    XVlamuQ.png
    Magnezone, the lover of Calientes, Lotharios, Landgraabs and Curiouses everywhere.
  • Options
    Magnezone wrote: »

That's not what this person is saying. They're saying there's a hard limit to how many sims show up in the phone book, and The Sims 4 doesn't order sims by relationship like other games. In The Sims 2, particularly, there was no hard limit, and the phone book had pages you could flip through instead.

That said, you can just invite sims via the relationship panel, but this does not work for social events.

THANK YOU. I don't know why I had such a hard time explaining that.
    Yes, there is a hard limit, and the game seems to just randomly pick Sims you know in the first panel. That means that if the Sim you want to invite doesn't fit into one of the other categories in the phone book and you're unlucky that she doesn't show up in the first panel you cannot find her.

So you have to figure out where she is (in my case it was easy, she was "my" gym trainer. She always showed up at the gym at 10am so I just went there and waited.
    But imagine if she is a "true" townie, aka still unemployed? Just travel from place to place hoping she shows up?
  • Options
    kwanzaabotkwanzaabot Posts: 2,440 Member
    Yeah, the "Sim Picker" menu is pretty limited. It needs an overhaul, and a name search option would be a great way to do it.

Would also be great for hiring specific Sims for restaurants/vet clinics/retail lots.
    wJbomAo.png