Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

So when do you think the Next Gamepack Announcent will be made?

Comments

• Options
    HayleeSimsHayleeSims Posts: 124 Member
    Really hoping that with no news it means they are taking their time with this pack. The last few packs ROM, IL and UNI have been some of the most empty and lackluster packs we've had. Maybe that was because they were released quickly with little time in between them. Whatever the reason I just want a good pack that is worth the money because it seems that the quality took a nose dive after 2018.
  • Options
    catloverplayercatloverplayer Posts: 93,395 Member
    HayleeSims wrote: »
    Really hoping that with no news it means they are taking their time with this pack. The last few packs ROM, IL and UNI have been some of the most empty and lackluster packs we've had. Maybe that was because they were released quickly with little time in between them. Whatever the reason I just want a good pack that is worth the money because it seems that the quality took a nose dive after 2018.

I found Island Living to be enjoyable.
  • Options
    alan650111alan650111 Posts: 3,295 Member

The only empty one of that list for me is Island Living.
  • Options
    SinaMegapolisSinaMegapolis Posts: 244 Member
    Really hoping that with no news it means they are taking their time with this pack. The last few packs ROM, IL, and UNI have been some of the most empty and lackluster packs we've had. Maybe that was because they were released quickly with little time in between them. Whatever the reason I just want a good pack that is worth the money because it seems that the quality took a nosedive after 2018.

I haven't played with IL and UNI but ROM isn't "empty"
    What it needs is simply some spells and potions to return from TS3 and TS2. + Some tweaks to the potions system to make them less OP
    and all of it can be done with mods

The foundation for the pack being full is there. It's just that the devs seem to have run out on the budget and time when working on the packs. Meaning we have EA to blame for the whole mess.

I'd like to think this is the same reason why other TS4 packs are "hollow". It's because EA has no idea what they're doing with the game
  • Options
    TS1299TS1299 Posts: 1,604 Member
    logion wrote: »
    Yeah, some updates sure would be nice.

Zt8dmF1.png
    I like that image. hahaha
  • Options
    TS1299TS1299 Posts: 1,604 Member
    Really hoping that with no news it means they are taking their time with this pack. The last few packs ROM, IL, and UNI have been some of the most empty and lackluster packs we've had. Maybe that was because they were released quickly with little time in between them. Whatever the reason I just want a good pack that is worth the money because it seems that the quality took a nosedive after 2018.

I haven't played with IL and UNI but ROM isn't "empty"
    What it needs is simply some spells and potions to return from TS3 and TS2. + Some tweaks to the potions system to make them less OP
    and all of it can be done with mods

The foundation for the pack being full is there. It's just that the devs seem to have run out on the budget and time when working on the packs. Meaning we have EA to blame for the whole mess.

I'd like to think this is the same reason why other TS4 packs are "hollow". It's because EA has no idea what they're doing with the game

I really think that the developers try to best to add the most engaging and deep experience in the packs(Vamps, Character Values, Celebrity, Magic, University and others). The problem is that all of those features that has depth cannot pull the game that has shallow Sims. No matter how good content they can add in the game if The Sims in 4 still don't have depth like the previous games, then it is not unavoidable to feel shallow with the recent packs. I mean while Realm of Magic is a great pack for example that has magic in it, no matter how good it is, in the end you will realize that you are playing a sim in The Sims 4 that have little to no personality.
  • Options
    mimilu04mimilu04 Posts: 83 Member
    edited March 2020
    _____
    Post edited by mimilu04 on
  • Options
    Olivesplum06Olivesplum06 Posts: 1,076 Member
    I know everyone is anxious to hear something.. but right now the world is in serious panic mode. It would look really tacky IMO to announce something like that right now. They’re keeping their employees safe and that’s what’s important. People are literally dying everyday from this, there’s plenty of underwhelming sims 4 packs for you guys to play while we wait for this all to cool down.
  • Options
    DaWaterRatDaWaterRat Posts: 3,355 Member
    Sigh.

I want everyone to be safe. I want people to take this physical distancing seriously. I have a good friend who may have it, but doesn't qualify for testing, so she's locked in her house with her elderly mom and her husband - and all three of them have serious health issues. But if I just sit here and worry about her, or my mom, or my aunt, or my stepmom, I'm going to go mad from worry - not to mention possibly ruining my own physical health as well as mental health.

I want a new pack to purchase because I have all the existing ones and I want to say "Thank you" to Maxis and the developers for providing a game I can use as a distraction from what's going on in the world.

The arts - including video games - are important. They shouldn't be forced to stop because the world is going mad and some think that frivolity in times like these are in poor taste. They should be encouraged and welcomed in times like these. Without artists, you wouldn't have music to listen to, books to read, or Netflix to binge while locked in your house for two weeks - or longer, if people don't start taking social distancing seriously.

So I'm willing to give Maxis as much time as they need to reassess and reshuffle their production schedule to accommodate the world as it is. I'm not going to stop speculating on what they're working on, or trying to guess when they can tell us. I'm just not going to be frustrated with their silence over it any more.
  • Options
    comicsforlifecomicsforlife Posts: 9,585 Member
    DaWaterRat wrote: »
    Sigh.

I want everyone to be safe. I want people to take this physical distancing seriously. I have a good friend who may have it, but doesn't qualify for testing, so she's locked in her house with her elderly mom and her husband - and all three of them have serious health issues. But if I just sit here and worry about her, or my mom, or my aunt, or my stepmom, I'm going to go mad from worry - not to mention possibly ruining my own physical health as well as mental health.

I want a new pack to purchase because I have all the existing ones and I want to say "Thank you" to Maxis and the developers for providing a game I can use as a distraction from what's going on in the world.

The arts - including video games - are important. They shouldn't be forced to stop because the world is going mad and some think that frivolity in times like these are in poor taste. They should be encouraged and welcomed in times like these. Without artists, you wouldn't have music to listen to, books to read, or Netflix to binge while locked in your house for two weeks - or longer, if people don't start taking social distancing seriously.

So I'm willing to give Maxis as much time as they need to reassess and reshuffle their production schedule to accommodate the world as it is. I'm not going to stop speculating on what they're working on, or trying to guess when they can tell us. I'm just not going to be frustrated with their silence over it any more.

I agree with you and I look forward to news even if it takes them a month or two to put a pack
    more for sim kids and more drama please
  • Options
    AlveAlve Posts: 101 Member
    I know everyone is anxious to hear something.. but right now the world is in serious panic mode. It would look really tacky IMO to announce something like that right now. They’re keeping their employees safe and that’s what’s important. People are literally dying everyday from this, there’s plenty of underwhelming sims 4 packs for you guys to play while we wait for this all to cool down.

I don't agree. The whole world and his mother is trying to cheer people up with distraction: online concerts, people doing webinars, sharing videos, etc etc. Of course you can think it's tacky, but I'm sick with corona now and my go-to thing when I'm sick has always been playing the sims, I would love if not a new pack, just some news! :)
  • Options
    keekee53keekee53 Posts: 4,328 Member
    edited March 2020
    Alve wrote: »

I don't agree. The whole world and his mother is trying to cheer people up with distraction: online concerts, people doing webinars, sharing videos, etc etc. Of course you can think it's tacky, but I'm sick with corona now and my go-to thing when I'm sick has always been playing the sims, I would love if not a new pack, just some news! :)

EXACTLY!! and feel better :'(
  • Options
    slamondaslamonda Posts: 1,357 Member
    do you think there working on anything the way everything is shut down
  • Options
    slamonda wrote: »
    do you think there working on anything the way everything is shut down

Yes their still working from home.
  • Options
    DaWaterRatDaWaterRat Posts: 3,355 Member
    Whelp, while I'm still looking forward to whatever the new pack may be, my Roll20 game just took priority in my mad money for this month when I realized I didn't have a resource I need. So, yeah, Maxis, take your time... Announce in early April, release in mid/late sounds good to me now. :)
  • Options
    I'm so hoping it will be Resorts as our next Gamepack. That way I can place one in Sulani.
  • Options
    IrishSimmer21IrishSimmer21 Posts: 464 Member
    Is it possible that we might not get any packs at all this year because of the virus? I assume EA employees are at home and can't really work on computer games now.
  • Options
    Is it possible that we might not get any packs at all this year because of the virus? I assume EA employees are at home and can't really work on computer games now.

Nope. Worst-case scenario We will get the packs that were in the last stages of production before COVID happened.

Even then I don't think video game dev is something that can't be done at home. It's just that it takes a while to adjust to working from home. So we will definitely have delays but not for the whole year.
  • Options
    SilentKittySilentKitty Posts: 4,665 Member
    Hmm....

Island Living, RoM and University were really good for me. Currently on a little break from the sims, playing Mass Effect Andromeda yet again but I look forward to buying Tiny Living when I get back. Will swing by again and see how things are going in a few weeks.
  • Options
    IrishSimmer21IrishSimmer21 Posts: 464 Member
    edited March 2020

Nope. Worst-case scenario We will get the packs that were in the last stages of production before COVID happened.

Even then I don't think video game dev is something that can't be done at home. It's just that it takes a while to adjust to working from home. So we will definitely have delays but not for the whole year.

Thanks. I didn’t realise video game dev can be done at home.
    Post edited by IrishSimmer21 on
  • Options
    This person thinks we might get a teaser today. Maybe he knows something we don't.
  • Options
    This person thinks we might get a teaser today. Maybe he knows something we don't.

A teaser today and a trailer tomorrow?
    I mean it would be an unexpected twist but i think it's just wishful thinking
  • Options
    KaeChan2089KaeChan2089 Posts: 4,944 Member

Maybe this person is like MANY of us, eager for news and tired of waiting?
  • Options
    GordyGordy Posts: 3,022 Member
    Yeah. No offense to this person, but they seem to be some random person on Twitter. They don't seem to have any ties to EA, enough clout to get insider information, and as far as I know, I don't think they have any history of leaking stuff. (Maybe I'm wrong, though.) So they're likely just someone who's being hopeful.
    TS1_dragons_hatching.jpg
    The Sims 4 hasn't introduced a new musical instrument since 2017
  • Options
    SimTrippySimTrippy Posts: 7,651 Member
    Oh look. Another update about nothing.

*watches paint dry*