Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

I can only install 1 expansions pack at any one time with Windows 10

Dida_QuickswitchDida_Quickswitch Posts: 290 Member

Ok, so my PC crashed, I got it fixed, but he couldn't restore my windows 7 and against my will I got windows 10 instead. I fricking hate it and I can't find anything on it, but the bugs are worse. First it can't find the files VCRUNTIME140.dll and MSVCP140.dll wich means I can't install origin and sims 3 and 4. (I later got help to get this thing fixed and I now got Origin and the games there)

But before that I figured I still got the CDs for the sims 2 where I got all expansion, but no stuff packs. So I install the base game and that works fine. I install University, not so fine, it stops when I get told to put in CD4 from the base game and it's automatically uninstalled again. After trying 2 more times I search the internet. They tell me to download an installer from Grumpyloader and install the correct patch via that one instead of inserting the base game CD4. So I do that, open the game to check and voila, I got the game working with university, I'm so happy. It's an annoying way to do things, but at least it works. So Install Nightlife, works fine, business life have some problems with not recognizing the right patch, so it won't install, but I figure it shouldn't be a problem. since I will be installing more games and patches anyway so I install Bon voyage and that works perfectly. When I go on to install season, there is problems again. The computer insist some system administrator have blocked my access and won't let me install it. So I try and install as an administrator, no go. So I search online and go to some digit exe or something and add access to all as instructed, but that doesn't help at all, so I go searching again, and manage to get a guide to enable a "net user administrator". I log on and now it finally works. So I install the last 2 expansions and patches.

And finally what I expected to take 30 min have taken me 4 hours, but finally I'm done. And I load up the game. The game loads fine, it's apartment life and all, but that is the only thing. All other expansions have somehow been uninstalled. The earlier screaming and cursing at the screen resumes for a while, while I decide to try one more time. Still in the net user administrator account, I install the 3 first expansions with patches, all with windows xp server pack 2 comp ability. but to no avail. I load it up, it now loads up with "open for business", but without university and night life.

So this is a LOONG post, but mainly so I don't get advice's on trying things I already did.
But how do I get the sims 2 to install with ALL expansions? I don't want to pick only 1, I paid for all of them.

Comments