Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Is the game still enjoyable for you?

FurSimsOfficialFurSimsOfficial Posts: 2,362 Member
I barely see much activity here on the forum regarding to the fun of playing this game.
I also am stuck in many of my stories due to a lot of disturbing bugs that have not been addressed for some months now. Such as broken careers, building glitches etc.
How is it going for you? Still enjoying your game even though we got no patches, no bug fixes, no news, nothing.

Please keep off-topic chats out of the discussion, thank you!

* Edited, cause I type too fast without checking :D
Post edited by FurSimsOfficial on

Comments

• Options
    KimmerKimmer Posts: 2,383 Member
    I've always enjoyed this game, nothing's changed. I just wish I had more time to play and less problems with my eyesight.
    I do think it's strange, though, that we haven't had any news and no patch. My game is completely vanilla and it's very buggy, my Sims are randomly teleporting back and forth etc. It's the only thing that bothers me right now.
  • Options
    KathykinsKathykins Posts: 1,883 Member
    4300+ hours and its still enjoyable to me, even though there are loads of bugs that bother me, and plenty of other annoyances. Some bugs I can avoid, and the game is playable. Most annoyances I can mod away (like the obsession with getting water or shoveling snow), so the game is less frustrating. Like in TS3, mods are a necessity, not purely optional. My opinion, anyway.

Must mention I don't do actual stories. I very much control my sims, but I don't direct them according to some pre-defined story. That's something I've never done. What happens in game just happens.

I barely notice when we DO get news, so the quiet doesn't bother me. I don't follow them on Twitter, FB or whereever else they post stuff. Would be very nice to have some bug fixes, though. Its very much needed.
  • Options
    texxx78texxx78 Posts: 5,657 Member
    First coment, as i'm typing, and i don't want to be that person, but no, im not having fun with sims 4. I have the game installed plus the almost 20 packs i own but im not playing this iteration atm.

The reasons for me are the lack of personality of the sims, the lack of bad stuff to happen to my sims and the lack of unpredictable stuff.

I've given up waiting for this to get better. I used to get excited with new content, expecting somehow that this would improve the game, but it hasn't. So im already almost a year without buying any pack and i don't intend to do it in the future.

Im playing the sims though. Just not the sims 4.
  • Options
    StutumStutum Posts: 1,146 Member
    I definitely enjoy this game. Sure, there are certain glitches and flaws that can be annoying, but it's not enough for me to keep me from enjoying the game.
  • Options
    PenguinFoopPenguinFoop Posts: 1,582 Member
    Yes, the game is very enjoyable to me. There are of course things I miss from Sims 3 but this is NOT Sims 3. As far as this game goes, I enjoy it a lot. When I first downloaded it, I played it once because I did not like it at all. It sat on my console for a few months then one day I decided to play it again and now it's the only game I play.

Once I got over the fact that this is not Sims 3, I liked it. Now, I love it. There are a lot more freedoms in build mode though I still miss the pattern swatches and such. I also wish I could build my own custom fishing holes but that's not in this game so I got over it, for the most part. I love the variety of careers, the range of activities and general playability of the game.

As for glitches and whatnot, I've only run into a couple and I'm still waiting for an answer to my solution for one but don't know when/if it will happen. I hope so because if it's not doable, I'd like to know it's not. Other than that though, the game has been great.

As for patches, bugs, news and so on, it seems to me that I've had several updates to my game since I originally installed it. And I also seem to remember reading "news" posts and announcements here and there. I don't remember where though since I rarely check that. If I think the game is good, I feel little need to check the news. That's just how I am though. As for bugs, well bugs happen and I do hope they get them fixed.

So to rate this game I give it 4 stars out of 5.

P.S. I'm guessing you mean "Please keep off-topic chats out of the discussion..."
  • Options
    HermitgirlHermitgirl Posts: 8,825 Member
    I'm having fun with it. I take breaks when I'm not though and sometimes I get interested in another game for awhile. Then I cycle back around to the sims and it's lol like coming home. Corny I know but whatever.

In my game right now I'm trying to do things I missed or haven't explored yet and there is so much of that. Like today I was playing a spellcaster cause it's hard for me to not play this occult now. Anyway, he doesn't have much money yet. I moved him into a tiny lot with lots of tiny rooms for roomates (haven't touched the roomate system before) and started moving them in. He'll make money on rent while he builds up a friends/romance list at home while trying to avoid getting caught (Serial Romance Aspiration). He's still got lots of skills to learn so I figured moving into a tiny lot gives that boost to all skills is great for him. He might be using all the spells/potions he's learning to his advantage also..... He worked up to a pristine reputation and when he gets job offers by phone I'm starting to snap them up if it's something I never got far in.. because I want him to finish the Renaissance Sim aspiration because I haven't completed it in very long time.
    My favorite way to play the sims is to tell stories to myself usually but I'm not feeling very creative recently (that's usually the reason I don't play) so I'm just enjoying things I haven't explored for a long time or ever.

I haven't run into a bug or glitch with the way I'm playing so far, or if I have I haven't noticed it so it hasn't affected my gameplay. I think the only thing I'm noticing is the space is so cramped that routing can look funky now and then... but I kind of expected that and it doesn't bug me.
    egTcBMc.png
  • Options
    annaliese39annaliese39 Posts: 2,797 Member
    edited March 2020
    I'm still enjoying TS4! Although there is a lot I would still like to see added, fixed and improved on, I think it has come a long way since release and I hope it continues to develop for a long time. Honestly, it is a perfect distraction for me right now. My sim is currently on holiday in Selvadorada and I am really enjoying escaping there with him.
  • Options
    fiercephoenix91fiercephoenix91 Posts: 175 Member
    I just started playing Sims 4 again after some months of not doing so. Still enjoy it. Not as many hours straight of playing, but still like the game. Would be nice to have more news about upcoming things, but given the worlds current state... not surprised any news would be pretty delayed. All in all, I never NOT enjoy Sims 4. I just take breaks for months at a time sometimes.
  • Options
    xstxrrysequencexstxrrysequence Posts: 3,194 Member
    edited March 2020
    Still enjoying it, even though it’s been a few years since I started playing.

If it weren’t for CC & mods, I’d honestly would’ve gotten bored after a few months.
    image0.gif
    Do you like games that involve strategy? Do you like solving a mystery?
    Come try a Mafia Game!
  • Options
    HopeyStarrHopeyStarr Posts: 1,276 Member
    If it weren’t for CC & mods, I’d honestly would’ve gotten bored after a few months.

This very sentiment, although I didn't start using mods/cc until after a year of playing vanilla. And that year was super eventful and exciting for me anyways because I was new to the mainstream sims games.

Now I don't think I could go back to vanilla without frustration due to the numerous bugs and because I value quality of life enhancements that mods bring.
    R5PO75w.gif?1
    *:.。."It's great being ((Queen Bee))!".。.:*
    ★・・・・・・★・・・・・・★・・・・・・★
    ✧ :-"As long as I continue to believe then one day my ((dreams)) really will come true."✧ :-
  • Options
    calaprfycalaprfy Posts: 3,927 Member
    I still enjoy the game but do take a break once there is a bug that really affects my gameplay.

I'm not having the fun I thought I would with roomates however. One cries in bed, the other plays the violin and neither speaks to my sim.
  • Options
    BabykittyjadeBabykittyjade Posts: 4,975 Member
    edited March 2020
    Yep I'm still having fun. Sometimes I'm all about stories and poses and sometimes I play live mode but either way I've been having loads of fun actually. So many things I still have left to do and explore. No major bugs for me. But I don't get bored easily with much if anything😁

What's been bothering me more than anything lately is the joker smiles. I even tried shimrod less smiling mod and it didn't work. I believe it was even the cause of glitches. I'm extremely tired of their smiles when it goes against their stories but nothing I can do for now.😡
    Zombies, oh please oh please give us zombies!! :'(
  • Options
    GordyGordy Posts: 3,022 Member
    Meh. I'll play here and there, but I only really play whenever I get a new pack I want to test out, or when I feel like building. Otherwise, I'll play for a couple of days and not touch it for a while. Nothing really has staying power in this game.
    TS1_dragons_hatching.jpg
    The Sims 4 hasn't introduced a new musical instrument since 2017
  • Options
    Huiiie_07Huiiie_07 Posts: 1,200 Member
    edited March 2020
    Well I used to play much more than I do now, mostly because it gets repetitive after a while. One of the biggest problems this game has is its lack of replayability. I've played hours and hours of TS3 in the past week and see myself still being invested in it despite owning the game since 2011. All these years of playing, yet I still find new things to do. In TS4, I buy a new pack and feel like I've tried everything there is to it after just a few hours. I haven't bought any packs since Realm of Magic came out. I'll still wanna get Discover University, but as for all the stuff packs that came out, they just seem like huge cash grabs and simply not worth it.

As for me, I currently see TS3 funnier in terms of gameplay, while I enjoy TS4 for building.
    Post edited by Huiiie_07 on
    Origin ID: Huiiie_07

I like to build stuff
  • Options
    Becka28Becka28 Posts: 1,870 Member
    I have a lot of fun playing this game. I vary my play style and have many different saves so that if something doesn't interest me I switch to another style.

I also enjoy building and love the different challenges available in the build threads.

When I am stale I play and read and do other things and inspiration comes flooding back.
  • Options
    RebbilinaRebbilina Posts: 377 Member
    I still love it. To me, the storylines I come up with and play out are the most important thing. When I don't feel like playing, I just don't play. Either I play other games that I feel more like playing or I do something entirely different. If you force yourself to play a game that isn't fun for you at the moment, it's not going to make you enjoy the game more.
  • Options
    AnnLee87AnnLee87 Posts: 2,475 Member
    I still have fun because I added CC and mods! Only playing on weekends now. I admit that I am exploring other games during the week. I am waiting with anticipation for new content. Almost 4000 hours played since release. I can't play with the same old aspirations and careers anymore. That's where cc and mods come in. I have been playing The Sims since 2002. For me all the other games run their course with my attention. Hopefully the new stuff pack will keep my attention until the new expansion comes out. I am almost getting excited for The Sims 5 if I choose to believe the speculation.
  • Options
    EnkiSchmidtEnkiSchmidt Posts: 5,343 Member
    A tentative yes from me. As long as my critical mods are okay I'm having fun, without them probably not so much, because most of my annoyances stem from conscious design choices rather than from bugs. Routing is (and always was) a bit odd, too, especially with bikes.

At the moment the worst bugs that affect me are Active sims getting tense from playing with the soccer ball, sims resetting/t-posing when getting talked to (mostly the co-workers at the police station, not my actively played sim) and bowling getting interrupted by chatting attempts from other sims. "The worst" as in: the ones most noticeable because they come up the most.
  • Options
    bella_gothbella_goth Posts: 1,770 Member
    edited November 2020
    Deleted
    Post edited by bella_goth on
  • Options
    SharoniaSharonia Posts: 4,853 Member
    I'm still enjoying it lots. I haven't had as much time to play lately though with having the flu or something and now today Animal Crossing New Horizons released.
  • Options
    Colton147147Colton147147 Posts: 10,454 Member
    The Sims 4 will always remain one of the best Sims games ever. o:)
    Your Justine Keaton Enthusiast and the Voice of the Sims Community.
  • Options
    alyssa123alyssa123 Posts: 323 Member
    i wouldn't be here if i didn't enjoy it
    when gravity falls and the earth becomes sky, fear the beast with just one eye
  • Options
    CK213CK213 Posts: 20,529 Member
    My interest in it is falling off.
    I started playing again as I was experimenting with the Slice of Life and Meaningful stories mods, but I decided to load up The Sims 3 and I am so hooked on it right now. I haven't played TS3 since June of last year.
    The%20Goths.png?width=1920&height=1080&fit=bounds
  • Options
    SindocatSindocat Posts: 5,622 Member
    Loads of fun! I pace myself on content, and still have stuff to do in my last two packs (Realm of Magic, Discover University), but the current sale persuaded me to grab Island Living, which I have had my eyes on for a while. For once, I don't have a new Young Adult to move from my legacy into Sulani, so I used Story Mode to create my exploration Sim.

So Eloy is adrift from my established story line, and I don't know him as well - but that is typical with exploration Sims and, when the times comes in my Legacy save, I'll know Sulani well enough to know which Sims to move there. For now, I am enjoying the literal change of scenery, a smaller house again, and all the new BB and CAS assets, as well as the Conservationist career.
  • Options
    JackOnYourBackJackOnYourBack Posts: 1,261 Member
    I've gotten so tired of the bugs and glitches I've encountered that I'm compiling a list to ease my annoyance.
    Gallery ID: JackOnYourBack