Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

The grand sequel to: "The first one to page 100 wins!"

Comments

• Options
    simspeaker4simspeaker4 Posts: 5,999 Member
    My aunt works for the Manhattan-Ogden school district in Kansas as a bus driver. All of the schools are closed until March 30!

The ENTIRE state of Virginia has closed all of their schools (K-12th grade) for 2 weeks as well.

Whole world has gone mad!

One more week to go for the kids in Manitoba. Then they get three weeks off instead of one for spring break. We the staff still have to be there, of course.
    I am a perfectly decrepit withered old hag who enjoys self-mockery.

Need help falling asleep? http://wry7000.blogspot.com/
  • Options
    mintycupcakemintycupcake Posts: 13,212 Member
    Lyoufln wrote: »
    I need to go to Costco, but I am afraid of the panic shoppers.

That's fair. I went to the pharmacy (they have special weekend sales) and it was bananas. People had baskets and cartfulls of stuff. I bought a thing of cheese and a carton of eggs. Was gonna buy butter but they were all out (only unsalted left, and life's too short for unsalted butter). I went to the grocery store to pick up some vegetables and it was surprisingly calm.

I got to Costco before they usually opened and they'd apparently opened early. So it wasn't too bad initially. But by the time it was actually opening time, it was starting to get crowded. I wasn't able to get a lot of the stuff I wanted and I'm a little concerned (and irritated) because I've been encouraging my dad to inventory his food and stock up and he didn't, and all the things he wanted were sold out.

Also, there weren't any bananas, for some weird reason. 🤔
    🌻I'm not a cat.🌻
  • Options
    pristinesimpristinesim Posts: 27 Member
    Here everything was available, except for flour and yeast. People really wanna bake now.
  • Options
    BrokenWheelsBrokenWheels Posts: 579 Member
    Man you can find covid-19 memes everywhere...
    rawr rawr origin id: mwood7683
    tenor.gif?itemid=5566087
  • Options
    simspeaker4simspeaker4 Posts: 5,999 Member
    You can find memes for all kinds of things.
    I am a perfectly decrepit withered old hag who enjoys self-mockery.

Need help falling asleep? http://wry7000.blogspot.com/
  • Options
    LyricSimsz15LyricSimsz15 Posts: 13,136 Member
    I have no idea if there's even any panic shoppers here. There hasn'tb een cases in my county so maybe not yet but i wouldn't be surprised.
    pN7cZBV.gif
    Just vibing...
    Check out my stories The Diversity Club and Lost Pride here on the forums!
  • Options
    edited March 2020
    Actually, the really interesting thing was despite being crowded and everyone had big cartfuls of 10 pies and a flat of toilet paper, everyone was being way more polite than usual.
    🌻I'm not a cat.🌻
  • Options
    DeKayDeKay Posts: 81,602 Member

That's fair. I went to the pharmacy (they have special weekend sales) and it was bananas. People had baskets and cartfulls of stuff. I bought a thing of cheese and a carton of eggs. Was gonna buy butter but they were all out (only unsalted left, and life's too short for unsalted butter). I went to the grocery store to pick up some vegetables and it was surprisingly calm.

I got to Costco before they usually opened and they'd apparently opened early. So it wasn't too bad initially. But by the time it was actually opening time, it was starting to get crowded. I wasn't able to get a lot of the stuff I wanted and I'm a little concerned (and irritated) because I've been encouraging my dad to inventory his food and stock up and he didn't, and all the things he wanted were sold out.

Cuz I stole all the bananas to help my headache. 😂
    My Top Song of the Day: Innocence by Avril Lavigne
    x3vZicL.gif
  • Options
    DeKay wrote: »

Cuz I stole all the bananas to help my headache. 😂

Gasp! Mr. Bananagrabber!

source.gif
    🌻I'm not a cat.🌻
  • Options
    I have to paint roses. RIP.
    X1S8Fkx.jpg
    x3vZicL.gif
  • Options
    MMXMMX Posts: 4,428 Member
    Remember to keep your hands clean and to yourselves.
    ETGFbYYXkAIKfPh.jpg
  • Options
    BrokenWheelsBrokenWheels Posts: 579 Member
    I have to paint roses. RIP.
    X1S8Fkx.jpg

good luck with that
    rawr rawr origin id: mwood7683
    tenor.gif?itemid=5566087
  • Options
    MMX wrote: »
    ETGFbYYXkAIKfPh.jpg

I still don't understand why people keep on asking us to wash our hands. I think wearing a mask is more effective. Having cleaned hands won't protect your nose from breathing in the virus when someone sneezes near you. 😬
    x3vZicL.gif
  • Options
    🌻I'm not a cat.🌻
  • Options
    LyouflnLyoufln Posts: 10,861 Member
    ETGFbYYXkAIKfPh.jpg

I still don't understand why people keep on asking us to wash our hands. I think wearing a mask is more effective. Having cleaned hands won't protect your nose from breathing in the virus when someone sneezes near you. 😬

I mean, having clean hands is better than dirty. And there’s not enough masks to go around. N95s are I think the only good masks at protecting against COVID-19. Do to people being terrible and hoarding things they don’t actually need, the N95s are now scarce. Doctors, nurses, and other medical professionals need them for doing their jobs safely.

I’ve even heard some masks construction workers use are being bought up and hoarded. They aren’t effective for protecting against the virus!

There aren’t any masks left for purchase here, nor any hand sanitizer. It’s crazy.
  • Options
    Dang it, I'd thought of questions for several more nights and was going to continue, but now I forget what they were. Hang on...
    🌻I'm not a cat.🌻
  • Options
    Dang it, I'd thought of questions for several more nights and was going to continue, but now I forget what they were. Hang on...

QotD: If you won the lottery, what would you do to occupy your time?

I'd start a cat rescue 🐈
    🌻I'm not a cat.🌻
  • Options
    edited March 2020
    ETGFbYYXkAIKfPh.jpg

I mean, having clean hands is better than dirty. And there’s not enough masks to go around. N95s are I think the only good masks at protecting against COVID-19. Do to people being terrible and hoarding things they don’t actually need, the N95s are now scarce. Doctors, nurses, and other medical professionals need them for doing their jobs safely.

I’ve even heard some masks construction workers use are being bought up and hoarded. They aren’t effective for protecting against the virus!

There aren’t any masks left for purchase here, nor any hand sanitizer. It’s crazy.

I thought you guys in western countries don't use masks right now. 😂
    I use the N95 in my house that time I had to clean my room cuz I'm allergic to dust. 😂 But I don't wear a mask when I go out. I hate that mask tho. It was so hard and somehow I managed to get a nasty cut on my inner lip from it cuz it was too tight.

I don't see a lot of Singaporeans wearing masks here too nowadays. I think we ran out and we just don't care anymore. 🤔😬

QotD: If you won the lottery, what would you do to occupy your time?

I'd start a cat rescue 🐈

I have no idea. I'll still do something music related, I guess.
    x3vZicL.gif
  • Options
    So there's a minty cupcake picture in Tiny Living.
    🌻I'm not a cat.🌻
  • Options

😱😱
    x3vZicL.gif
  • Options

😱😱

I'm not saying that I'm somebody's favorite, but between this and the cat named Queen Cupcake, I'm somebody's favorite.
    🌻I'm not a cat.🌻
  • Options
    TheRoseHorseTheRoseHorse Posts: 7,300 Member
    QotD: What's something you want to learn in the next few months?
    ______________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

I want to learn how to garden, especially veggie gardening.

Uh.....how to get stuff done and stop procrastinating.
    Even the Most Beautiful Rose has been through the Dirt
  • Options
    I know I'm late to the party but I'm on board with Harry Styles.

Harry-Styles-1.jpg
    🌻I'm not a cat.🌻
  • Options
    edited March 2020

😱😱

I'm not saying that I'm somebody's favorite, but between this and the cat named Queen Cupcake, I'm somebody's favorite.

The EA mods are spying on us for sure.
    QotD: What's something you want to learn in the next few months?
    ______________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

I want to learn how to garden, especially veggie gardening.

Uh.....how to get stuff done and stop procrastinating.

That's easy. You just make a vow that you won't get whatever that is that you want at the end (set some type of goal or prize for yourself), until you finish the task at hand. The hard part is that you can't cheat and also give yourself the 'prize' before you finish the task. If you don't have good self control, then get someone to help inform you/remind you or keep the prize from you, etc.

I like to use this method cuz I like challenging myself and make it like a game. :)
    x3vZicL.gif
  • Options
    Raider9144Raider9144 Posts: 4 New Member
    People keep denying that bats could be a possible cause of COVID-19. Bat soup is a possibility, don't rule it out, lol.

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file
Return to top