Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

TS2 say to reinstall Base game...please help

AviendaTristynAviendaTristyn Posts: 843 Member
I have had TS2 downloaded onto a thumb drive for many years now and have always been able to insert the thumb drive into my computer and then load up the game and everything is great and worked fine,but today when I got on to play I see a message pop up that reads "reinstall the base game,game not installed or some files missing" If anyone has an answer as to how I can fix this problem I would greatly appreciate it.

Comments

• Options
    CinebarCinebar Posts: 33,618 Member
    edited March 2020
    Updates to your video card or hardware changed lately? If you were using discs installed on the machine I would tell you this is an old error from the BV EP causing the TS2 Launcher not to see the game or EPs. But don't know since you have the .Exe on a thumbdrive. Or do you mean the games are installed into pc but your saves are on thumbdrive?

Here is a wild idea. Before you start the pc, have the thumbdrive attached then start (turn on) the pc, or restart while thumbdrive is installed. Maybe that might work, but sort of doubt it.
    "Games Are Not The Place To Tell Stories, Games Are Meant To Let People Tell Their Own Stories"...Will Wright.