Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Anyway to fix this without rebuilding?

IceeyIceey Posts: 148 Member
edited March 2020 in The Sims 2
This happens from time to time and forces me to re-arrange the whole room layout which sometimes isn't adequate. Anyway to fix it without demolishing the lot? I've had this lot for 2 years, demolished it and put it back once and this issue just started for this certain lot but it has happened in the past with other lots. I really hope there is a way to fix this without demolishing. Issue includes, Item shows tiles in grid but the object isn't in the actual tile, item moves to the corner of tile grid or becomes vertical or both. The floor there is not vertical, and so far it has happened in 3 houses and I was hoping batbox would have an option to fix it but I didn't find any.

https://imgur.com/SMgRwfd

SMgRwfd.png

Link updated
Post edited by Iceey on

Comments

• Options
    Coley666Coley666 Posts: 119 Member
    Replacing the flowers with 🐸🐸🐸🐸 still doesn't fix the link sorry
    Sims Builder - Coley666
    jWIA95z.png
  • Options
    and that would be "m" and "f" with no spaces and no speech marks...
    Sims Builder - Coley666
    jWIA95z.png
  • Options
    Ok, I've got on it now sorry didn't realise it was case sensitive. After spamming you however, I can't help! So sorry!
    Sims Builder - Coley666
    jWIA95z.png
  • Options
    Rflong7Rflong7 Posts: 36,588 Member
    Will you change the name so we can see it?
  • Options
    edited March 2020
    @Rflong7 I updated the link:

https://imgur.com/SMgRwfd

It's a common "glitch" for me, where either it shows the item as being in a tile but technically it isn't on the tile. Or it does that weird vertical thing, or the item is on the corner of the grid. I couldn't access my crib in there.
  • Options
    @Coley666 it's ok, even the internet seems to know nothing about this :|
  • Options
    CinebarCinebar Posts: 33,618 Member
    I can't see your image even with a corrected link. There is nothing on it only to post the next picture and what's trending etc.
    "Games Are Not The Place To Tell Stories, Games Are Meant To Let People Tell Their Own Stories"...Will Wright.
  • Options
    finally I think I fixed it. I've never had an issue with posting here but now you should be able to see the actual screenshot in my first comment since I added a img link after much trouble.
  • Options
    You shouldn't be able to put the bear there so, do you have mods which allow placements? I can't see the crib to see why she can't get there. :(

Is the bear the problem?
  • Options
    BoergeAarg61BoergeAarg61 Posts: 955 Member
    No idea. Put the bear or child somewhere else.

I haven't played Sims 2 for years, but am pretty sure the standard sims procedure worked with Sims 2, too:
    Make the sim in question go to the edge of the lot one step at a time. As long as the way is blocked, attempt to go one step or so towards the block to figure out where it is exactly.

You might also move the table to reach the teddy bear. The "move objects" cheat works in Sims 2, too.
  • Options
    edited March 2020
    Moveobjects on is on. Even if the drawing table isnt there its the same. All furniture
  • Options
    Is there space to put the bear with moo?
  • Options
    I'll show you more examples once I get the time. Since throughout my years of playing I've encountered this glitch multiple times and I find it hard to believe no one else has
  • Options
    This one is on another lot

8g4qlFo.png

These 2 are in the same lot located in an apartment complex

7KYoZck.png

1yNz26t.png
  • Options
    I guess since no one is responding anymore we can officially mark this as unsolved. Thanks for the help!
  • Options
    edited March 2020
    Some of your stuff is custom content.(Desk?) Which are sometimes not a desk at all, but something else textured to look and or behave like a desk but one end may be invisible which you may see Sims try to put something on the other end (invisible) and it's taking up two tiles because it's possible it is custom content. I'm almost positive you have something in your downloads causing this if you have any object cc. It also looks like you have the cheat turned on to set things off the grid (not that particular cheat) but another which lets you set things like a quarter over etc. instead of exactly on the grid mark for normal play. The other cheat I speak of is found under Help. All objects need a space to be able to reach them, sometimes some things need two spaces in front of them to space things so Sims can use them. I see you used MOO to make a point, however, I'm almost sure this is caused by cc (something in downloads) and or an activated cheat.

ETA: If the chair doesn't fit in front of a desk then it's a cheat or bad cc in your downloads which is messing up either desks and or chairs. I don't recall that desk in the game, so is that cc? ETA: Did you use cheat to put that ball mit on an angle, perhaps it's your cheats and you need to stop using them if you don't expect some weird occurances. Just sayin' :) Or have you forgotten to turn them off such as 45degreeangle cheat? You know that makes other stuff even if not turned at an angle to mess up, too. You have to use this sparingly. ETA: I don't know what original complaint there was only the pics you have provided and it now is clear it's cheat problems on those lots in the pics I can see. Don't leave them on and and yes they will mess up the game. I run into this when I'm not paying attention to how many spaces things need and what direction and or if other things (like an overhead light or side wall light is blocking) Best advice turn off cheats when building and decorating it's clear the cheats caused all these problems.

ETA: Finally got to see first pic. What did you place there in front of the cc craft table? It's at an angle, you used a cheat no doubt. Move out and back in and redecorate without cheats next time. stop using moo, and 45degreangle cheats and or grid cheats until it's understood and close attention to what is done, and where it's placed. Sims need one or two spaces infront of almost everything (most things ) to use them or get around them. Two spaces at front doors to get into house, one will make them scream they can't get in, two or more at top of stairs, or they will scream they can't go up them, two or more in front of most indoor doors, and one or more in front of paintings etc. to view, and the first picture clearly shows something there that is blocking that craft table (cc) and maybe it's the problem if you don't remember what else you placed on the wall and or near there or whatever while cheats were on. ETA: Oh, it's the bear, sorry for the long lecture but you are causing these problems yourself. The normal vanilla game doesn't behave this way. Sims will set things at an angle sometimes, that's why you can't place things in such small corners and pick it up and move it. However, if it's still at angle then turn off cheats. Too much stuff in a room that doesn't give them enough space to use things is also part of the problem.

Where you placed the potty seat with moo won't work because you should put it in a spot where the parent can move to the semi side and stand to wait for the child to learn or use it. It should have more space around it than that. The commode and potty seats in TS2 can not be used when direclty next to a wall (side) and or not enough space in front of them (potty) for the parent to stand or the toddler to turn around and sit down. This game needs more spaces than TS4. Because it was built so Sims would not clip into objects. Objects Sims may set down at an angle, the bear, toddler toys, or toys etc. It's a common thing ,however, in my experience picking up the bear and moving it to a normal space will cause it to go back to normal but cheats have too be off. ETA: Pets will cause their bowl to turn at an angle, you have to learn to turn it back to a straight position or move it. It's a thing in TS2, yes, and sometimes annoying, but the collision markers are not removed in TS2 like they were in TS4, it's why Sims won't walk through objects (sometimes cc they will) or use them because there are those blockers to make them not collide. But yes a child will put the toys and bear at angles and why when you play, cheats need to remain off. Such as moo, grid cheats and angle cheats so you can pick it up and put it back then turn off.

ETA: One last thing, I promise, lol, sorry not trying to lecture you. If you save a lot with an activated cheat still on did you know you can still use that cheat (though cheats won't be on) when you place it again? Like the 45degreeangle cheat. It would still be activated and could still place chairs etc. at an angle perhaps that is also part of anyone's problem when they don't know why things are going at an angle (maybe they forgot they saved and put in bin while on). But the bear placed by a child at an angle should go back to normal when you have all cheats off and it's cliping into that cc craft table, so yeah, some of the issues may also be collision markers removed from some cc when cheats are on, too.
    Post edited by Cinebar on
    "Games Are Not The Place To Tell Stories, Games Are Meant To Let People Tell Their Own Stories"...Will Wright.
  • Options
    edited March 2020
    Ok hi again. I went ingame and tested some things and I think I may know what caused it but it aint fixable without demolishing for sure so that's a bummer. As to adress your cheats opinion @Cinebar , yes it was cheats but no it wasn't that half tile one or the 45 degree one(I have never used either because I can't be bothered). So I tested stuff in another house and I think this was a combination of a sim holding something and me resetting in the middle of it based on these images:

Moved this object to the sim via grid off, it turned like this
    4xv1dKh.png
    And moving it to the ground resulted in
    gPicIUh.png

So it was probably something along those lines. Who knows what I reset but I guess I will keep the house like that till the current owners die. Thanks for the help!
  • Options
    Hope it helped. And you are welcome.