Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Is your game Still Working after the Update? 1.8 PATCH

Comments

• Options
    hohojejehohojeje Posts: 12 New Member
    edited December 2009
    My game uninstalled it self after i updated it :x
  • Options
    roflmaoxsarahroflmaoxsarah Posts: 4,132 Member
    edited December 2009
    When I want to play Create A World, I have to download the patch and patches don't really mess up my game as it does to other people.
  • Options
    legletleglet Posts: 25 New Member
    edited December 2009
    Nope, the launcher crashes whenever I try to load the game. I'm getting really mad about it, especially since I'm getting World Adventures next week. It would be really nice if I was able to play it.
  • Options
    CrazycatldyCrazycatldy Posts: 4,588 Member
    edited December 2009
    My sound is messed up.
  • Options
    doodlesamdoodlesam Posts: 6,365 New Member
    edited December 2009
    Yes, It is working perfectly. If anything my games working better. :-)
    The only thing I'm upset about is that they still failed to incorperate V-Sync, :?

I guess I'm just one of the lucky ones, I have never had a problem with any of the patches or the expansion. I've had no side effect bugs...no crashes...and the launcher still works fine(Though I rarely use it) :)
  • Options
    retroryan1981retroryan1981 Posts: 171 Member
    edited December 2009
    I installed the patch (which took a couple of tries) and I was able to play it for one whole night. But now ever since I downloaded a CAW world I can't even get my game to start. I think I may have to try starting it from something else other than the launcher.
  • Options
    dk4ofjoshuayhyudk4ofjoshuayhyu Posts: 454 New Member
    edited December 2009
    My game works fine but not when I use the launcher to uninstall some of my cc's.
  • Options
    mdmwhitemdmwhite Posts: 1,750 Member
    edited December 2009
    My game is working much better. The only messed up thing is I can't upload anything from my launcher to my studio and many of my store items are missing.
  • Options
    georgingeorgin Posts: 256 Member
    edited December 2009
    It depends what you mean by "working". I managed to start the game after a few tries, but a lot of my custom content is missing and the launcher is all out of sorts, I can't install or uninstall content.
  • Options
    GillieGillie Posts: 1,708 Member
    edited December 2009
    My sound is messed up.

I have that too along with the launcher not closing properly. I can't even force it to close or do other related means without restarting my computer to get rid of it from the desktop.
  • Options
    zeroquestzeroquest Posts: 71
    edited December 2009
    well, I played sims all last nite now the site doesn't work on my computer and my display driver is malfunctioning any help?

• Options
    HaidenHaiden Posts: 3,841 Member
    edited December 2009
    After I patched my launcher was all whacked...and the EADM kept saying it could not find a internet conection, that was afew nights back, now the launcher is behaving and I can play, but my store bought itmes dont show, so my decor has changed to the default furnature that comes with the base game. The store items are in my launcher but I can do any thing with them
  • Options
    zeroquestzeroquest Posts: 71
    edited December 2009
    Ahah I think I fixed my game I just updated my computer now I might be able to play again.
  • Options
    purplereignpurplereign Posts: 111 Member
    edited December 2009
    :roll: Nope. The game runs fine, it's just that no custom content shows up, even EA crap custom content. Ya hear that, Gurus? When ya gonna fix it?
    After the new year? I'll be go to heck if I'm gonna edit my files just to run EA Craptastic cc. Can't one of your Gurus beta this stuff before ya release it! Sweet Cheese-us!! And why does the site keep going down? Did the hamster in the wheel die? :twisted:

P.S. Please fix the computer game volume, it blasts my eardrums when one of the simmies play it. :evil:
  • Options
    ucareeucaree Posts: 281 New Member
    edited December 2009
    Before installing the patch, I removed all the CCs from the Mod's folder and also removed the resource.cfg file. I backed up all of my downloads from the launcher (I did this since people said some of the store items went missing).

The actual installation went smoothly however as soon I as re-launched the launcher, I got the message "base game is not compatible with expansion pack" or something along those lines. I tried opening the launcher again and the launcher wouldn't even open, it would appear and then disappear.

I had read about uninstalling the EA download manager and re-installing it. So I did this and after doing so, the launcher worked.

I ran the game and I've been playing it for about 3-4 hours. I must say it works great! This patch seems to have fixed a lot of the pesky bugs from the previous patch. My food no longer spoils the same day and I can finally change my sims' appearances without worrying about aging them.

I should also note that before I started up the game, I did put the mods folder back. I am playing with CC and haven't had an problems with the game.

As for the shop mode that everyone was complaining about, it's pretty out of the way and easy to ignore, I don't mind it being there at all.
  • Options
    agdeduagdedu Posts: 9
    edited December 2009
    I know what you mean. The first few patches had no problems. However, these new patches have done nothing but cause frustration. If EA really wants to make money, they need to stop doing what they're doing, because people are going to get tired of this BS.
  • Options
    netherplanesnetherplanes Posts: 1 New Member
    edited December 2009
    ippy wrote:
    i updated like it told me to and now i cant download and it deleted everthing i ever download form the exchage and store :shock:and when you creating a person ever time i go to click on pre-made sime my game shuts down
    :evil:

I have the same issue. I cannot install or uninstall anything, none of my EA store CC or other CC shows up, and my game crashes if I click on pre-made Sims too. My game is without the EP, and was working fine until patch 1.7, which slowed it down. Now, this patch has made it even more ridiculously slow to load and taken away access to my custom Sims. Please fix this soon. :(
  • Options
    SimsplyRuthSimsplyRuth Posts: 1,186 Member
    edited December 2009
    Once again EA you never fail to disappoint. Once again you fail to test your hardware. Once again nothing is working. Why can't you people just test your stuff before releasing it, jesus it would save alot of headaches and alot of trouble.

And once again people blame EA for what most likely - considering your post - is oversight on their part or inadequate computer specs.... HARDWARE is the components within each individual computer..
  • Options
    LushiePushieLushiePushie Posts: 237 Member
    edited December 2009
    I'm about to reinstall my game - I uninstalled it a few weeks ago because I was having some problems that I thought were because of the patch but it turned out my DVD drive was in the process of dying. But anyway, I am reinstalling and I don't plan on patching my game but I'm not sure if the game will automatically update or not. I'm afraid of the patch and I'm afraid of WA. I will buy WA once it is fixed and I will download future patches once they stop destroying people's games.
  • Options
    JillieLunaJillieLuna Posts: 1,027 Member
    edited December 2009
    yup. workin' great. about to install TS2 again though. just for a trip down memory lane :)
  • Options
    NighteyesNighteyes Posts: 1,142 Member
    edited December 2009
    My sound is messed up.

I just started a new sim (new neighborhood, too) and I'm back to my stereos not having sound.

I found a workaround for the store items problem. I also upgraded to Windows 7 yesterday and the game runs even better now.

I want EA to do three things and I'll be happier than humans should be:

1. Fix the Store Content problem so I don't have to use a workaround.
    2. Fix the missing stereo sound problem.
    3. Make the tombs reset so I can do them more than once per neighborhood.
  • Options
    Missmarvell0Missmarvell0 Posts: 2 New Member
    edited December 2009
    mine took two days to work, it would open the launcher but when i told it to play it said i couldnt, however after two days it worked as nomral....:/ :?
  • Options
    teakersneakersteakersneakers Posts: 1,967 New Member
    edited December 2009
    My launcher works fine. CAW works fine (ever since I had to reinstal my game). My game doesn't, I get into the fam that I am playing and they are frozen. In about 1 minute my game crashes and goes to my desktop.

I don't get EA, I thought they were professionals...obvestly not.
  • Options
    roflmaoxsarahroflmaoxsarah Posts: 4,132 Member
    edited December 2009
    When I played this morning, the patch was already downloaded into my computer and when I played, I had no problems.
  • Options
    SoggySoapSoggySoap Posts: 405 New Member
    edited December 2009
    TheFirst17 wrote:
    If you're talking about the 1.8/2.3 patch, then my game is not working since i installed it.

Yes, that patch.

This is crazy.
    EA needs to be more mindful about these things.
    This is not professional at all.

It's not being "unprofessional." I have enough custom content and in my game to supply the world, so no problems with mods/content. I'm experiencing no problems. It's not EA's fault just because of a minor problem due most likely about your computer specs or your video card. They don't exactly have the time to check every computer in the world to make sure it runs well. Plus, they always have more patches which fix the problems.