Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Is it wrong to restart all of your Sims families all over again?

2...Next

Comments

• Options
    CherryBerryCloudCherryBerryCloud Posts: 689 Member
    edited September 2020
    Deleted
    Post edited by CherryBerryCloud on
    Though my soul may set in darkness, it will rise in perfect light;
    I have loved the stars too truly to be fearful of the night.

Ha'aheo, e hoʻomau i kō kāua aloha, kau a kau.
  • Options
    EnkiSchmidtEnkiSchmidt Posts: 5,342 Member
    I do it all the time. Changing the backstory and then plunging the same sims into different situations to see how their lifes change is incredibly fun to me. I do that because I'm attached to my sims and rather not see them die and replaced. Offspring can be a problem, but I solved this by taking a page from another game: Kids are locked to one parent. For example Morgan will always have a red haired son, but the details (name, traits, father) may vary from save to save. But basically it is the same person, only in different parallel realities.

Restarting also helps me to let loose a bit and allow tragedies to befall my favorites. Tina dying of laughter from getting proposed to by her fiance? Unthinkable in my rotational save. But in a side-save using the same sims, of course, why not!
  • Options
    feetinstockingsfeetinstockings Posts: 4,264 Member
    I do it all the time. still havent got to the second generation.
  • Options
    WaitWhatYTWaitWhatYT Posts: 512 Member
    It isn't bad at all, but you aren't alone in feeling a little bad over it. Sometimes you just get so attached and it feels weird starting over, especially when they have history and kids and a whole life that gets overwritten :'(

But, that's the awesome thing about having different saves! I like to think of it as alternate realities instead of just straight up restarting, makes it a little less "weird" I guess 😃
  • Options
    CK213CK213 Posts: 20,529 Member
    edited February 2020
    No, they get to experience content they did not have access to the first time.
    For mine, multiple times.

My sims about the time before City Living.
    Young adults, never aging, never getting married, never having children.
    01-15-16_6-06-55nbspPM.png

Parenthood: All turned to toddlers and given parents.
    12-02-17_7-27-36nbspPM.png

Played to a certain age and then on hold for University.
    12-03-17_12-14-06nbspAM_1.png

Started new saves to try out Get Famous and Island Living.
    Will consider these lives when playing them after University.
    Several tried being starletts.
    11-18-18_12-01-13nbspPM.png

Vaughn tried being a writer who gets more creative in Sulani.
    06-25-19_1-31-49nbspPM.png

He fell in love with a mermaid.
    06-26-19_11-26-29nbspAM.png

And went adventuring with her in Selvadorada.
    07-01-19_4-15-40nbspPM.png

I might have him play that out after University.
    Post edited by CK213 on
    The%20Goths.png?width=1920&height=1080&fit=bounds
  • Options
    bshag4lvbshag4lv Posts: 9,378 Member
    In my case, my favorites became corrupted in a save, then I lost all my sims in a botched flashdrive transfer, (don't ask) so normally I wouldn't have to start over.

I'm so excited that I'm going on my 4th generation!! Yay for me! :D

Love the pics CK!
    In my house, dog hair sticks to everything but the dog.
  • Options
    MinaiMinai Posts: 706 Member
    Nah those are just judgemental thoughts you have.
    Play as want! Have fun!
  • Options
    AnisimAnisim Posts: 181 Member
    Thank you, everyone! And I love some of your stories. What CK said is pretty much why I wanted to restart. My Sims have missed out on content such as Uni and I would love them to experience everything in a way that I want them to. I have turned my main Sims into children and created parents for them so that they can grow and have a story.
  • Options
    faeriedustefaerieduste Posts: 44 Member
    It's your game. Go wild.
    Origin ID: faerieduste
  • Options
    catloverplayercatloverplayer Posts: 93,395 Member
    Anisim wrote: »
    I feel bad doing so.

No not at all. I don't think its wrong.
  • Options
    Vlad just invaded my home in my new game and I haven't recent saved :#
  • Options
    T'was the night before Christmas, btw
  • Options
    SindocatSindocat Posts: 5,622 Member
    See, this is why I am glad Vampires are their own pack. My Spellcasters are mischief enough!

I think my main legacy family I'd feel bad restarting on, simply because I have done so much with them. I may complicate their lives - one of my 1st Gen Sims just had a baby with another one's husband - but I really like to keep the extended accomplishments & relationships. Abandoning that would feel cheat-y. But I also save often, and Save As whenever I hit a crucial milestone, so I actually have this household, at various stages, all the way back to it's beginnings as 2 new YA Sims.

Other households and saves, I re-start or re-play all the time. But my legacy? No - that's kinda special. I may quit without saving, if something goes pear-shaped, but restart it? I don't think I could.
  • Options
    Destin2016Destin2016 Posts: 568 Member
    I’ve been thinking about starting over since we got University. I’m on my fourth generation & pretty attached to my sims, but I still want to start over & see what happens in another go round. Of course I’ll save my game on a USB drive so I don’t risk losing my sims. That would really depress me! I kinda feel bad too, though. But I say, let’s go for it & see what happens! Amazing how you can get attached to little pixelated people!
    You like me because I'm a scoundrel. There aren't enough scoundrels in your life.