Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Open Relationships in TS4

2...Next

Comments

• Options
    AyeffenAyeffen Posts: 258 Member
    It is kind of odd that as a life simulator, the Sims are always quicker to roll out supernatural and magical beings ahead of things which factor into a great number of people's lives and identities.

It's important to remember that open relationships are not the same as poly-amorous ones however I imagine that the mechanics would be very similar in something like The Sims.

I suppose what matters is giving players the freedom to play the game as they choose.
    1NraNSJ.png
    My Gallery 🏠 | Gamer 🎮 | Husband 👬
  • Options
    Pinmat135Pinmat135 Posts: 346 Member
    @ManakoHime Yeah, before we even let EA think about adding Open Relationships, they need to fix up closed relationships. A sim gets caught cheating? A small dip in relationship and a sad/angry (don't remember) moodlet that goes away relatively quickly. It needs to be fixed before we can add polygamy, but polygamy is definitely something we should have in this game.

You can totally not be into it. It would be totally optional. And even if they added a Story Progression-like thing with this in it (citation: the survey they made a couple months ago), I would guess that they would make it an option in the Settings, not checked by default, since it's a controversial topic. (Honestly, there'd probably be an entire menu in Settings for the Story Progression, so this isn't a stretch.)

@SERVERFRA WaitWhatYT is right. That's not what an open relationship is. I would recommend rereading my description of it in the first post.

@WaitWhatYT I've never actually completed that aspiration, so I don't know. Others on this thread might be able to help, though :smiley:

@Ayeffen Yeah, the mechanics would probably be similar. And it would be entirely optional, so that would definitely play into the "giving players the freedom to play the game as they choose" thing.
  • Options
    leo3487leo3487 Posts: 4,062 Member
    SERVERFRA wrote: »
    The sims already flirt with whoever even when they're in a committed relationship. The sims can have an open relationship in the game.

Maybe do you mean using MC Command Centar and enable such option at pregnancy module
  • Options
    SERVERFRASERVERFRA Posts: 7,128 Member
    No I don't use Mc, cc & any mods. I just play the Sims 4 games.