Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

I want news

Comments

• Options
    comicsforlifecomicsforlife Posts: 9,585 Member
    Chazzzy wrote: »
    Hello, PS4 player here. Someone mention news?

*Crickets chirp*

Ha, right... Still no My First Pet Stuff... Sorry, I'm tired and salty. Anyway, they'll probably be an announcement eventually but eh, you never really know. There are some things the devs or the higher-ups can't comment on yet. Plus PC did just get a stuff pack.

Content takes time to make and that's not even taking into account marketing.

One of the devs made a statement recently regarding why the console doesn’t have MFPS Stuff Pack yet and when they will get it. If I remember correctly, he said it’s hard to make that pack available because it requires Cats & Dogs and they haven’t figured out a way to only make it so gamers that also have Cats & Dogs can buy the pack and everyone else who doesn’t cannot. He said he wasn’t sure they would be able to add that pack to the console at all until they can figure out a workaround.

I would say "maybe they should've thought of that before making the pack" but I don't think the console version was even out at the time. My suggestion would be to just add the content to C&D and increase the price a bit but then people who already bought C&D would get it for free so they'd lose money...

And with the stuff pack CAS vote including options for C&D it looks like we just can't win either way. We'll never get MFPS and if pet outfits make it into the new pack we won't get that either. I'm just tired of waiting and I'm sure I'm not alone.
    you aren't but I doubt the pet cas will make it in @Dragonfire2lm
    more for sim kids and more drama please
  • Options
    HestiaHestia Posts: 1,997 Member
    MissyHissy wrote: »
    Not sure if it's the kind of news you're after but it looks like EA's CEO just dropped some hints about the next generation of Sims, for those who are interested.

I take most of the blog posts from that website with a grain of salt. That article itself and the interview with CEO Andrew Wilson didn’t exactly describe much about the next Sims franchise. It’s clickbait and over exaggeration.
    wB2Zykl.jpg
  • Options
    I was really hoping for news today the hot tub is cute but I wanted something to look forward to
    I'm sure I'm not the only one
  • Options
    DaWaterRatDaWaterRat Posts: 3,355 Member
    I was really hoping for news today the hot tub is cute but I wanted something to look forward to

The week's not out. I'm still (slightly) hopeful that we'll get a (vague) road map for Q4 by Friday. Just "We've got X pack planned still for this spring, we'll give you more info when we get closer" where "X" is just the kind of pack we're getting.
  • Options
    DaWaterRat wrote: »

The week's not out. I'm still (slightly) hopeful that we'll get a (vague) road map for Q4 by Friday. Just "We've got X pack planned still for this spring, we'll give you more info when we get closer" where "X" is just the kind of pack we're getting.

that would be nice
  • Options
    MissyHissyMissyHissy Posts: 2,022 Member
    Hestia wrote: »
    I take most of the blog posts from that website with a grain of salt. That article itself and the interview with CEO Andrew Wilson didn’t exactly describe much about the next Sims franchise. It’s clickbait and over exaggeration.

I never bothered to read it all the way through, to be honest. It didn't sound like direct hints for Sims 5 from what I read and I can't imagine that sort of idea would work out. Not for a game like The Sims. I think that would probably be a daft move but then I'm no expert.
    *All my mods can be found on The Daily Plumbob*MiAqoAE.png
  • Options
    catloverplayercatloverplayer Posts: 93,395 Member
    yes we got tiny living and its nice but I mean big news like what the next big update will be or the next big pack

Same I'm ready for a Gamepack Announcement and Trailer.
  • Options
    yes we got tiny living and its nice but I mean big news like what the next big update will be or the next big pack

Same I'm ready for a Gamepack Announcement and Trailer.

people could use something to cheer them up @catloverplayer
  • Options
    ej_4_simsej_4_sims Posts: 30 Member
    > @PlayerSinger2010 said:
    > Give it a week or so. The 20th anniversary is coming up.

and yet we have......a hot tub lol
  • Options
    still no news
  • Options
    texxx78texxx78 Posts: 5,657 Member
    I have only been around in the forum from past june after a break of years. Everything is so quiet compared with june - october... was it like now last year during the same time period?
  • Options
    popstarsleypopstarsley Posts: 1,086 Member
    ...and I want it now!
  • Options
    BeardedgeekBeardedgeek Posts: 5,520 Member
    Purrrmeow wrote: »
    I know people have been making a huge joke about TS5 recently on YouTube but its something that I would truly love to see. Something maybe with more realistic graphics, I guess like Second Life, because most people mod them in anyway.

God I loathe that. The cartoony graphics in Sims 4 look amazing. Alpha CC etc just looks... bleurgh. In MHO, of course.

Also, they said Sims 4 is at least another three years. I hope so too, I am not in the mood of having to play a base game with 0 features again and then cough up another 1500 dollars before getting a full featured game... that will just be replaced as soon as it is finished. Again.
    Origin ID: A_Bearded_Geek
  • Options
    telmarina wrote: »
    I have only been around in the forum from past june after a break of years. Everything is so quiet compared with june - october... was it like now last year during the same time period?

no I don't think so but there are slow times for news this is just that time I guess I hope news comes soon @telmarina
  • Options
    SharoniaSharonia Posts: 4,853 Member
    I would love some news. It's nice to have something to look forward to. I don't find the knitting pack all that exciting really.
  • Options
    bixtersbixters Posts: 2,299 Member
    I am BORED.....When are we getting any news? After the lackluster 20th Anniversary, you'd think they'd have something fun up their sleeves. I'm tired of the constant silences in this franchise. I'm worried their going to announce the Sims 5 and just leave the Sims 4 in the gutter.
  • Options
    DeKayDeKay Posts: 81,603 Member
    bixters wrote: »
    I am BORED.....When are we getting any news? After the lackluster 20th Anniversary, you'd think they'd have something fun up their sleeves. I'm tired of the constant silences in this franchise. I'm worried their going to announce the Sims 5 and just leave the Sims 4 in the gutter.

Gosh, I forgot about the 20th Anniversary gift and now I'm mad again. XD
    My Top Song of the Day: Innocence by Avril Lavigne
    x3vZicL.gif
  • Options
    BeardedgeekBeardedgeek Posts: 5,520 Member
    DeKay wrote: »
    bixters wrote: »

Gosh, I forgot about the 20th Anniversary gift and now I'm mad again. XD

Well to be fair, you are being mad at receiving free stuff. Remember, the Sims team has absolute ZERO moral reason to give you ANYTHING. Yet people are flipping out because they "only" got a hottub.
    Origin ID: A_Bearded_Geek
  • Options
    logionlogion Posts: 4,720 Member
    edited March 2020
    If you consider that they made the tiny living pack in 2019 (and I don't count the 20th anniversary bathtub as something new), they have neither showed or told us anything about what they are working on in 2020 except the community knitting pack, and that is something that they announced last year.

2020 is looking very empty when it comes to the sims4 so far.

• Options
    ListentoToppDoggListentoToppDogg Posts: 2,103 Member
    I want news on the knitting stuff pack. They've not mentioned anything about it for weeks and we're supposed to have a vote starting...like now.
  • Options
    FurSimsOfficialFurSimsOfficial Posts: 2,362 Member
    No Maxis Monthly for two months. I don't see the point of them telling us they will have something for us every month, when these streams vanish a little too many months in a year.
    There has been too many disappointments since the summer and we all know that things don't just get fixed without actually balancing it out. That does not happen and it only gets worse tbh.
    I am expecting a maxis monthly next week and the announcement of a gamepack for this month or April.
  • Options
    thecatsredthecatsred Posts: 327 Member
    Idk the point of them doing maxis monthly's when they were never going to be monthly in the first place.
  • Options
    DaWaterRatDaWaterRat Posts: 3,355 Member
    I want news on the knitting stuff pack. They've not mentioned anything about it for weeks and we're supposed to have a vote starting...like now.

Ninja had a twitter post yesterday that they were getting ready for the vote ("It's almost time") so I'm guessing it's in marketing's hands at the moment (I don't know if the surveys are in multiple languages or not, that being the other place it could be) to make sure all the phrasing is okay.
  • Options
    well I hope we here about a new pack tomorrow