Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Free Hot-Tub?

Comments

• Options
    CherryBerryCloudCherryBerryCloud Posts: 689 Member
    edited September 2020
    Yay
    Deleted
    Post edited by CherryBerryCloud on
    Though my soul may set in darkness, it will rise in perfect light;
    I have loved the stars too truly to be fearful of the night.

Ha'aheo, e hoʻomau i kō kāua aloha, kau a kau.
  • Options
    calaprfycalaprfy Posts: 3,927 Member
    Yay
    The sims never really use the hot tub wisely autonomously. And don't buy one for lazy sims as they spend all their time sleeping in 'em.
  • Options
    Bearly_MediaBearly_Media Posts: 124 Member
    Yay
    Did anyone even remember the sims had an anniversary until a week or two ago?

I didn't. It's free, yo.
  • Options
    SindocatSindocat Posts: 5,622 Member
    Yay
    Perfect Patio was my first pack of any kind - and a gift, from my sister, who was distressed that there was no base-game hot tub. She got it on sale, for $5. Five bucks.

No, of course I don't begrudge anyone a free hot tub.
  • Options
    GoldmoldarGoldmoldar Posts: 11,966 Member
    edited February 2020
    They can offer what they want but if they felt really nostalgic about the series and it was posted they could have made an item from each version and that within itself be more meaningful. I do not care for the hot tub as Sims 4 is not my cup of tea anymore. But if others want to enjoy it that is their thing.
    Post edited by Goldmoldar on
    Omen by HP Intel®️ Core™️ i9- 12900K W/ RGB Liquid Cooler 32GB Nvidia RTX 3080 10Gb ASUS Ultra-Wide 34" Curved Monitor. Omen By HP Intel® Core™ i7-12800HX 32 GB Nvidia 3070 Ti 8 GB 17.3 Screen
  • Options
    FaberriesFaberries Posts: 1,354 Member
    Yay
    I don’t mind it. 🤷‍♀️
    Star Wind Flower Sun
  • Options
    vincentvega8899vincentvega8899 Posts: 103 Member
    .....sure!?
  • Options
    CaptainElsaCaptainElsa Posts: 226 Member
    Yay
    Slightly annoyed that I just got Perfect Patio at full price but then again... more hot tubs are always nice. I miss the "in ground" ones we had, you know, before.
  • Options
    Paigeisin5Paigeisin5 Posts: 2,139 Member
    Nay
    I really don't care EA decided to use the hot tub as a 'gift' for everyone. What I do object to is the fact they could have fixed it! The hot tub has never worked properly. So not only did EA give it away after many players paid for the pack, they didn't bother to fix it either. I guess some will say a glitchy gift is better than nothing. And it will end up as a nice decor object after a couple of weeks. :p
  • Options
    bsasinbsasin Posts: 33 Member
    Nay
    I feel like the hot tub was just so low-effort. Ya know, like most things they put out these days.
  • Options
    February11February11 Posts: 12,658 Member
    Yay
    Every family in each game I play now have their own hot tub at home, and I have placed one on particular lots in all worlds. I love it.
    MLgj4Vx.png
  • Options
    SimsandraSimsandra Posts: 315 Member
    Yay
    I am happy for all the simmers, who did not own the pack that includes the hot tub, and it looks kinda cute with it's roof and lampions. I dont use hot tubs that much, but it's always a nice addition.
  • Options
    sims2freak737sims2freak737 Posts: 2,543 Member
    Nay
    Unfortunately this isn't the first time EA has made items from previous packs Simmers have paid for available for those that don't purchase the packs. I think it's insane.
  • Options
    akuheikomatsuakuheikomatsu Posts: 79 Member
    Nay
    Would have much rather had an older object or NPC return... heart shaped bed, pool table, bunk beds, spiral stairs, ladders, vending machine, Mrs. Crumplebottom, Bonehilda, Unsavory Charlatan, Social Bunny, burglars...
  • Options
    Sigzy05Sigzy05 Posts: 19,406 Member
    edited February 2020
    Nay
    It's been long enough in my opinion. Perfect Patio was one of the first packs, we had enough exclusivity time with that item.

This is a horrible, illogical, way of thinking....people paid for that exclusivity and EA isn't disclosing that they are going to patch content from SP's away. Premium price for a pack with exclusive hot tubs, with barely unique interactions, and mediocre skins for BG items, is what people paid for. So are they going to patch every gameplay feature from all SP's when TS4 ends? Honestly, clowns are the people who buy their stuff. Me included.

I'm tired of EA robbing us to our faces. If this wasn't The Sims, this game and franchise would be cancelled by the gaming community and social media.

To add insult to injury, they didn't even make sure sims properly use hot tubs, they stay for 2 seconds and leave to go to the computer. This is just tragic. Never mind the fact that we literally got the same object as the sims mobile. What an insult to this long time pc running title.
    mHdgPlU.jpg?1
  • Options
    DeKayDeKay Posts: 81,602 Member
    Nay
    Nay, but only cuz I don't care for hot tubs and don't use them in my game.

I'm not that mad that they're giving away this for free for those who don't have the pack. It's a bit poopy tho since hot tubs were essentially the game play object for the SP, I believe. But eh, whatevs.
    My Top Song of the Day: Innocence by Avril Lavigne
    x3vZicL.gif
  • Options
    DeKayDeKay Posts: 81,602 Member
    Nay
    Sigzy05 wrote: »
    It's been long enough in my opinion. Perfect Patio was one of the first packs, we had enough exclusivity time with that item.

This is a horrible, illogical, way of thinking....people paid for that exclusivity and EA isn't disclosing that they are going to patch content from SP's away. Premium price for a pack with exclusive hot tubs, with barely unique interactions, and mediocre skins for BG items, is what people paid for. So are they going to patch every gameplay feature from all SP's when TS4 ends? Honestly, clowns are the people who buy their stuff. Me included.

I'm tired of EA robbing us to our faces. If this wasn't The Sims, this game and franchise would be cancelled by the gaming community and social media.

[...]

I agree! I don't like this mentality of "Oh, we had this for 5 years so it's fine." We pay for a pack not to get an early bird access to the objects/gameplay feature!

Even tho, it might be fine to those who say that, do they ever stop to think that maybe there might be somebody out there who only started playing the game last year and maybe heard about how hot tubs might not be added to future packs, and therefore they just bought the SP when they could have gotten one for free if they waited a couple of months? For them, it's not so much of 5 years of the object now, is it?

Now, I wouldn't mind if they added hot tubs or a different type in future packs but make people pay for it, but giving it for free for base game as a celebration is just ugh.
    My Top Song of the Day: Innocence by Avril Lavigne
    x3vZicL.gif
  • Options
    FelicityFelicity Posts: 4,979 Member
    Onverser wrote: »
    I was wondering how people feel about the hot tub being made available for free? I'm happy with it as I don't have the pack but it also feels unfair to people who paid money specifically for the hot tubs, so I was wondering what you guys think if you do/or dont have the pack, are you happy with it being free or disappointed? (yay for happy, nay for disappointed)

I'm indifferent (I own the pack, and as I buy Sims 4 stuff on sale, it may have been worth $5). However, they should have made some iconic stuff instead. The heart bed. Bonehilda. I don't know. Something that is inclusive to all sims games, not just Sims 4.
  • Options
    iliekponieziliekponiez Posts: 455 Member
    Yay
    Love it! It'll be perfect for backyards! I'm also a sucker for plumbob designs, lol! <3
  • Options
    BradyGalaxyBradyGalaxy Posts: 306 Member
    Nay
    What really annoys me is that for 20 years of playing the Sims, and paying EA for packs, we only get a hot tub for their anniversary. Hot tubs in the first place are fine, I sort of use them, but we've had hot tubs for a very long time now. It's great for people that only have the base game or are starting off with the game get to experience hot tubs, but honestly if you really want them $10 isn't that big of a deal. It's a bummer for the rest of the community. And I guess the key thing is that I expected more from their 20th Anniversary. I shouldn't have expected more, but I just did. (Sorry if I sounded like a brat in this at all. Happy Anniversary, though :) )
    Proud simmer
  • Options
    fullspiralfullspiral Posts: 14,717 Member
    Nay
    lisamwitt wrote: »
    I'm not disappointed in it because it's free and I paid for PP. I bought it half off and no one made me buy it, so... whatever.

No, I am disappointed because THAT is what they gave us for the 20th anniversary.

Exactly THIS
  • Options
    Sonia016Sonia016 Posts: 482 Member
    Nay
    I was hoping for spiral stair... the problem with my sims was that they don't seem to want to use the hot tub, now the hottub near the pool area was sitting there just to collect rain water only.

The Sims Game
  • Options
    mia_noelle97mia_noelle97 Posts: 575 Member
    edited February 2020
    Nay
    I'm relatively new to the Sims, so I didn't buy Perfect Patio stuff when it first came out, I bought it probably around a year ago, maybe less than that, and mainly for the hot tubs. So yes, I'm a little upset. If they wanted to give us a hot tub, at least make it so it's not a reskin of the one from Perfect Patio. At the very least, I wish they hadn't hyped up the 20th anniversary only to give us a hot tub.
  • Options
    Sara1010PSara1010P Posts: 891 Member
    Nay
    I already own perfect patio, I already have hot tubs in my game, I don't feel a re-skin of an item I already own is quite the same as someone getting a completely new object that they didn't have in their game. Where is my completely new object to celebrate me being a loyal simmer for the last 20 years. Oh right, I didn't get one. Just a re-skin of something I already had in game. I think it would have been better for them to create something unique for the anniversary that would have been new for everyone. Just like the giving away of packs from wish list in origin, I am glad simmers who don't have all the packs get the chance to be gifted one, but what about the rest of us that do own all the packs? It just feels like we are being left out. It isn't a good feeling.
  • Options
    Susim62Susim62 Posts: 225 Member
    Yay
    I was considering getting the patio pack just for the spa, so I'm happy with it.