Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Free Hot-Tub?

Comments

• Options
    AlbaWaterhouseAlbaWaterhouse Posts: 3,953 Member
    Yay
    It's been long enough in my opinion. Perfect Patio was one of the first packs, we had enough exclusivity time with that item.
    Origin ID is: AlbaWaterhouse
    All my creations are CC free.
  • Options
    ScarletSimEaterScarletSimEater Posts: 126 Member
    Yay
    NoirStasis wrote: »
    My question to you if you believe that some packs should be moved into the free bin, then what do they do with the Simmers that already paid for the packs? I feel like you have the right idea, but maybe they should of done something like fix babies or added cars, like everyone has asked for and no one would be upset and happy for everyone as a community.

How should they pay back the simmers who paid full price for the basegame when someone can buy it on sale now for $6?

I'd allow them to bug CS for a refund if it was a super recent purchase. If you bought it a while ago, though, you most likely got your $10 value out of it by now. I really won't be upset if they want to expand the basegame by rolling in old content to make it feel like a better deal for new players.
  • Options
    hellokitty1496hellokitty1496 Posts: 243 Member
    Yay
    It was never on my radar to buy, so I'm open to accepting such a wonderful gift from them. :)
  • Options
    DevilNDisguiseDevilNDisguise Posts: 2,225 Member
    Yay
    Considering Perfect Patio came out almost five years ago, I think I've gotten my $10 worth since then regarding the play value of hot tubs.

I don't really care that a new one has been released to the public for free; it was in honor of a 20-year celebration, and you still have to buy Perfect Patio to gain access to the other variations.

I'll enjoy having a new type of hot tub, too. Isn't often that you get new variations of special items once they've already come out.
  • Options
    SharoniaSharonia Posts: 4,853 Member
    edited February 2020
    Yay
    I don't mind at all. I'm not one of those people that think others shouldn't have things for free simply because I bought chose to buy a similar item earlier. It's a nice gift and I hope people enjoy it.
    Post edited by Sharonia on
  • Options
    SAEldarinSAEldarin Posts: 428 Member
    edited February 2020
    Yay
    I'm happy that it was given -- I had no idea it wasn't an option for simmers unless they owned a certain pack(s).

Edited: had a bit of a rant and thought this wasn't the best place for it. Removed. May repost my thoughts in a more appropriate thread.
  • Options
    NationalPokedexNationalPokedex Posts: 829 Member
    On one hand, I guess it’s cool because I don’t have PP so it’s a new gameplay item for me. But on the other hand, I don’t think it’s an exciting gameplay element, and don’t know if I’ll ever use it. So mostly I thought this was a whatever gift and therefore I wish they had added something else rather than this. I’m not unhappy with it, but also I’m definitely not understanding why it’s meant to be seen as a great free piece of content to gift to all Simmers. It’s actually boring.

Anyways, I saw someone in another thread say they would have taken more bug fixes and tbh yeah. I’d rather have bug fixes over this hot tub. But they told me to keep my expectations low and I did and I’m over it.
  • Options
    KimmerKimmer Posts: 2,383 Member
    Yay
    I have the Perfect Patio pack and I don't mind at all that the base game got hot tubs for free. :)
  • Options
    HestiaHestia Posts: 1,997 Member
    Yay
    I bought the pack and I am very happy that they made this choice. It was their mistake for releasing a pack that focuses/specializes in “hot tubs”. Big mistake on game design.
    wB2Zykl.jpg
  • Options
    NorthDakotaGamerNorthDakotaGamer Posts: 2,559 Member
    Nay
    I looked at it and immediately saw it was just a reskinned item. Even my 7 year old child who plays noticed that much.
  • Options
    x4m1r4x4m1r4 Posts: 3,901 Member
    It should be part of the base game since the beginning, like many others. :|
    OID:- x4m1r4
  • Options
    SimpatsyannSimpatsyann Posts: 1,309 Member
    Yay
    I could not give less of a crap if they give away an item from a pack for free. Happy hot tubbing.
  • Options
    Stina1701AStina1701A Posts: 1,184 Member
    edited February 2020
    Yay
    I haven't tried it out, haven't even seen it really as the household I am playing now don't have one and not planning to in the future but I am happy. The Perfect Patio Stuff pack is one of the most used stuff packs and I love hottubs and getting a new one, especially one with a roof is only a plus for me.

Edit: Forgot to add; that it being part of the basegame doesn't retract for me at all. In fact, I say, about time, as at least one hottub should have been part of the basegame from the beginning :smiley:
  • Options
    lisamwittlisamwitt Posts: 5,096 Member
    Nay
    I'm not disappointed in it because it's free and I paid for PP. I bought it half off and no one made me buy it, so... whatever.

No, I am disappointed because THAT is what they gave us for the 20th anniversary.
    Gallery ID: LadyGray01
  • Options
    BluegayleBluegayle Posts: 4,186 Member
    Yay
    Sharonia wrote: »
    I don't mind at all. I'm not one of those people that think others shouldn't have things for free simply because I bought chose to buy a similar item earlier. It's a nice gift and I hope people enjoy it. [/quote

"Exactly"
    "Every child matters. If we fail our children, we are bound to fail our present, our future, faith, cultures, and civilizations as well."
    ZO6GpFg.jpg

AHQ Champion
  • Options
    JoBass24usJoBass24us Posts: 1,629 Member
    I didn’t vote because I’m completely neutral on it. It’s been 5 years since the patio pack came out so I got my money’s worth out of it. I’m happy other simmers now have access to a hot tub. As pack owners we still have the meshes of what the pack offered on that object.

I’m more meh about them releasing it with no real fix to it. My Sims never auto use it and when instructed they only stay for a few seconds. I would have been happy if the darn thing actually worked correctly lol.
  • Options
    ChazzzyChazzzy Posts: 7,166 Member
    Nay
    FFFE0035-029-B-46-FF-9-B10-40-C127562667.gif
  • Options
    HeatherInMyHeartHeatherInMyHeart Posts: 7 New Member
    Nay
    I think it was a lazy idea, if they were going to add a new hotub it should have been different from the old ones, adding a roof over it doesnt change it that much because you could of made that yourself
  • Options
    AnnLee87AnnLee87 Posts: 2,475 Member
    Yay
    I am fortunate to be able to buy packs when they come out. I do make it a priority though because The Sims is what I do in my freetime. I do things at home to save money like make my own coffee to go and I cook meals at home. I take my lunch to work. I don't go out to the movies. Theses are choices I make.

I love that Simmers who cannot buy all the packs get free things. I have no hard feelings. It's my fault that I am not patient enough to wait for sales though. It's hard to see the sales after I paid full price but that's on me. This game is what I like to do in my freetime even though I do stray away at times. For about 3 weeks in Dec. I played Stardew Valley (I got it for free) on my phone because the Sims is hard for me to play at short intervals. I had family stuff!

Right now I am trying to cut more corners off my budget so I can get a new game that I have my eye on. I will always come back to the Sims when new packs come out. Lately, I feel that the game is lacking something that I need. I just don't know what it is so I want to try another game.
  • Options
    MochiMommaMochiMomma Posts: 41 Member
    Yay
    I feel like it is really petty to be unhappy that a hot tub has been released to everyone, just because a person spent the 10 bucks for the pack. I bought the pack a long while back and am happy that there is a hot tub for everyone. I also like other items from that stuff pack so I don't feel regretful about spending a few bucks on it when I did.
  • Options
    BeardedgeekBeardedgeek Posts: 5,520 Member
    Yay
    Never understood the "Nobody should get a reward if I paid for it" mindset.
    I guess if you bought it yesterday maybe, but I don't mind, at all.
    Origin ID: A_Bearded_Geek
  • Options
    FinvolaFinvola Posts: 1,041 Member
    edited February 2020
    Nay
    Same, I'm not disappointed because it's a recycled PP hot tub that people got for free, I just thought we would get something a little more special for the 20th anniversary. That was the disappointment, not because people who don't own PP got free content, I definitely don't care about that. I just thought the 20th Anniversary patch was a huge dud. We got recycled content, the hot tub and the song from TS3. It just seemed like an afterthought to me.
  • Options
    ListentoToppDoggListentoToppDogg Posts: 2,103 Member
    Nay
    Easy Nay. I'm tired of them making objects free that people paid for. And then they literally just re-textured the existing one and added a roof to it. They couldn't even make a completely brand new type of hot tub so that people who did have Perfect Patio would have at least got something slightly new. Instead we got doubly ripped off.
  • Options
    KaronKaron Posts: 2,332 Member
    Nay
    I like it, but not on the situation we got it.
  • Options
    Felicity1169Felicity1169 Posts: 592 Member
    Nay
    It is underwhelming for the 20th Anniversary especially considering that they did more for less impressive anniversaries, they could have made it the heart shaped one from 1 or something. But at least I don't need to buy perfect patio now.