Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Bob and Eliza Pancakes

Comments

• Options
    flippinmaryflippinmary Posts: 180 Member
    My Bob & Eliza are still together - just. Bob is now a retired top chef & still enjoys cooking, baking & fishing. Eliza is a mad scientist. They have a teenage daughter, Honey who enjoys gardening and is a bit of a loner, and have adopted a labradoodle called Siggy. They did own a few businesses but sold them off when Bob retired. Eliza spends most of her free time experimenting in her home lab and shooting her mind control gun at Bob :D
  • Options
    CamkatCamkat Posts: 2,329 Member
    edited February 2020
    I've never played with the Pancakes, but one time, in my play through of the 100 baby challenge, Bob fathered the 4th pregnancy. He didn't leave Eliza, he was just "used". He ended up impregnating my sim with twins too so that knocked off baby #4 and #5 for the challenge. :)

I've largely ignored them otherwise.
    Origin ID: Peapod79
  • Options
    So_MoneySo_Money Posts: 2,536 Member
    edited February 2020
    Eliza divorced Bob and she’s now married to my main sim. Bob sold the house and moved away (I deleted him from Manage Households).
  • Options
    PeculiarPlumbobPeculiarPlumbob Posts: 535 Member
    I don't really play townies but in my current save they've had a daughter named Luz. She had a daughter (named Pippa Pancakes) with an alien hybrid. She also ended up marrying Judith Ward's son Rowan.

Pippa, on the other hand, married Alexander Goth and Christie Sigworth's son Darien Goth. Pippa and Darien had two sons named Benton and Coty Goth. Benton and Coty's wives both have a very long and complicated ancestry. Benton and his wife have a daughter named Reese. Coty and his wife have a son named Egan.
  • Options
    llane83llane83 Posts: 34 Member
    In my main save for them, they had five kids. They were actually pretty decent parents. I believe I'm on the 5th generation of their family line.
  • Options
    OEII1001OEII1001 Posts: 3,682 Member
    Bob was a victim of the Great Bar Burst of Anger of '19. He now "resides" at the Eastpark Mausoleum in Newcrest. Eliza is a spinster with only a short time left.
  • Options
    EllupelluelluEllupelluellu Posts: 6,926 Member
    edited February 2020
    Bob had a thing with Nancy..
    Eliza kicked him out..
    Bob married Nancy (by MCCC after Nancy had already kicked Geoffrey out who married Babs)...
    Eliza married Gavin Richards (also by MCCC)..

I think they both are now in worse relationship than they were before..

Hmm.. maybe I make Bob to have an affair with Eliza now..
    My love, my love, my fearless love, I will not say goodbye..
    Sea may rise, sky may fall, My love will never die..
    My heart, my heart, My drowning heart, Oh all the tears I've cried
    Oh I may weep forevermore, My love will never die..

My Story:Villa Catarina
  • Options
    Karababy52Karababy52 Posts: 5,952 Member
    I gave them both light makeovers with a new wardrobe, cold/hot weather wear when Seasons came out and...that's it. They reside in the same house, same careers, no children, etc., in my custom template I use to start all my save games. I see Eliza quite a bit, usually in the gym and the rare occasion my Sims go to clubs. But Bob is elusive, rarely see him at all. Guessing he's more of a homebody preferring to stay home, mope and make pancakes. *shrugs*
  • Options
    drakharisdrakharis Posts: 1,478 Member
    edited February 2020
    Chazzzy wrote: »
    I’ve never done anything with them.

Neither have I. They don't fit in for most scenarios I have in my gameplay or part of any objectives I have for any particular scenario I have for gameplay. I normally just delete them because of that reason. I'm sorry I should probably come up with a scenario that involves them but no time soon, I am going back and forth right now between 2 separate saves for two different scenarios I have going on at this moment. I don't think I deleted them yet for my Rise of The Occults. I Maybe I should turn Bob into a werewolf and Elsa into Fairy or Mermaid.

Werewolf Mod
    http://modthesims.info/d/619440/werewolf-mod-v1-1-kinda-works-read-description.html

Fairies Mod
    http://modthesims.info/d/605585/fairies-mod-v1-5-kinda-works-read-description.html
    Playtesting - not just tabletop games and card games any more. Really that should have been playtested in Beta and not [img]just with accounting and marketing but actual players. https://i.imgur.com/t48COW6.jpg[/img]
  • Options
    ryttu3kryttu3k Posts: 1,148 Member
    Chazzzy wrote: »
    ryttu3k wrote: »
    Going by the everyday outfit shirt pattern and their unhappiness, I went with the idea that 'Bob' was unhappy due to being closeted. She has now transitioned with Eliza's support (changing her name to Becca) and they have a much healthier relationship with more emotional honesty. I also changed her Gloomy trait to Goofball, which is more her default personality when she's not depressed. Eliza has picked up a business career, and Becca was automatically rolled as a spellcaster!

Becca is still a slob and Eliza is still neat, so who knows how long that'll last, but they're doing okay now.

(Makeover lookbooks: Becca, Eliza. Yeah, Eliza picked out Becca's formal and party outfits because she knows that if she left her wife to it, she'd end up in sweats and a tee, haha.)

You turned Bob into a gay man or into a woman?

Trans woman. Hence the she/her pronouns, the name Becca, and the more feminine look. This is the trans pride flag, and it has a remarkable similarity to Bob's default shirt.
  • Options
    popstarsleypopstarsley Posts: 1,086 Member
    I should start a new save one of these days to find out who all these people are. Never played any premades and they are all loooooooongggggg gone by now.
  • Options
    LinzzLinzz Posts: 323 Member
    I haven't played on them really. I have MCCC so in one save they ended up having identical twin girls and another girl. The twins are grown now and one of them married a sim I recently made. They are very pretty I think. Eliza was a waitress at one on my resturants, I have no idea what Bob did. Probably not much.
  • Options
    fruitsbasket101fruitsbasket101 Posts: 1,530 Member
    Does anyone play the version of them with their toddler Iggy from the gallery? It seems like most people who play them just play Eliza and Bob.
    Have a super fantastic awesome splendid amazing day! -TheQxxn
  • Options
    NationalPokedexNationalPokedex Posts: 829 Member
    Does anyone play the version of them with their toddler Iggy from the gallery? It seems like most people who play them just play Eliza and Bob.

I don't play that family from the gallery, but Bob and Eliza had twins in my game right around the time I learned that there is a version of them with a son named Iggy. They named their children Isabelle and Ignatius (with my own mental note that they would be called Izzy and Iggy).
  • Options
    SharoniaSharonia Posts: 4,853 Member

I replaced them with the newer version from the gallery. It felt weird to play the version in game once I knew there was another version where they already had a child. I like to believe that Iggy is the glue that held them together and repaired their struggling relationship.
  • Options
    PeppermixPeppermix Posts: 231 Member
    They got a divorce after Bob ran away with Dina Caliente
  • Options
    fallenangel66fallenangel66 Posts: 294 Member
    When I went in to play them for a bit their romance bar was in the red, they'd somehow had a daughter, but were sleeping in separate bedrooms the crib was in Bob's room, Eliza had nothing to do with the baby, and she had a full pink romance bar with Marcus Flex. So eventually I had her move into a decent San Myshuno apartment, and Bob renovated their house and raised the daughter. He recently Met my sim who is a struggling single mom of 2 boys and they are dating somewhat but taking things slow, since they've both been burned before. They're best friends with a little bit of a romance bar (just had their first kiss) but they've been doing alot of things with the kids, movie nights at the park, saturdays at the community pool, etc... I haven't decided if their romance is going to take off or not, alot of it depends on how receptive they all are to each other.
  • Options
    ElliandreElliandre Posts: 2,468 Member
    I didn't know there was another version of this couple in the gallery with a kid. I'm going to check that out. But what will I do now?? I will have two sets of them with two different toddlers. I can't leave their other toddler Iggy to live in the gallery :cold_sweat:
  • Options
    StutumStutum Posts: 1,146 Member
    I haven't done anything with them. My sims do eventually befriend Eliza when their paths cross, though. Couldn't care less about Bob.
  • Options
    fruitsbasket101fruitsbasket101 Posts: 1,530 Member
    Elliandre wrote: »
    I didn't know there was another version of this couple in the gallery with a kid. I'm going to check that out. But what will I do now?? I will have two sets of them with two different toddlers. I can't leave their other toddler Iggy to live in the gallery :cold_sweat:

Yeah. They were made by either maxis or one of gurus to celebrate... something I can't remember right now lol. But yep, an alternate, updated version of them with a toddler does exist on the gallery.
    Have a super fantastic awesome splendid amazing day! -TheQxxn
  • Options
    DevilNDisguiseDevilNDisguise Posts: 2,225 Member
    edited February 2020
    I've never played the Pancakes, but I've watched them from afar. I've never cared for them. In my main save, Bob wasn't too bad, but Eliza was always so annoying in my game.

Though I never directly played them, from the outside their marriage didn't seem great. Eliza was always at every single nightclub my Sims went to, flirting with everyone. I've played plenty of households where Sims had a romance bar with her.

I killed her off after awhile because she irritated me so much and I was tired of seeing her face at every venue my Sims went to, regardless of the world they were in. I actually started seeing Bob more out-and-about after that happened, almost like he had been freed from her chains.

Too much time has passed since the start of that save, though, so he's passed on as well.
  • Options
    Simtown15Simtown15 Posts: 3,952 Member
    I leave them in the background. I did play a redhead named Annie though!
  • Options
    AngeliqueAdelaideAngeliqueAdelaide Posts: 1,033 Member
    Never liked them, so I usually delete them.
  • Options
    Stina1701AStina1701A Posts: 1,184 Member
    I like the Pancakes, Eliza and all. They are one of the support households in my rotational and they have a little toddler boy, not Iggy though, and I plan on them having another child later on. Pancake jr. is one of four toddlers in their street and I plan on having them grow up together as friends along with the three toddlers in the other streets in Willow Creek (love the club system).

Bob is working his rear end in the chef career and Eliza is a rising star in the business career, their relationship is going quite well at the moment despite their differences. I do have a plan in the future where they seperate but still stay friends and the kids will stay with Bob. I really see Eliza as the fun parent, and move Eliza to the city where her kids will visit her and stay with her regularly. I also envision Bob go into the bakery business with Zoe Patel's alien boyfriend. This is just a rough draft of their future history which can change.
  • Options
    Admiral8QAdmiral8Q Posts: 3,326 Member
    @Stina1701A I gave Bob the "Professional Slacker" reward. heh! Your story-line is interesting. The way it's going, Eliza needs the house to be worth over 200,000 simoleons to complete part of her aspiration.
    Reticulating Splines...
    9ODVlJh.png