Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

France - underneath the art museum - okay, I'm stumped

I've been - well, I should say my Sim has been wandering around the closed-off basement section of the art museum, investigating at the request of a local. There's several display cases of ***** and my Sim is given the option to add something. But the door to behind the cases is locked and for the life of me I can't figure out what more I can do to unlock this one door. I've solved the other rooms and found the treasures, but I still can't figure out what I'm supposed to pull/push/stand on/whatever to get this door unlocked. :?

Comments

• Options
    beggar1015beggar1015 Posts: 539 Member
    edited November 2009
    That's interesting. I typed there were display cases of *****, and now there's **** instead of the word *****. Is this EA's way of preventing me from giving spoilers or something? Should I just say there were display cases of "things"?

• Options
    axoaxonicaxoaxonic Posts: 16 New Member
    edited December 2009
    bump

& I wonder if the word 'relics' shows up as all stars.
  • Options
    MissReena73MissReena73 Posts: 255 Member
    edited December 2009
    There are two doors in the museum that I have not been able to open, and that is one of them.

I just sort of assumed that it is there to make us go crazy and try to figure out how to open it.

The other door is on the main level. When you use the secret passage to get to the stairs, there is another door right by the stairs that takes you out into the main area again. I have yet to figure out how to unlock this door either.

I think they are just messing with us. It is like a couple of spots that they put in a pushable statue that doesnt seem to do anything...
  • Options
    Nik24X7Nik24X7 Posts: 7,865 Member
    edited December 2009
    It's been a couple of weeks since I solved this quest. I'm not clear on where you are getting stuck. Have you found the hidden door in the lobby area that leads to the second set of stairs to the basement? The one triggered by the hole in the wall next to the roped-off stairs? Let me know, and I'll try to help. As for the pedestals, I haven't found a reason for them as of yet. So far, I haven't had a need to place anything on them, but then again, I'm not done with all the challenges in France as of yet.
    Origin ID: nik24x7
  • Options
    secretuk1965secretuk1965 Posts: 5,341 Member
    edited December 2009
    isn't that the one where you have to report findings etc? get the remains and place them in the graveyard i did all that and finished the task. but i too couldn't figure how to get the door open at the side of the show case when you click on it it says add but your sims can't add anything. i checked every wall and inspected it but noting showed but somehow theres somthing to open the door i gave it a break and did another i will go back and check it out again, but i wanted to finish adventure first least i got her visa points.
  • Options
    KatcarcatKatcarcat Posts: 300 New Member
    edited December 2009
    I'm not sure if this is going to help at all, but if you can see the room that you want to get into but are unable to because the door is locked, you can meditate and zenport into it? Saves tons of time.
  • Options
    irennemiirennemi Posts: 19 New Member
    edited December 2009
    Hi!
    I too had problems with this door. I just gave up in the end. But I think i was able to finish this task without opening it though.
  • Options
    GommeIncGommeInc Posts: 1,047 Member
    edited December 2009
    There's a weird glitch of some sort in the museum basement. When you get the mission to find the source of a noise that scares off security guards, you have to go through a door and this particular door seems to be very tempermental in the way that it opens and closes very quickly... Unless it requires a second person to hold the door open?

Either way, something to remember :)

(no point spoiling, as it doesn't seem to spoil anything - no information is given out about what happens etc.)
  • Options
    OpmystikOpmystik Posts: 1,720 New Member
    edited December 2009
    There's the room to the side that has pushable statues in it you have to play around with the one furthest from the door it opens up the door where the chest is and also seems to keep the door open and turns off the trap once you go through though the door keeps moving back in forth get the remains inspect the side and there's your way out. or buy the escape from tomb dust.
  • Options
    RachelioRachelio Posts: 10 New Member
    edited December 2009
    Hey I need help from the experts. I got to the basement of the museum and found the chest but cant get further than that. I'm not sure what I am supposed to do from here to find the noise. All help is appreciated. I cannot find the remains you speak of.
  • Options
    carlywycherleycarlywycherley Posts: 568 Member
    edited December 2009
    I can't complete that i have got in the basement through it and out still not complete when u find the remains the door won't let you go out again you need to mourn the remains to get the secret door open.
  • Options
    secretuk1965secretuk1965 Posts: 5,341 Member
    edited December 2009
    beggar1015 wrote 22/11/09 17:07 Subject: France - underneath the art museum - okay, I'm stumped

I've been - well, I should say my Sim has been wandering around the closed-off basement section of the art museum, investigating at the request of a local. There's several display cases of ***** and my Sim is given the option to add something. But the door to behind the cases is locked and for the life of me I can't figure out what more I can do to unlock this one door. I've solved the other rooms and found the treasures, but I still can't figure out what I'm supposed to pull/push/stand on/whatever to get this door unlocked.

i have been back and looked at this alltho i did do the task but if you look where the display cases are and the door there's floor lamps at the back of them, well looking from a down view there's not enough room to go through that door or get behind the display cases so it looks like that door is a fake door, think its put in to throw us off a bit.
  • Options
    ShelleybellyShelleybelly Posts: 2,587 Member
    edited December 2009
    This adventure is driving me crazy! I need to find to source of the sound but...

First attempt: Find the thingy that would open the hidden door. <check>
    got into the basement and with the help of another sim, pushed and pulled statues to unlock doors. <check>
    Had another sim stand on a trigger so I could get into a small room with a chest in it but no triggers on wall or floor that I could see.

Second attempt: managed to finally get into the room with the tall stone (cabinet?) mourned at the tombstone <check>
    ^ that led to a pop-up that said "thank you for remembering me (or something to that effect) I'll show you my secret exit from the museum"

Doing this I got a pop-up saying I solved the hidden basement (or something) but I still haven't found the source of the sound!!! *pulls hair out* In the room with the tombstone, I still see those bolts of light coming from the other side of the wall...a lot of dark areas still need to be discovered! And that area with electricity is still activated, I don't know how to disarm that!

Any suggestions as to where I should look next?
  • Options
    edited December 2009
    Anybody? :cry:
  • Options
    KittyWhiskersKittyWhiskers Posts: 240 New Member
    edited December 2009
    I'm trying to remember, Shelly....is this the same room with the door opening/closing that you cannot go through now? If so, the exit is to the left of that. Maybe if I had a screen shot, I could remember how to get you out. I'm stuck in China on an adventure I can't figure out right now.
  • Options
    edited December 2009
    I was able to make it out the hidden door on the left after mourning the tomb, but apparently that must have been a different adventure as it still says I need to find the source of the sound.

I read your thread about the China adventure, but I haven't made it there yet. Hope you get some tips or figure it out. It's fun but a little frustrating at times huh. LOL
  • Options
    edited December 2009
    Well, I think the source of the noise thing is the same one that you have to take the remains to the graveyard. There should have been a chest with remains in it after the hidden door on the left.
  • Options
    SketchElderSketchElder Posts: 3,517 New Member
    edited December 2009
    I believe you need to look inside the sarcophagus (tall stone cabinet) or a hole in the floor.
  • Options
    beggar1015beggar1015 Posts: 539 Member
    edited December 2009
    Shellybelly, in front of the tombstone where you mourned there should be a hole in the floor that you should inspect. You'll get something very important out of the hole.
  • Options
    smokeyfurnace188smokeyfurnace188 Posts: 2
    edited December 2009
    ok again i'm going to say I'm stuck i've gotten into the room with the chest containing a broken vase and some coins but I cannot get any further. Someone else posted this before but there has been no answer posted as to how we get to the room with the remains in it.
  • Options
    smokeyfurnace188smokeyfurnace188 Posts: 2
    edited December 2009
    discovered finally that you have to pull the lit lamp
  • Options
    tms272002tms272002 Posts: 686 New Member
    edited December 2009
    I was able to make it out the hidden door on the left after mourning the tomb, but apparently that must have been a different adventure as it still says I need to find the source of the sound.

I read your thread about the China adventure, but I haven't made it there yet. Hope you get some tips or figure it out. It's fun but a little frustrating at times huh. LOL

After you mourn the tomb go back up to the Egyptian section in the museum, not sure by walk near the two gold sarcophagus - It so happens my Sims decide to walk into that section and then it said go report in.
  • Options
    BlondieSim800BlondieSim800 Posts: 5 New Member
    edited December 2009
    So I have this mission figured out to the point of where I found out what was causing the sound, but (SPOILER) I don't know how to lay the museum curator's remains to rest. I went to the cemetery and all, and to the chest that's glowing, but for some reason it's not letting me put the remains in there. Is it a glitch or am I just not doing it right?
  • Options
    edited December 2009
    Blondie - first you have to "take all" from the chest. Then open it again, and drag the "remains" into it. That should work. Post if it doesn't....
  • Options
    SilaithweinSilaithwein Posts: 32 Member
    edited December 2009
    I'm on the same quest - what you have to do is open the box and then drag the remains to the blue box that opens, it wont work if you drag it directly to the chest.