Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Working custom careers?

I found that many of my custom careers broke with an update ages ago, and I haven't reinstalled them because it doesn't seem they have been recently updated. So, I was wondering are there any custom careers that are working at the moment? I used to download them mainly from modthesims, so if there are any other places where I can find working ones, I'd love to hear :)

Comments

• Options
    gettpsgettps Posts: 420 Member
    I never use them any more because they are the first things to break after updates and they take forever to get fixed.
  • Options
    ChazzzyChazzzy Posts: 7,166 Member
    edited January 2020
    I think I have 3 custom careers. I got 2 from MTS and the 3rd one is from MidniteTech (I believe is the spelling) on Tumblr.

Honestly I think custom careers kinda fell off for some people once they introduced the ability to name your own careers.
  • Options
    Susim62Susim62 Posts: 225 Member
    edited January 2020
    A lot of custom careers are made using Neia's career tool, which has not been updated in a while.
    The good news is, you can still use them, they still work, but your sim will not be paid leave.
    I'm using many custom careers in my game ( I love them, and get bored with the base game careers) and really don't have a problem with them.
    Oh, and yes MidniteTech has some really good ones.
  • Options
    asimbsimasimbsim Posts: 476 Member
    Chazzzy wrote: »
    I think I have 3 custom careers. I got 2 from MTS and the 3rd one is from MidniteTech (I believe is the spelling) on Tumblr.
    Susim62 wrote: »
    A lot of custom careers are made using Neia's career tool, which has not been updated in a while.
    The good news is, you can still use them, they still work, but your sim will not be paid leave.
    I'm using many custom careers in my game ( I love them, and get bored with the base game careers) and really don't have a problem with them.
    Oh, and yes MidniteTech has some really good ones.

Thank you - MidniteTec careers look really good, so I'll try adding a few of those :)

It's good to know the old cc careers still work - I used to use the Ultimate Careers quite a lot - I love the realistic military and sports ones! I'll give those a go again. I read somewhere yesterday that Neia had a baby IRL, which is why it hasnt been updated in a while, which I guess is a good reason :D

Thanks guys, I'll dive back into cc careers - I love them :)