Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

OK EA THAT is not even funny

I just installed the Tiny Living pack and did a little remodeling on my sims home to truly put it in the Tiny Home. It was evening, so the first thing I was going to do was have my sim pull down her new Murphy bed to go to sleep. In less than 10 seconds into live gameplay, this bed murdered my sim, leaving behind 2 small children.

83909827_1485634894920134_5951535142685114368_o.jpg?_nc_cat=106&_nc_ohc=S899OPMpKiQAX_yggz3&_nc_ht=scontent-dfw5-2.xx&oh=584ff903f5b6eb0d26475aab08d37e98&oe=5EDAED92

Before anyone says there is a warning moodlet, such as when a sim gets shocked by electricity or eaten by a cowplant, there is no warning moodlet this time.

Comments

• Options
    texxx78texxx78 Posts: 5,657 Member
    Lol, that Is totally funny. At last we have some real danger in the game.

Did you quit without saving?

Yeah, it's too hard to kill a sim (for the sake of the storyline of course ;) ) so that sounds good :)
  • Options
    texxx78texxx78 Posts: 5,657 Member
    edited January 2020
    logion wrote: »
    Drowning - Only if you intentionally try to drown your sim.
    Starving - Only if you really force your sim to not eat for a long time.
    Electric shock - Only if you get shocked twice.
    Fire - Only if you do not extinguish the fire.
    Murphy Bed - Kills you instantly

Ive tried all of this options and it's really really hard. Especially starving... almost impossible.
  • Options
    under_sun_and_skyunder_sun_and_sky Posts: 96 Member
    I'm sorry for your sim but that IS funny. I missed having SOME element of chance when it came to deaths, you have to really try to kill them in any other way. The same thing happened to James Turner's sim the first time he used it too lmao. I'm thinking the odds for that have to be pretty small. Did they ever say what the odds are of your sims dying like that?
    tumblr_pg992c6rBP1r42s8uo1_400.gifv
  • Options
    LaBlue0314LaBlue0314 Posts: 17,436 Member
    edited January 2020

I could have, but I choose not to. MCCC ended up moving the children in with their father who happens to be Brant Hecking.

82754541_1485721621578128_4061485877287714816_o.jpg?_nc_cat=102&_nc_ohc=ifG6GCsn63IAX8PYvKi&_nc_ht=scontent-dfw5-2.xx&oh=0c88ef80d58cc5a3a1bc74dcaaa64240&oe=5E96AF86

The new owner of the home ended up with a little surprise when she first moved in.

82793932_1485721511578139_2874840495631106048_o.jpg?_nc_cat=110&_nc_ohc=i9ob2b3PUMQAX-kXcj5&_nc_ht=scontent-dfw5-1.xx&oh=16b297f3f2ce1e5d6e27b6d13b420c45&oe=5E9B60E5

• Options
    LoanetLoanet Posts: 4,079 Member
    People have tried for hours to manage the Murphy Death so... it is funny, yes.
    Prepping a list of mods to add after Infants are placed into the game. Because real life isn't 'nice'.
  • Options
    Sigzy05Sigzy05 Posts: 19,406 Member
    edited January 2020
    LaBlue0314 wrote: »
    I just installed the Tiny Living pack and did a little remodeling on my sims home to truly put it in the Tiny Home. It was evening, so the first thing I was going to do was have my sim pull down her new Murphy bed to go to sleep. In less than 10 seconds into live gameplay, this bed murdered my sim, leaving behind 2 small children.

83909827_1485634894920134_5951535142685114368_o.jpg?_nc_cat=106&_nc_ohc=S899OPMpKiQAX_yggz3&_nc_ht=scontent-dfw5-2.xx&oh=584ff903f5b6eb0d26475aab08d37e98&oe=5EDAED92

Before anyone says there is a warning moodlet, such as when a sim gets shocked by electricity or eaten by a cowplant, there is no warning moodlet this time.

Just reload if you don't want your sim dead....honestly I think you just had bad luck. The chance of your sim dying from the bed when it's not broken is very thin.

And yeah...that was pretty funny.
    mHdgPlU.jpg?1
  • Options
    JACKIEJOYJACKIEJOY Posts: 802 Member
    A question. Do items keep upgrades on the gallery? I have a few Sims with max handiness. I could either put them up or have them upgrade each bed, put the beds in a box and then put the bed box on the gallery.
  • Options
    PatricePatrice Posts: 361 Member
    Dare I spend the money on this pack?
  • Options
    ChazzzyChazzzy Posts: 7,166 Member
    edited January 2020
    LaBlue0314 wrote: »

This happened to me last night as well! I just got done revamping a tiny house, went into live mode and told my Sim to put the Murphy bed down. I immediately saw the Grim Reaper.

There was nothing fun about it.
  • Options
    UnknownGamerUnknownGamer Posts: 77 Member
    The only true random death in this game. All others require input from the player to cause their death and often give second chances.

Maybe it should be tuned so that your Sim only has a chance of dying if they were in a bad mood or had low needs at the time of being squished, like it was in Sims 2.

Same happened to me, my Sim got his brand new Murphy bed only to be squished by it upon putting it down for the first time.

I invited him back when he was a ghost and it’s sorta fun having to drain other Sims of their energy to fill their own. Ghosts that been crushed by Murphy beds can’t sleep as they are afraid of ALL beds.
  • Options
    LaBlue0314LaBlue0314 Posts: 17,436 Member
    edited January 2020
    JACKIEJOY wrote: »
    A question. Do items keep upgrades on the gallery?

I wished they did, but they don't. Even the rocket ship when it is completed doesn't, that was how I discovered the answer to this question.
  • Options
    simsplayer86simsplayer86 Posts: 33 Member
    I had two Sims die in a row their first time putting the bed down when I was playtesting a build I was making. I'm going to try and remember to save my game right before they use it from now on.
  • Options
    CheekyimpCheekyimp Posts: 124 Member
    After seeing so many youtubers sims die on trying that bed, some times on the very first try, on unbroken beds, I've downloaded a mod to prevent deaths, its not a risk I am willing to take (but I want to use the bed!)
  • Options
    OnverserOnverser Posts: 3,364 Member
    edited January 2020
    For me I'm not a big fan of the death honestly that's the one negative, I like playing with small households and the same sims for long periods of time so them suddenly rip-ing when I just want them to sleep would be argh. I saw a mod to disable the death so I'll probably just get that if i buy the pack
    Post edited by Onverser on
  • Options
    SimAlexandriaSimAlexandria Posts: 4,845 Member
    edited January 2020
    The only true random death in this game. All others require input from the player to cause their death and often give second chances.

Maybe it should be tuned so that your Sim only has a chance of dying if they were in a bad mood or had low needs at the time of being squished, like it was in Sims 2.

Same happened to me, my Sim got his brand new Murphy bed only to be squished by it upon putting it down for the first time.

I invited him back when he was a ghost and it’s sorta fun having to drain other Sims of their energy to fill their own. Ghosts that been crushed by Murphy beds can’t sleep as they are afraid of ALL beds.

My Sims have accidentally died from fires a lot, haha. And emotional deaths

Also, they freeze or burn to death in the summer/winter constantly without my input. I'm one who does not like my Sims to die so it's really annoying lol.
    Post edited by SimAlexandria on
  • Options
    Kita5399Kita5399 Posts: 2,112 Member
    For those that don’t mind mods, this one stops deaths completely. I think there is one by LittleMsSam that makes the bed break less as well.
    https://icemunmun.blogspot.com/2020/01/no-death-murphy-bed.html?m=1
  • Options
    katrinasforestkatrinasforest Posts: 1,002 Member
    Eh, I've got gardeners. This just means one of them is going to plant that very expensive Death Flower she got in the Magic Realm. ^_^
    Watch me mash together Sims and Pokémon to tell a story about battling glitches in Penny Saves Paldea. Updated every other Thursday.
  • Options
    ScobreScobre Posts: 20,665 Member
    I love the death and so happy to have the Murphy bed death again. I did hear upgrading doesn't prevent the death still, so I wouldn't mind that part getting patches. I just hope they don't nerf the Murphy bed deaths because it is fun to have them around and very therapeutic having more ways to kill my Sims.
    “Although the world is full of suffering, it is full also of the overcoming of it.” –Helen Keller
  • Options
    Glimmer50Glimmer50 Posts: 2,365 Member
    Finally!! Something that might kill a Sim. Most of my sims have never died from anything but old age. I did have one sim die from mortification early on when the game was new. I had one almost die from being to happy. Oh and I had one sim die from whoo hooo forgot about that. He was old though. Sorry about your sim.
  • Options
    haisinhaisin Posts: 948 Member
    I'm jealous :smiley: I had to try to kill my sim for two days (though yes I wasn't trying all the time), but I'm rather sure she put the bed up and down about twenty times, got smacked by the bed at least ten times and yet only two times she was killed by it.

(Two because well... when she finally died for the first time, her daughter was there crying and then I noticed there was an interaction to wail her mother's death at Grim Reaper and I thought "hmm what is this? I thought she would only be able to plead for her mother's life which I'd never do! But what is this? Is she just going to wail at Grim Reaper, let's try this! And it turned out also the wailing could save her mother...)

Also, I noticed that when she died, she had to have two uncomfortable moodlets and those had to be the first moodlets, but maybe it's just coincidence.
  • Options
    GalacticGalGalacticGal Posts: 28,570 Member
    edited January 2020

Real danger... in the form of a bed. Not exactly what I was looking for.

Is Sims4 your first Sims game? I ask, because Murphy beds have always been a hazard. I think in RL they may have been, too. :open_mouth: Sorry about your Sim. That bites.
    You can download (free) all three volumes of my Night Whispers Star Trek Fanfiction here: http://galacticgal.deviantart.com/gallery/ You'll need to have a pdf reader. New websites: http://www.trekkiefanfiction.com/st-tos.php
    http://www.getfreeebooks.com/star-trek-original-series-fan-fiction-trilogy/
  • Options
    HermitgirlHermitgirl Posts: 8,825 Member
    I hope they don't nerf this. So far no deaths for me from the bed but I love the possibility.
    egTcBMc.png