Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

neighborhood corruption questions

SPARKY1922SPARKY1922 Posts: 5,965 Member
I am wondering if I use one particular neighborhood just for testing mods, lots, objects and the like and something corrupts that neighborhood can the corruption spread to another neighborhood I am playing in as well?

Also if I use the same family from the bin in 2 separate neighborhoods will that cause any issues such as clone sims or walkbyes in different neighborhoods?

I have tried to search for info on this but cannot find anything conclusive so thought I had better ask first-)

I spend so much time in 3 then jump back to 2 and forget important game differences lol :)

Comments

• Options
    CinebarCinebar Posts: 33,618 Member
    edited January 2020
    No, and No. Mods or hacks that are global can affect all hoods or all Sims. Mods that are object defined will not corrupt other hoods.

As far as using the same Sims only if you had moved them in a house to a different hood would both hoods be corrupted. Making them in BS and using a copy of them in other hoods does not cause corruption. The premades Maxis made should not cause any corruption that you would notice if the game is all patched up with all patches, including game patch, and all EPs. They are divided by hoods and should only be used in those hoods as they have relationships already to some living in hoods. Those that came in EPs can be used in all hoods, such as that guy with the dog, came in Pets, The Ottomas family was patched not to cause any corruption and if in bin when you start a hood can be used there.

Note: some comp packs in TS2UC does not contain some patches, comp packs are packs like Fun With Pets etc. Or Double Deluxe etc. that TS2UC uses. ETA: It's not to say they don't have a patch for a particular pack or stuff pack, however, the patch is made void in some cases in some of those comp packs. Therefore, same as not having a comp pack patched. TS2UC is a bit more buggy because of this rather than the base game patch and each EP or Stuff pack patch with individual discs instead of TS2UC.

Examples: Ottomas family is safe to use in all hoods if they appear in bin after you start a new hood. Not safe to move are families like in Pleasantview, who you see in bin. Those are particular to that hood, don't try to move those Sims to a different bin in a different hood. They are kin (seen in basegame bins) to those who live in that hood. Any EP Sims such as the Indian couple, Ottomas, or that guy with the dogs, if they appear when you load a new hood are safe to play or move in. Or like that guy that cooks. Sorry rarely play them so I forgot their names. ETA: Also another EP family is the family with the two teens raising some kids, they are safe to use in all hoods if they appear in the bins.

ETA: Just a final note, some old mods etc. do not play nice with TS2UC, make sure all your mods and or hacks say they were specfically made for TS2UC, it's not always necessary but a good idea to recheck if the creator ever updated to TS2UC because some of well known mods actually don't work like they should with TS2UC because of the comp packs. Some mods will say they won't work with those comp packs if you find them on the wayback machine.
    "Games Are Not The Place To Tell Stories, Games Are Meant To Let People Tell Their Own Stories"...Will Wright.
  • Options
    @Cinebar

Thank you for clarifying I knew about not moving sims to other neighborhoods and/or into the bin with lots etc but could not remember if one corrupted neighborhood could affect another and I absolutely forgot about mods so it's probably best I remove those until last and finish off with some further testing then. I hear what you say about some mods not playing nice with UC and I try to be careful by running them through the hack conflict checker but some mods are essential to my style of play so if they don't show as a conflict I play with them in.

I never knew about the patch situation regarding UC so I am going to assume from what you have written that the UC version of the game is always going to be more prone to issues by default then. I have the discs bought and put away just in case I ever need them but have never played the disc version yet due to several articles I came across that blamed the S2 discs for destroying PC hardware for one reason or another so that always put me off as I have pretty expensive hardwear I would prefer not to have to replace suddenly lol

Which version of the game are you playing? I was wondering if you have payed both versions and which version you thought was better?
  • Options
    sunblondsunblond Posts: 1,035 Member
    I used the cleaned hoods by meetmetotheriver and I haven't had issues with crashes or corruption in my saves, so I think that it helped.
    Origin ID is: sobenewbie
  • Options
    Hi @sunblond

I am relatively new to the 2 series and still getting used to the differences from years of playing 3. I have looked at the cleaned hoods you mention before but as yet I feel it's a little over my head at the moment but on my to do list for the future when I can give it more time.
  • Options
    TadOlsonTadOlson Posts: 11,380 Member
    @SPARKY1922 -I've played the older disks on my old laptop for years and towns would sometimes get corrupted on me and it did crash more because it was a slower computer.I also play TS2 UC now and have managed to avoid corruption by using Mods to stop corruption situaitons from happening.I have moved them between neighborhoods without corruption before within the same town like from the main district to a shopping district or downtown district and it's not much different from moving houses.
    44620367775_0442f830c1_n.jpg
  • Options
    edited January 2020
    SPARKY1922 wrote: »
    @Cinebar

Thank you for clarifying I knew about not moving sims to other neighborhoods and/or into the bin with lots etc but could not remember if one corrupted neighborhood could affect another and I absolutely forgot about mods so it's probably best I remove those until last and finish off with some further testing then. I hear what you say about some mods not playing nice with UC and I try to be careful by running them through the hack conflict checker but some mods are essential to my style of play so if they don't show as a conflict I play with them in.

I never knew about the patch situation regarding UC so I am going to assume from what you have written that the UC version of the game is always going to be more prone to issues by default then. I have the discs bought and put away just in case I ever need them but have never played the disc version yet due to several articles I came across that blamed the S2 discs for destroying PC hardware for one reason or another so that always put me off as I have pretty expensive hardwear I would prefer not to have to replace suddenly lol

Which version of the game are you playing? I was wondering if you have payed both versions and which version you thought was better?

I still have the TS2 base installed. But also have TS2UC installed but not tied to Origin. When I removed Origin from my pc, I moved out the TS2UC folders so they wouldn't be uninstalled. Then put them back in under the folder called Origin Games. This allowed me to keep TS2UC and keep playing without ever being bothered by Origin again and or having to update TS2UC. As long as the Origin Games folder remains inside your program files (and it isn't uninstalled when you unistall Origin) you can continue to play TS2UC if you never patch with Origin.

EA gave me TS2UC in 2014. I'm not a fan of the comp packs because as you say they have bugs the discs and patches will not have. I'm also not a fan of M&G since it bugged out placing stairs next to an existing wall and that annoying salute animation when Sims walk outside (even if snowing) in M&G (holding hand at eye to shade sunshine). I played many years without it installed since I was annoyed by those things. But as far now I have TS2UC installed, but removed Origin three years ago.

Just recently did I reinstall Origin to load TS4, however, was disappointed as usual and strongly thinking about uninstalling it again. ETA: For now I have that Qwebhelper. exe disabled as it is just spyware phoning home anytime you are connected to internet.
    "Games Are Not The Place To Tell Stories, Games Are Meant To Let People Tell Their Own Stories"...Will Wright.
  • Options
    Hi @TadOlson

Thanks for the insight I always use anti-corruption mods with UC as well. If I was having a go a discs, I would be using them on win7 OS that never touches the internet but while my UC is behaving I will stick with it on Win 10-)

Hi @Cinebar

I have UC installed on my windows 7 OS (non internet hard drive) in a similar manner to the way you describe and i don't have to sign into Origin to play UC on my windows internet on win10 OS either but I think this is because I never updated the last update in Origin which apparently stopped players from being able to play without logging into Origin first.

It's weird for me because I still have so much to learn with 2 and of course I never got the advantage of playing one pack at a time like I have with the 3 series I got the whole series in one go which is taking me quite a while to wrap my head around and explore fully as it's much more involved than even 3 at times. I played until I came across annoyances I really could not stand and then found a mod to stop whatever it was so i have no real idea what bugs/annoyances came out with each different packs.

I have tried 4 several times but can only play for short periods before going back to series 2&3 however I have no idea what Qwebhelper. exe is and hope my various add stoppers, antivirus and malware programs prevent whatever that might be able to be trying to do-)

You obviously have a lot of knowledge concerning the 2 series thank you for coming back with further info :)
  • Options
    I don't know if I do or not, but thank you and you are welcome. It's the only game I cared enough to mod and build cc for it.