Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Let me get this straight, entire stuff pack based on saving space, and you didn't add bunk beds?

Comments

• Options
    Sigzy05Sigzy05 Posts: 19,406 Member
    edited January 2020
    I don't understand why making bunk beds is so hard... they just have to do the top bunk and animate a sim going up the latter to the bed and sleep. I'm thinking they are worried about how multitasking would work on the top bunk, because sims can sit on the border of the beds in this iteration...but that's the thing, they just wouldn't be able to do that, they'd just go up and sleep. But.....the engineers at Maxis must have a better reason idk.
    mHdgPlU.jpg?1
  • Options
    IceyJIceyJ Posts: 4,641 Member
    Allegedly, it‘s so difficult to implement. I wonder how they managed to add them 9 years ago. They must have had magicians in the team back then.

9 years ago, they weren't added in a stuff pack. We'll get bunk beds eventually, but they'll come in either a game pack or expansion pack.
  • Options
    saiedensaieden Posts: 60 Member
    I think I'm just tired of excuses. Remember they originally said toddlers weren't even possible. They gave excuses for swimming pools too (although they did get over that one quickly)

This is a pack about minimizing the footprint of your house. Bunk beds should have been a HUGE part of that, and so should have spiral stairs or at the very least ladders. Those would have frankly made far more sense than the murphy bed and are all a whole lot more common in real life.
  • Options
    luthienrisingluthienrising Posts: 37,628 Member
    @saieden They never said Toddlers weren't possible.
    EA CREATOR NETWORK MEMBER — Want to be notified of patches, new Broken Mods threads, and urgent Sims 4 news? Follow me at https://www.patreon.com/luthienrising.
  • Options
    Am I confusing toddlers with non-object babies? Could have sworn it was toddlers though
  • Options
    saieden wrote: »
    Am I confusing toddlers with non-object babies? Could have sworn it was toddlers though

I don't think they've said it about babies, either, actually! The only thing I can recall it for is open world.
    EA CREATOR NETWORK MEMBER — Want to be notified of patches, new Broken Mods threads, and urgent Sims 4 news? Follow me at https://www.patreon.com/luthienrising.
  • Options
    Its been years now so memories are foggy at best, but I vaguely remember something about how they couldn't get sims to stop dropping babies on the floor so they just made them objects.
  • Options
    VYXVYX Posts: 19 Member
    > @saieden said:
    > This is a pack about minimizing the footprint of your house. Bunk beds should have been a HUGE part of that, and so should have spiral stairs or at the very least ladders. Those would have frankly made far more sense than the murphy bed and are all a whole lot more common in real life.

They could also have made an objects with 2 functions to save space, like a functional bookshelf under a bed/ottoman instead of just a decor, a coffee table that works as a dining table (sims kneeling/sitting on the floor combined with eating animation), loveseat+lounge chair that functions as a bed, reclining sofa, and many others that I couldn't think of. So much potential 😔
  • Options
    Ooooh I wish they'd make the city living bookshelf/ottoman functional - I would use it more (currently it annoys me with its evil teasing books glued to the shelf)
  • Options
    LoanetLoanet Posts: 4,079 Member
    "I don't WANT bunk-beds to be free, I want them NOW!"
    Prepping a list of mods to add after Infants are placed into the game. Because real life isn't 'nice'.
  • Options
    @Loanet, that's just silly. People have wanted bunk beds for years now, and there were a few packs they would have thematically fit with but sadly didn't seem to be considered important enough. We have not had any sort of promise of them being an option of a free update (at least that I can find)
  • Options
    jooxisjooxis Posts: 515 Member
    edited January 2020
    Bunk beds are too difficult to implement? Either their developers aren't very good or the foundation of code they created is flimsy... or the budget for stuff packs is so ridiculously miniscule which then wouldn't justify their over-pricedness
  • Options
    PlayerSinger2010PlayerSinger2010 Posts: 3,267 Member
    Allegedly, it‘s so difficult to implement. I wonder how they managed to add them 9 years ago. They must have had magicians in the team back then.

They were glitchy as hell in TS3. My kids would always be going through the walls while climbing down.
  • Options
    KaeChan2089KaeChan2089 Posts: 4,944 Member
    jooxis wrote: »
    Bunk beds are too difficult to implement? Either their developers aren't very good or the foundation of code they created is flimsy... or the budget for stuff packs is so ridiculously miniscule which then wouldn't justify their over-pricedness

Most likely both.
  • Options
    ChampandGirlieChampandGirlie Posts: 2,482 Member
    I do think that patching in ladders later for making lofts makes sense. Those are common in tiny homes.

Eh, I'm happy to see the murphy bed, but yes, there are different ways to make tiny living.

As was mentioned above, there might be an issue with roof heights for bunk beds and lofts but hopefully, they can resolve it. I'd be ok with just getting the ladder and adding a loft as a second story.

I am generally happy with this pack idea though.
    Champ and Girlie are dogs.
  • Options
    Oh I do like the idea of the pack. Quite a lot of the gallery has beautiful tiny homes I've always enjoyed (especially as starter homes) and getting bill discounts for it is a nice idea. I just feel like they missed some rather big opportunities with this.
  • Options
    VYX wrote: »
    > @saieden said:
    > This is a pack about minimizing the footprint of your house. Bunk beds should have been a HUGE part of that, and so should have spiral stairs or at the very least ladders. Those would have frankly made far more sense than the murphy bed and are all a whole lot more common in real life.

They could also have made an objects with 2 functions to save space, like a functional bookshelf under a bed/ottoman instead of just a decor, a coffee table that works as a dining table (sims kneeling/sitting on the floor combined with eating animation), loveseat+lounge chair that functions as a bed, reclining sofa, and many others that I couldn't think of. So much potential 😔

They did that :) There are combined objects.
  • Options
    GoldmoldarGoldmoldar Posts: 11,966 Member
    edited January 2020
    logion wrote: »
    I agree, bunk beds, loft beds should have been a priority. Found this about bunk beds, I knew Graham had mentioned it once:

2 years ago and bunk beds was never added to any of the expansion packs or the game packs they released. I guess other things took priority...

Maybe he figured over time some will forget so he said what he said and two years is an long time, so he figured wrong here we are today having the same discussion. EA/Maxis is going to do what fits their narrtive and plan, maybe feed the customer an tidbit here and there. As far as expenses goes if an program is doing real well an item that is popular asked for may increase sales so I do not buy into the exclusion of certain items.
    Omen by HP Intel®️ Core™️ i9- 12900K W/ RGB Liquid Cooler 32GB Nvidia RTX 3080 10Gb ASUS Ultra-Wide 34" Curved Monitor. Omen By HP Intel® Core™ i7-12800HX 32 GB Nvidia 3070 Ti 8 GB 17.3 Screen
  • Options
    AquaGamer1212AquaGamer1212 Posts: 5,417 Member
    We already have a ladder climbing animation. Take the animation from the toddlers getting into bed and apply it to the top bunk (just an fyi I don’t know if that’s possible but just what makes sense to me 🤷‍♀️).
    ts4_blossom_meadows_world_icon_gif_fan_art_by_hazzaplumbob-d.gif

• Options
    Jordan061102Jordan061102 Posts: 3,918 Member

I'm sorry but @SimGuruNinja this is your job!? You're getting paid for it! As a student I can't go to my exams unprepared because it was "to difficult" to revise and except having a diploma. I'm tired of this world where mediocrity became "normal".
    Lu4ERme.gif
  • Options
    Jordan061102Jordan061102 Posts: 3,918 Member
    edited January 2020

I'm sorry but @SimGuruNinja this is your job!? You're getting paid for it! As a student I can't go to my exams unprepared because it was "to difficult" to revise and except having a diploma. I'm tired of this world where mediocrity became "normal".

As a student, you have only 24 hours a day to study in; you can't fit 26 hours of studying into that time. You have 2 or 3 hours to write an exam; you can't write a 4-hour exam in that time, and you'd surely be upset if you were expected to and told it's your fault if you can't finish the exam properly in that time.

Nobody has every said that bunk beds are too difficult to do. They've said that they can't fit that difficulty level in a stuff pack.

Still it's their job! They had 2 packs where they could implement them and didn't. Parenthood and University. That's pure laziness I'm sorry everybody with decent reasoning can see it. They have time to add extra things we don't want and nobody cares about but not for what we're asking for since day 1. I'm sorry, I have a brain, I'm not buying that.

Plus "student'' was just an example, maybe not the best one but anyway it's the same for EVERY job. When you got a job, you gotta do it right!
    Lu4ERme.gif
  • Options
    Moon_WillowMoon_Willow Posts: 732 Member
    edited January 2020
    I much rather prefer that bunk beds come in a patch or a larger pack than a stuff pack. If they come in a stuff pack we are limited to the one or two versions that come with the stuff pack and we won't get any others. If they come in a patch it means they can add different versions to subsequent packs or we could get a tool that configure any single bed into a bunk bed in a similar way to how the stair tool can now configure any of the stairs.
    Post edited by Moon_Willow on
    tsNVdyA.png
    Gallery ID: Truet318, check out my latest builds on the gallery.

The Road goes ever on and on And I must follow, if I can,
    Until it joins some larger way,
    Where many paths and errands meet.