Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

I feel like university made the npc issue worse

I see a bunch of random townies everywhere even worse than befofe

Comments

• Options
    LaBlue0314LaBlue0314 Posts: 17,436 Member
    They would be university students and professors being created. But I too have noticed the sheer number of new sims that the game is creating.
  • Options
    BeardedgeekBeardedgeek Posts: 5,520 Member
    Minai wrote: »
    I see a bunch of random townies everywhere even worse than befofe

If you haven't added enough young adults in your game, the game of course create random townies.
    What did you expect?

Also, this is why i always fill my game with downloaded households and place them as "not in world". I think I only had 5 or so truly random townies as student (total, over both campuses).
    Origin ID: A_Bearded_Geek
  • Options
    logionlogion Posts: 4,722 Member
    I hope that the reason is because the game wants to generate students... and not that the game will generate more random townies overall. I really don't like random townies.

I use NPC Control and MC Command center so my students are mostly unplayed sims that I have downloaded from the gallery.
  • Options
    I use MCCC too and the old "how to create townies" thing: Download a household, then cancel the placement procedure when you're at the move in screen. That make them "not in world" and so the game can use them.
  • Options
    UnknownGamerUnknownGamer Posts: 77 Member
    By default the game always seems to generate new townies for most of the NPC roles. There’s only a few roles like Gym trainer, Librarian, Mixologist...etc where the game uses existing sims if there are any.

For some reason the game likes to generate 5 maids, 5 mailmen...etc and it equals a whole lot of townies.

I use NPC Control. It forces the game to use existing Sims rather than generate new ones, if there are sims available. Also it doesn’t touch special NPC’s like pollinator or Grim Reaper. I just fill my world with gallery sims so that they are chosen. My save has 300 sims in it and the only Sims that were randomly generated were Servos from Uni.
  • Options
    I use NPC Control. It forces the game to use existing Sims rather than generate new ones

Do you have a link to that one?

• Options
    Saga-MinxSaga-Minx Posts: 580 Member

I use NPC Control. It forces the game to use existing Sims rather than generate new ones

Do you have a link to that one?

Isn't that the mod from Paulson? Don't you need to pay monthly for the updates now?
  • Options
    starcrunchstarcrunch Posts: 672 Member
    edited January 2020
    It is from Paulson, but there is free release on his website. Paying gets one access to pre-releses and dev builds and some extra features, but the free release has all the things needed to correct the issues being discussed in this thread and it's kept up-to-date with the game version. I use the current free version and it works just fine to suppress townie generation with uni, but I also have loads of sims (simsontherope has a ton of service sims on his Tumblr that I used to give me plenty of DJ's, bartenders, etc.).

Not sure if it's a ToU violation to link it so I'm not going to.
    OriginID: CrunchedStars