Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Holiday sale at Origin

Expansion Packs are 50% off, Game Packs 25% off.
Simmerville on Youtube | My blog is updated weekly: Simmerville's Sims<br>a.jpg

Comments

• Options
    kittymeowkittymeow Posts: 7,338 Member
    Thanks to this thread I've just treated myself to Discover University and Island Living. :)
  • Options
    Atreya33Atreya33 Posts: 4,429 Member
    Thanks for the heads up. Any news on how long the sale will last?
  • Options
    SimmervilleSimmerville Posts: 11,674 Member
    kittymeow wrote: »
    Thanks to this thread I've just treated myself to Discover University and Island Living. :)

Wondering if I should say "You're welcome" or "Sorry...". Either way you're set for weeks of fun :)
  • Options
    GordyGordy Posts: 3,022 Member
    What do they have against Stuff Packs? I was actually planning on buying some.
    TS1_dragons_hatching.jpg
    The Sims 4 hasn't introduced a new musical instrument since 2017
  • Options
    EnkiSchmidtEnkiSchmidt Posts: 5,343 Member
    Gordy wrote: »

I feel you! There's literally one single object I want from Vintage Glamour (the bar).

Last year they had selected SPs discounted for short periods of time, I got the Bowling one this way. Maybe they'll do something similar again next year. Other than that the only time I saw an SP discounted was when Origin had a sale for all their games.
  • Options
    Mariefoxprice83Mariefoxprice83 Posts: 8,109 Member
    edited December 2019
    Yeah, I was going to get Laundry Day if it went on sale, but it kinda doesn't matter for me now anyway because my Origin is messed up and won't let me download the latest patch and I can only play offline at the moment.
    Better to reign in Hell, than serve in Heaven.
  • Options
    EricasFreePlayEricasFreePlay Posts: 849 Member
    Thanks for this. I just built a bundle and got Seasons (EP), Realm Of Magic (GP), and Moschino Stuff (SP).
  • Options
    HoveraelHoverael Posts: 1,230 Member
    edited December 2019
    BYOB still shows 28% off even though i've deleted the cache twice in the past few hours. i'm assuming it is meant to be like that?

I'm actually considering DU because there is a good response to it even though there are no new traits and the like. However because of BYOB's uncertainty, i don't know if i should consider getting Get to Work and Strangerville instead, even though that might cost me slightly more.

I already have expansions: Get Together, Cats & Dogs, Seasons, Get Famous and City Living.
    Packs: Fitness Stuff, Parenthood, Dine Out, Perfect Patio Stuff and Holiday Celebrations.
  • Options
    DeKayDeKay Posts: 81,602 Member
    edited December 2019
    Sweet. Maybe I could go get DU. But like, I don't even play the game that often anymore and just bought RoM which I haven't even played yet. LOL.
    My Top Song of the Day: Innocence by Avril Lavigne
    x3vZicL.gif
  • Options
    FaberriesFaberries Posts: 1,354 Member
    I’m still missing a game and stuff pack, but i need to save my money :confounded: to those who do get something from the sale, i hope you’ll have fun :blush:
    Star Wind Flower Sun
  • Options
    nerdfashionnerdfashion Posts: 5,947 Member
    Looks like I'm gonna buy DU on Monday...
    funny-gifs20.gif

• Options
    SimmyFroggySimmyFroggy Posts: 1,762 Member
    Atreya33 wrote: »

All the way until January. "OFFER EXPIRES JANUARY 3, 2020 AT 10AM PST."
  • Options
    DaWaterRatDaWaterRat Posts: 3,355 Member
    Good. I should have cash arriving for the holidays, I can set some aside for gaming (after PBS Premium and a Zoo membership.)
  • Options
    ryttu3kryttu3k Posts: 1,148 Member
    Frustrated at the lack of SPs, that's all I have left to get!
  • Options
    sinrasinra Posts: 72 Member
    Well, looks like I'll be gifting some packs to guild mates this year.

I agree with @ryttu3k though, I only have a couple of SPs missing and I've been waiting for sales.
  • Options
    RouensimsRouensims Posts: 4,858 Member
    edited December 2019
    Gordy wrote: »

Agreed! I have everything but a handful of Stuff Packs.

Even CDKeys doesn't have any real discounts.
    Ooh Be Gah!! Whipna Choba-Dog? Whipna Choba-Dog!! :smiley:
  • Options
    Mariefoxprice83Mariefoxprice83 Posts: 8,109 Member
    Yeah, I have been after a good discount on Laundry Day for months...no luck.
    Better to reign in Hell, than serve in Heaven.
  • Options
    Can anyone confirm the BYOB pricing (in percentage) at this point? I haven't been able to get a reliable answer out of Origin.
  • Options
    joRN1414joRN1414 Posts: 1,669 Member
    edited December 2019
    Ok, I'll get DU at that price. Through Origin with 50% discount and an additional 10% for buying through Origin... $17.99US
    "Life is a banquet and most poor suckers are starving to death!" -Auntie Mame
  • Options
    DeKayDeKay Posts: 81,602 Member
    Hoverael wrote: »
    Can anyone confirm the BYOB pricing (in percentage) at this point? I haven't been able to get a reliable answer out of Origin.

I'm from Singapore and BYOB means Bring Your Own Bag, so I got confused a bit. XD
    But other than that, I can't check this for you cuz I have almost all the packs already.
    My Top Song of the Day: Innocence by Avril Lavigne
    x3vZicL.gif
  • Options
    SimmervilleSimmerville Posts: 11,674 Member

I get 37% off on a bundle. I'm not getting the extra 10% Access discount.
  • Options

I get 37% off on a bundle. I'm not getting the extra 10% Access discount.

37% hmm. my origin launcher isn't giving any useful readings despite multiple cache clearances. Thank you.
    I might have the purge the launcher from the computer, root and stem and try again. i'll try keep the games installed if possible, rather not have to go through days worth of downloading again.
    DeKay wrote: »

I'm from Singapore and BYOB means Bring Your Own Bag, so I got confused a bit. XD
    But other than that, I can't check this for you cuz I have almost all the packs already.

BYOB - Build your own Bundle. :tongue:
  • Options
    BluegayleBluegayle Posts: 4,186 Member
    Whatever happened to BYOB? Bring your own bottle? I'm so old. :D
    "Every child matters. If we fail our children, we are bound to fail our present, our future, faith, cultures, and civilizations as well."
    ZO6GpFg.jpg

AHQ Champion
  • Options
    BluegayleBluegayle Posts: 4,186 Member
    Atreya33 wrote: »

All the way until January. "OFFER EXPIRES JANUARY 3, 2020 AT 10AM PST."

Oh thats good. I have entered so many contests but no luck so far. Hopefully I can have enough by then. Great & Grandkids came first for Christmas. <3
    "Every child matters. If we fail our children, we are bound to fail our present, our future, faith, cultures, and civilizations as well."
    ZO6GpFg.jpg

AHQ Champion
  • Options
    Just out of curiousity i look around other places that sell TS4 and their DLC content and i noticed Amazon UK are still selling DU at full price despite the 50% sale on DU in Origin.

i'm not going to decide on anything just yet, got over a week to commit to something.