Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Foxbury camera issues?

Is there a way to stop the camera bouncing all over the place when following my sim anywhere on campus at the Foxbury Institute? It's awful. I'm playing my first sim at this university and following him around is just horrible to watch. The camera keeps bouncing away from him and trailing upwards all the time. Is anybody else experiencing this or is my game broken some how?

Comments

• Options
    DoloresGreyDoloresGrey Posts: 3,490 Member
    Hm, weird. I am not experiencing this.
    -probably just playing Phasmophobia :p
  • Options
    SimmervilleSimmerville Posts: 11,674 Member
    I know that bouncing feeling in Foxbury, but if you change the angle/direction or zoom in closer to your sim, you will find ways to reduce the problem. It happens because you have attached the camera to a sim (right click thumb), and when he passes a tall building the camera will jump to top level of that building even if the sim is on the ground. It was like this in TS3 too, if the landscape was too steep and sim got too close.
    Simmerville on Youtube | My blog is updated weekly: Simmerville's Sims<br>a.jpg
  • Options
    loubyloulouloubyloulou Posts: 4,467 Member
    Yes, it's not just you, I get this too - most annoying.
  • Options
    SharoniaSharonia Posts: 4,853 Member
    I'm glad to see it's not just me. It's horrible. I love the expansion but this is really putting me off sending anymore sims to Foxbury. It's a shame really cause aesthetically it's my favorite of the two universities.
  • Options
    ChazzzyChazzzy Posts: 7,166 Member
    This happens for me in San Myshuno.
  • Options
    EgonVMEgonVM Posts: 4,937 Member
    Well, it's because of university buildings. As they don't disappear when zooming in as in The Sims 3, the camera is made to bounce on top of them.
  • Options
    DoloresGreyDoloresGrey Posts: 3,490 Member
    edited December 2019
    Actually, I've just realized this happens when my sim is having a promotion. The promotion is between two tall buildings and there it does bounce.
    -probably just playing Phasmophobia :p
  • Options
    asimbsimasimbsim Posts: 476 Member
    Yes I have this too and it drives me bonkers! And then if I zoom in too closely when my sim is waiting for class then the camera shoots up again and I lose sight of my sim - by which point class has started and they're stuck going into class at the same time as another sim - so by the time I'm sorted out the camera and got back to my sim, I have to reset them and then they've missed half of their class :s I've stopped living in the towers at Foxbury because it was just too all over the place with the cameras it felt unplayable. I've found that living in the house there seems to have a better angle and so there is less bouncing, but you cant see them as well. Honestly, if my sims go to Foxbury now I have them live off campus because it just feels like I'm being flung all over the place!
  • Options
    sinrasinra Posts: 72 Member
    This is precisely why the sim I sent to Foxbury moved back home after his second term. A shame, really.
  • Options
    bdpeckeabdpeckea Posts: 2 New Member
    The Sim 3 cam option doesn't fix the elevation issues and it is a serious complaint that has plagued the GUI since day one. No one at EA or Maxis seems to care that this could be totally eliminated without hurting game play. You should be able to zoom in on any sim on any floor without being "bounced" around. We adapt our habits because the game rocks, but we shouldn't have to seeing we can't play without logging onto EA (another bone to pick). Dear EA/Maxis: Get rid of of autofocus please.
  • Options
    keekee53keekee53 Posts: 4,328 Member
    I am experiencing this too. I actually prefer the Foxbury campus because of the modern feel but between the bouncing camera and the getting off the bike to take the stairs the campus feels like they did not think about the design choices outside of it being pretty. It would have been nice to have a bike ramp next to the stairs sims could have taken.