Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

MCC Setting Question

for those who use mccc do you know how to change the setting to make townies get into relationships, get married, have kids etc on their own?

or if mccc automatically does this is there a way to like make it happen more frequently.

just feel like every sim I’ve added to the world, over time I introduce my sims to them and they’re always single and I just feel there is no progression for any sims but my own.

Comments

• Options
    ierolovrr31ierolovrr31 Posts: 52 Member
    edited December 2019
    To get townies to get married and have children, you have to have the MC pregnancy module in your mods folder, and then you can select it in-game at the computer with the other MC modules, hope this makes sense!

I use this module, you can change the days the checks run, and what percentage for each age can get married and pregnant, and a few other details.
  • Options
    edited December 2019
    PS Here is what it says on deaderpool's site:

"The MC Pregnancy module contains functionality specifically oriented to enabling other Sim households within the neighborhoods to have children and get married.

The random pregnancy/marriage checks run at midnight. They run on different days depending on the game speed. The faster the game, the more often they run to allow more pregnancy/marriage chances before the Sims get too old to have children or get married. If a game is on No Aging, the check runs once a week and Sims will have a totally random chance to have the children and get married instead of it being based on the amount of time they have until age-up."
  • Options
    ArzekialArzekial Posts: 665 Member
    edited December 2019
    shanls96 wrote: »
    for those who use mccc do you know how to change the setting to make townies get into relationships, get married, have kids etc on their own?

or if mccc automatically does this is there a way to like make it happen more frequently.

just feel like every sim I’ve added to the world, over time I introduce my sims to them and they’re always single and I just feel there is no progression for any sims but my own.

By default MCCC has adults set as valid ages for marriages and pregnancies. To change it go to MCCC Settings/MC Pregnancy

Under MC Pregnancy there are a lot of options you can change, but I think to fix your issue you will want to look at Valid Pregnancy Ages & Valid Marriage Ages. You'll see that only Adults are selected as valid ages, but you can also select young adult and you'll probably see a lot more marriages and a population boom. :)

It gets even more in depth than that though. You can have sims marry according to similar traits, set the overall percentage to get married etc..

• Options
    shanls96shanls96 Posts: 321 Member
    wow thank you.. there’s so many options that I honestly don’t know exist and it’s good to know they do!

just want to meet sims that have their own lives going on without meeting a sim and having them have no relationships, no job, family etc
  • Options
    wow thank you.. there’s so many options that I honestly don’t know exist and it’s good to know they do!

just want to meet sims that have their own lives going on without meeting a sim and having them have no relationships, no job, family etc

I totally understand that! MC Pregnancy really does help with that. Happy simming :smile:
  • Options
    PlayerSinger2010PlayerSinger2010 Posts: 3,267 Member

I'd also recommend KawaiiStacie's Life Decider mod. MCCC is great for having people get married/kids, but it might not put them into jobs. Life Decider will. :)
  • Options
    loubyloulouloubyloulou Posts: 4,467 Member

I'd also recommend KawaiiStacie's Life Decider mod. MCCC is great for having people get married/kids, but it might not put them into jobs. Life Decider will. :)

MCCC will also put people into jobs if you install the Career module. The Clubs module will also assign npcs to clubs to ensure they don't die out over time.
  • Options
    BeardedgeekBeardedgeek Posts: 5,520 Member
    Question: Is there a way to reset everything at once in the mod?
    Origin ID: A_Bearded_Geek
  • Options
    loubyloulouloubyloulou Posts: 4,467 Member
    Question: Is there a way to reset everything at once in the mod?

Do you mean to put everything back to its default settings? Delete the mod's setting config file, and then when you fire up the game afterwards, all the mod's settings should be back to 'factory default' as it were. Also delete the local thumb cache before you fire up the game again.