Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

suspended?!?!?

Mt sim did all his homework and everything on time went to class on time and he failed all his classes but one. He got a C in one and now on academic probation! His GF who was a NPC at frist moved in and was already on it. However i re enrolled her she did all her homework and went to class and even studied and she failed all her classes! For my guy sim his first term i did the same thing with him and he had a GPA of B and ever since the updated this happned! anyone elese? NO mods BTW

Comments

• Options
    gettpsgettps Posts: 420 Member
    Something similar happened to me. I made the mistake my first term of accidentally selecting "Submit plagiarized term paper". Got a C in the course. The next term I did it correctly and got an A+. I also got the notification that I was on probation? For an A+? It said if I didn't do better I'd be suspended. How can I do better than an A+?

I basically ignored it and graduated fine. Uni's more than a little buggy.
  • Options
    irishluck1986irishluck1986 Posts: 309 Member
    gettps wrote: »
    Something similar happened to me. I made the mistake my first term of accidentally selecting "Submit plagiarized term paper". Got a C in the course. The next term I did it correctly and got an A+. I also got the notification that I was on probation? For an A+? It said if I didn't do better I'd be suspended. How can I do better than an A+?

right and I made sure all work and term papers were done right away. He sill got an F in all classes but one where he got a C. Before the update i did the same thing and he got A's in every class. Its so annoying.
  • Options
    GalacticGalGalacticGal Posts: 28,685 Member
    Hm. I think all you need do to get a better grade is to select, "write notes" or "actively listen" during class time. I had three Sims (siblings) graduate with Honors. I haven't yet played uni, since the patch. I had a serious mishap in my game and have started over. Then the patch hit. It will still be a little while before I'm ready to age up my four teens to send to uni. I do hope this isn't a true bug but an anomaly.
    You can download (free) all three volumes of my Night Whispers Star Trek Fanfiction here: http://galacticgal.deviantart.com/gallery/ You'll need to have a pdf reader. New websites: http://www.trekkiefanfiction.com/st-tos.php
    http://www.getfreeebooks.com/star-trek-original-series-fan-fiction-trilogy/
  • Options
    SimQueenie9SimQueenie9 Posts: 2,944 Member
    Mt sim did all his homework and everything on time went to class on time and he failed all his classes but one. He got a C in one and now on academic probation! His GF who was a NPC at frist moved in and was already on it. However i re enrolled her she did all her homework and went to class and even studied and she failed all her classes! For my guy sim his first term i did the same thing with him and he had a GPA of B and ever since the updated this happned! anyone elese? NO mods BTW

That's strange. Did you edit the term papers from Poor quality to Outstanding? And did he study?
    Was he late for class a lot?
  • Options
    Hm. I think all you need do to get a better grade is to select, "write notes" or "actively listen" during class time. I had three Sims (siblings) graduate with Honors. I haven't yet played uni, since the patch. I had a serious mishap in my game and have started over. Then the patch hit. It will still be a little while before I'm ready to age up my four teens to send to uni. I do hope this isn't a true bug but an anomaly.

I already do that. Also they study betweeen classes.
  • Options

That's strange. Did you edit the term papers from Poor quality to Outstanding? And did he study?
    Was he late for class a lot?
    did all that and Nope not late.
  • Options
    windweaverwindweaver Posts: 7,375 Member

right and I made sure all work and term papers were done right away. He sill got an F in all classes but one where he got a C. Before the update i did the same thing and he got A's in every class. Its so annoying.

I hope these posts are merely bugs and not design. When I play uni in ts2 & ts3 I always shoot for A+ grades for my sims, just like my own experience in real life. I won't be playing this expansion if this is a design.

I saw this problem on LGR and I had hoped it was just a one time thing, but now seeing this thread, I guess it's not. Life is not a hit or miss if you pay attention, do your work and be there when your in school. I don't want my Sims failing when they do everything they are supposed to do. What kind of lesson is that to teach a kid who plays this game? Sorry, so disappointed in this issue in this ep.

My Origin Name is: Cynconzola8
  • Options
    SimQueenie9SimQueenie9 Posts: 2,944 Member
    windweaver wrote: »

I hope these posts are merely bugs and not design. When I play uni in ts2 & ts3 I always shoot for A+ grades for my sims, just like my own experience in real life. I won't be playing this expansion if this is a design.

I saw this problem on LGR and I had hoped it was just a one time thing, but now seeing this thread, I guess it's not. Life is not a hit or miss if you pay attention, do your work and be there when your in school. I don't want my Sims failing when they do everything they are supposed to do. What kind of lesson is that to teach a kid who plays this game? Sorry, so disappointed in this issue in this ep.

For the most part, I haven’t experienced this problem myself. My Sim did get a C in her last class, but I think that may be because her term paper wasn’t factored into her final grade, as that was a glitch I wasn’t aware of that was fixed in the latest patch.
  • Options
    LadyKynLadyKyn Posts: 3,595 Member
    I noticed my sims might end up being on academic orobabtion If Ive been rotating with other families.
    5vJrxmT.png
  • Options
    windweaver wrote: »

I never had an issue and had it since it came out. Now after the new patch is when it started happening.
  • Options
    LadyKyn wrote: »
    I noticed my sims might end up being on academic orobabtion If Ive been rotating with other families.

Yes I notice that also. However I have been playong this one family since I made it.
  • Options
    gettpsgettps Posts: 420 Member

I don't think so. My last playthrough Uni was a few days ago. Until yesterday, it never even occurred to me to check that, "write notes" and such. I've never even selected anything. It's always been on whatever the default is. I still haven't seen it. ('cause I'm sick of all the Uni bugs) I still got all A's at graduation.
  • Options
    bootsguybootsguy Posts: 890 Member
    My Sim is also suspended for 0 days and could not do anything about it. I think the main culprit is because he is studying at home and not really near campus either in Britechester or Foxbury campus so that might be one of the reasons why he is suspended and also his skill in debating is also still low (I think Level 3). Do you think my Sim just drop out of University?
  • Options
    BeardedgeekBeardedgeek Posts: 5,520 Member
    edited March 2021

Well if he gets F, then yes, he failed and flunked.

There are several threads on the forum about this, most people get A or A+ even without trying, but some insist they always get Fs or never higher than C.

There can be several reasons:

1. Always be on time, always do your homework, always do your term papers and presentations to at least "Good" quality for an A or A-
    2. Don't fret if you just get a B or B+ first semester, grades go up as your skills go up.
    3. Speaking of, and I think this is the big one: Grades are at least partly calculated from your skill level. Basically that means that if you apply to UNI in a course you don't have talent for you have a much harder time. If you pick a degree you already have skills in you are virtually guaranteed an A at the end. I cannot stress this enough. Some people deliberately pick degrees their Sims have no skills in, and that is a big mistake.
    4. NEVER do more than three courses and one society per semester unless you want a horrible time. Also, unlike other activities the Sport Team one counts as an actual part time job and therefore takes as much time as a course. So if you want to be a soccer star, don't do more than TWO courses, the sport team and maybe a society.
    Origin ID: A_Bearded_Geek
  • Options
    TeeSeaTeeSea Posts: 1,556 Member
    Visiting office hours and emailing your professor help with grades and keeping track of your sims grades.
  • Options
    SimsLady2000SimsLady2000 Posts: 1,236 Member
    edited March 2021
    Try selecting Take Notes when your sims are in their class. Kind of the same thing you can do when they are at work and you can select "work hard" to get a raise faster. Your sims need to be at least level 7 in the skills needed for the class for them to ace it. I usually use the teen period to build those up. If you need tips for this pack, go here:

https://www.carls-sims-4-guide.com/expansionpacks/discoveruniversity/
    The Sims is NOT a game, it's a lifestyle choice.

My Plumbob is GREEN today :D
  • Options
    Try selecting Take Notes when your sims are in their class. Kind of the same thing you can do when they are at work and you can select "work hard" to get a raise faster. Your sims need to be at least level 7 in the skills needed for the class for them to ace it. I usually use the teen period to build those up. If you need tips for this pack, go here:

https://www.carls-sims-4-guide.com/expansionpacks/discoveruniversity/

Which is why picking a distinguished degree is such a good idea, if you have enough skills to pass for one of those, you probably have a skill of 4 or so in the required skill already and will probably ace already first year.

So it all boils down to... if you have played the Sim since a teen, make up your mind and before reaching YA and they will easily be ahead of the game just by having a skill of 3 or higher just by you making them prepared. You want an artist? make your teen paint a little.

If it's your starter Sim, don't apply to UNI until you have grinded a skill or two up to 4 or more.
  • Options
    Sketch793Sketch793 Posts: 1,218 Member
    Sorry, but this is wrong. You don't need level 7 skills to ace the university classes. One of my sims, Justin Dyer, just finished a term at University and he got an A+ in all 4 of his courses without even reaching skill level 6.

Justin took two courses in Photography, one course in Violin, and one course in Acting. He finished with Photography skill at level 5 (max), Violin skill at 4.32, and Acting skill at 5.84. The key to his success was probably joining the Art Society, getting to level 2 in the organization, and attending all of its events for extra credit towards his Fine Art major. Of course, Justin also did all of his homework before classes, attended classes on time, and Took Notes. He used his phone to email his professors once a day, after finishing his classes for the day. He prepared an Outstanding term paper and an Excellent presentation but didn't turn them in until his professors reported that he was a stellar student. That's been my approach every time I've sent a Sim to university and so far it has always worked.
  • Options
    SjofnSjofn Posts: 332 Member
    1. Always be on time, always do your homework, always do your term papers and presentations to at least "Good" quality for an A or A-
    2. Don't fret if you just get a B or B+ first semester, grades go up as your skills go up.
    3. Speaking of, and I think this is the big one: Grades are at least partly calculated from your skill level. Basically that means that if you apply to UNI in a course you don't have talent for you have a much harder time. If you pick a degree you already have skills in you are virtually guaranteed an A at the end. I cannot stress this enough. Some people deliberately pick degrees their Sims have no skills in, and that is a big mistake.
    4. NEVER do more than three courses and one society per semester unless you want a horrible time. Also, unlike other activities the Sport Team one counts as an actual part time job and therefore takes as much time as a course. So if you want to be a soccer star, don't do more than TWO courses, the sport team and maybe a society.

Your third point is the most important of them, I think, especially since the deeper into a degree you are, the higher it seems to expect your skill to be.

One of my recent students did soccer plus three courses, graduated with honors and was top of the track. He had decent fitness from the start though (which is why he was on the team!). I do think trying to do a society on top of that would've been too much, but I find the societies pretty meh anyway.
  • Options
    Sjofn wrote: »

Your third point is the most important of them, I think, especially since the deeper into a degree you are, the higher it seems to expect your skill to be.

One of my recent students did soccer plus three courses, graduated with honors and was top of the track. He had decent fitness from the start though (which is why he was on the team!). I do think trying to do a society on top of that would've been too much, but I find the societies pretty meh anyway.

The main reason to do Societies is to help with grades. Debate Team is great for helping with the actual Academic aspiration since grinding the Debate skill is HORRIBLY BORING otherwise. The Brainiacs is the best for over all grade improvement since after becoming a senior member you get a HUGE + on all your grades just by showing up at the library when they are there.