Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Cladbridge-on-Stowe Questions?

newyorker19newyorker19 Posts: 65 Member
edited February 26 in Nominated Threads
I am interested in downloading Cladbridge-on-Stowe and had a few questions for those who already have it?

I know the world need World Adventures and Ambitions to run, so I'm interested in knowing whether or not the town has community lots that are offered in Ambitions? Like the salon, junkyard, consignment shop, etc.? Similarly, is there a good place to put the equestrian center from Pets?

Is there some lots already made for building new houses, or at least relatively flat land to place some new lots?

Finally, how well-populated does the town feel? Is it as populated as Sunset Valley or Twinbrook or does it feel more secluded? Additionally, how well-developed are the stories and backgrounds for the families?

Thank you for any responses! :)
Post edited by EA_Solaire on

Comments

• Options
    jaletu2005jaletu2005 Posts: 688 Member
    edited July 2014
    Hey NewYorker!

I downloaded this world and I really like the look and feel of it. It seems to this American to be very British! :wink: It isn't very populated but playing there for a while takes care of that. I also made a few people and dropped them in.

As for the lots - the sizes are small. I think I added the larger lots so I could put in some extra content. I have had it crash on me once but that may have been something just in my game (I don't have any CC, though). I don't think you'll have a problem adding the horse pavillion but you may have to add the lot first. I don't recall there being a large lot in the world already.

Overall, I really like this world! It can definitely benefit from the current content like the farm stuff and of course the tea set! Hope you enjoy the world. Oh and look for the train station...it's very cool.
    Screenshot-5.jpg
  • Options
    doublemedion694doublemedion694 Posts: 159 New Member
    edited July 2014
    Hi newyorker19, I am Doublemedion694 - the creator of Cladbridge-on-Stowe. I'm glad to hear you like the look of my world :-D Thanks jaletu2005 for answering some of these questions. I'll just add my own words to further clarify what is in the world.

Firstly, by the way, my CAW thread has most of the information you're looking for and more if you have not already read it: http://forum.thesims3.com/jforum/posts/list/676906.page

- The world requires Riverview, World Adventures, Ambitions and Late Night. Yes I have used Ambitions and Late Night lots such as the salon, fire station, bars and a small junkyard. I think it can be downloaded wihout the expansions (I obviously haven't checked) but in that case various objects would definitely be missing etc.

- The world has mostly small lots (lots and villages in Britain are typically tiny compared to USA lots)but I did put in one 60x60 lot and another of similar size so as to leave room for ranches and stuff from the Pets expansion.

- There are numerous other empty lots and a little bit of space to place your own if you want to.

- In terms of population the save game file (see the world thread for a link)has 18 families. This is about half a dozen below the EA average but I personally don't think that it's noticable. The main feature of living in the countryside is that there are fewer people ;-) The families have fleshed out skills, careers, family descriptions and bios if you like that sort of thing (I know that I do!).

Hope this helps. If you have any more questions I'll be hanging around...
  • Options
    newyorker19newyorker19 Posts: 65 Member
    edited July 2014
    Wow, thank you to both of you! :)

I'm really excited about this world and playing The Sims again after a long hiatus. Just waiting to get a new laptop in the next week or two. Hopefully it can run this world!

I just wish I could have more pictures. I spent a lot of yesterday scouring the internet for any pictures. Very interested in seeing more pictures of houses (especially the manors and estates) or an overhead shot to see all the roads.

Anyway, thank you and I look forward to playing in Cladbridge-on-Stowe!
    Post edited by Unknown User on
  • Options
    Jazz-Hands-OKJazz-Hands-OK Posts: 144 Member
    edited July 2014
    Cladbridge on Stowe is wonderful. It looks and feels English to a remarkable extent (apart from the vehicles driving the wrong side of the road) in the same way his Glendonnach world felt exactly like so many little Scottish villages.

Both make for a lovely change of pace, and offer plenty of scope for development if you feel it's too quiet. They're ideal locations for planking that farming Simmie you always dreamed about trying.
  • Options
    xCurlySimmerxxCurlySimmerx Posts: 66 Member
    I have a question about the save file. When trying to load it I get the error "A serious error has occurred while loading Cladbridge-on-Stowe.sims3. it is recommended that you restart the application.". I have tried all sorts of things to fix this, but Google has not been able to help. Can you by any chance please upload an updated version of the save file? I fear it might be the two years worth of patches since the original save file was created that may be the problem.
    Sims blogger @ www.curlysimmer.com | Live streamer @ www.twitch.tv/curlysimmer
  • Options
    flstriderflstrider Posts: 1,912 Member
    @doublemedion694 just saw this world and all I can say is AWESOME!!! Love how you laid it all out and the sculpting and painting is wonderful (really loved the authentic looking golf course!) Just a quick question on the concrete lighted bridges you have placed together. How well does that work? does it cause any routing issues? does this work with all of the bridges (besides that monstrosity call a suspension bridge). Curious to hear about how that all works
    My World's thread linked in Sig
    NewSig.jpg

• Options
    jje10001jje10001 Posts: 87 Member
    It technically works- you just need to have the ends of each bridge touching.
  • Options
    RainaElfRainaElf Posts: 35 Member
    I also have a question about Cladbridge-on-Stowe. I have all the reqs, but for some reason none of the bridges are showing up in that world. Any ideas?
  • Options
    RainaElfRainaElf Posts: 35 Member
    Dang I hit post too quick.

Also.

I followed a link to download the save file, but got a page error.
  • Options
    Eibhlin_MEibhlin_M Posts: 1 New Member
    I used to play the sims with this world and everything was fine. Now i installed it on an other computer and the terrain looks all blurred. I don't get tiles but a beige/grey blur. I tried to delete and install all over but doesn't seem to help. Any ideas???
  • Options
    antbyrne88antbyrne88 Posts: 1 New Member
    I used to play this world all the time. But recently the bridges over the river and walls along the river have disappeared. Anyone any ideas why this might be? I love this world and now it's kinda ruined it for me.
  • Options
    KatyFernlilyKatyFernlily Posts: 738 Member
    It generally means you don't have the expansion that the bridge/walls is from.
    Check your launcher and see if all your xpacks are clicked to run.
  • Options
    MFAKMFAK Posts: 485 Member
    I would love to change this world into a Medieval village by taking out the roads and replacing the lots. Is the creator still active to give permission for me to do that and share it?
  • Options
    suzsessuzses Posts: 2,433 Member
    @MFAK The world creator, @doublemedion694 , hasn't posted since 2014 so likely isn't around to see this. Sounds like a fun idea you have. Under the circumstances, if I were you, I'd probably do it for my own use and not share it.
    Ackney-upon-Sherne Collab on the forum here
    My Sims 3 Studio
    My forum builds thread
  • Options
    KiwiColieKiwiColie Posts: 3 New Member
    I figured I'd ask here since its related to the world. Does anyone have a copy of the Cladbridge save file? The mediafire link is dead.

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file
Return to top