Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

A BABY Stuff Pack?

13...Next

Comments

• Options
    TheRealTacomamaTheRealTacomama Posts: 109 Member
    Essentially, this is what mods are attempting to do now so it would be cool to have an official stuff pack that had things like:

Baby showers
    More crib options
    Better Birth Certificates
    More clothing options

Things mods already do.
    Simming for twenty years...
  • Options
    ChampandGirlieChampandGirlie Posts: 2,482 Member
    I've already said that I'd be fine with this. It isn't a huge deal to me but I'd also probably get this pack and I get why people want this change.

If so, I think there should be some pack-n-play/play pen where a parent can safely put a baby.
    Champ and Girlie are dogs.
  • Options
    s_stutlers_stutler Posts: 380 Member
    I would love this.

Most legacy-family players of the game - want this. Its the only comment I see in any forum chats I go to or any live chat streams., in addition to Cars and (formerly) University.

Those who think they wouldn't play it, so it shouldn't be put in the game, you should recognize that we all do not play the same way, and the majority of the Sim Community does in fact want this.

I didn't buy Vampires or Realm Of Magic.. I have 0 interest in the "magic" aspect of The Sims at all.. does this mean I don't think the packs shouldn't have been made? No. I understand, there are people who wanted that, and who play with those aspects in their game. It doesn't apply to me (at all) And so. I just chose to spend my money on other things.

At the end of the day, this is a life simulator, and among all the lifestages that are represented the worst, the babies have it. Teens are a close 2nd though, they need more things to do. But. I have mods with allow for after school activities, I have made venues for them.. the Mod community has not succeeded in being able to create "playmats, strollers, bouncers, cribs) - that snap the baby to them. There is a the Hidden Crib mod, which is amazing, but.. I would really like to be able to click on the baby and have them be put there. VS, Going into the buy mode and moving them, like a piece of furniture.

Trust me when I say, those who wouldn't play with a better baby system, are in the minority of the Sim community.

• Options
    SheepilingSheepiling Posts: 579 Member
    I think it would be really nice if they did a free better babies update, and then had this stuff pack come along after, like what they did when they introduced toddlers!
  • Options
    DerellaDerella Posts: 765 Member
    I would never buy this.
  • Options
    NindigoNindigo Posts: 2,764 Member
    Babies are just something to get past as quickly as possible. In my case, anyway.

Origin ID: Nindigo79

A smile is the prettiest thing you can wear
    Time enjoyed is never time wasted

• Options
    Cupcakes4lifeCupcakes4life Posts: 28 Member
    Babies no longer seen as objects
  • Options
    meraikameraika Posts: 16 Member
    I just love creating a nursery, but can see why people bypass the baby stage. I keep the setup until they're basically a child, and then I adjust a little bit of furniture. But I would love different cribs, a changing table, and just to change the swaddle blanket color.
  • Options
    Hearts4uHearts4u Posts: 1,775 Member

A baby stuff pack would only be useful if babies are no longer objects. I would totally by this pack if they fix the babies because I love playing with families.
    Origin ID: littlebonnieblue
  • Options
    ListentoToppDoggListentoToppDogg Posts: 2,103 Member
    edited December 2019
    I know the gurus don't use the forums, but just in case one ever decided to visit this thread. I want to post this. I saw this show on TV the other day and thought it would be great for the gurus to see as ideas for new interactions for overhauled babies.

https://www.tlc.com/tv-shows/babies-babies-babies/full-episodes/babies-babies-babies
  • Options
    MJWMJW Posts: 1 New Member
    I would definitely enjoy something like this, but I agree that it should span a bit more than just babies. It could be a pack or patch that includes babys, toddlers, kids, and teens.

I love the idea of being able to interact with babies in a similar way to toddlers, and for those interactions to have an impact once the babies age up (a fussy, loving etc. toddler based on the attention they got while in the baby stage).

Strollers and other methods of transportation for babies and toddlers would be awesome! Likewise being able to teach babies skills (crawling as a motor skill,etc) that they can continue to develop as they age is an interesting idea.
  • Options
    aprilroseaprilrose Posts: 1,832 Member
    I'd buy a baby stuff pack in a heartbeat
    Simming for 19 years!
    Family Tree
    Playing Mod & CC Free

• Options
    CynnaCynna Posts: 2,369 Member
    edited January 2020
    I wouldn't pay for a new life stage, that should come in a patch. However, I would love a pack dedicated to babies. It would be nice to see a parent sit with a baby in their lap again, as they did in TS3 (only, with better animations. ::fingers crossed:: )

However, to do the theme justice, a stuff pack won't be enough. Unless a lot of items come in the patch with the babies, babies would need their own game pack, at least.

Interactive Objects
    • baby tub
    • changing table
    • bouncy chair/swing
    • stroller/pram
    • play mat
    • activity seat/car seat with a safety belt (bonus if it can be put anywhere -- bed, floor, table, chair, the top of the dryer to lull the baby to sleep!)
    • playpen
    • bassinets for the floor/sofa as a modder created for TS3
    • Baby Bjorn/sling to keep the baby close while the parent is doing other activities. (This one would be very animation intensive -- unless the baby was slung on the parent's back.)
    • a walker.
    • a variety of cribs with animated mobiles and lullaby music
    • baby monitor
    • bottle warmers
    • diaper pails
    • any clutter items that would create the impression of controlled chaos that accompanies the arrival of a new baby

Interactions
    • focusing on the activities of other sims in the room
    • bathing in the sink
    • learn to roll over
    • learn to scooch on tummy
    • discover fingers and toes
    • learn to sit up
    • learn to crawl
    • reach for things or point/"what's that?"
    • intense baby talk with other sims, including all of the adorable facial expressions that babies make!
    • sit in parent's lap
    • fall asleep in parent's arms
    • develop a relationship with pets
    • be comforted/walked to sleep
    • ask to be picked up/let out of the crib or playpen
    • sing to baby
    • play peekaboo

I really love babies, EA, in real life and in the game. Can you tell? :D

As someone who has always played the Sims series on long life spans or with aging off until I'm ready to advance, I could absolutely take advantage of every bit of the above. It would be great for storytelling. I've been low-key holding off on advancing my story in the hope that real Sim babies would finally become a part of the game.

I'm dreaming big in the hope that we'll get some of the stuff listed above. Some is certainly better than none!

I3Ml5Om.jpg
  • Options
    GalacticGalGalacticGal Posts: 28,579 Member
    edited January 2020
    LoriTSp wrote: »
    I generally age the babies up straightaway (most often the toddlers too), so a pack like this wouldn't work for me, but for those Simmers who are into the whole family thing and want to pay for something like this, why not?

I don't do it immediately, because I like to space my children out a bit. But, yeah, originally I enjoyed the many interactions we have with the babies, but that quickly grew old knowing the infant is tied to the bassinet. :'(

ETA: To think the devs thought having a dog house for a pet was abusive. How ironic can you get?
    You can download (free) all three volumes of my Night Whispers Star Trek Fanfiction here: http://galacticgal.deviantart.com/gallery/ You'll need to have a pdf reader. New websites: http://www.trekkiefanfiction.com/st-tos.php
    http://www.getfreeebooks.com/star-trek-original-series-fan-fiction-trilogy/
  • Options
    Amapola76Amapola76 Posts: 1,908 Member
    Whether for toddlers, babies, or ideally both, I would dearly love to see the return of both strollers and rocking chairs.
  • Options
    Ceres_MeirionaCeres_Meiriona Posts: 5,006 Member
    This kind of a pack would not be for me. I age up out of the baby and toddler stage as fast as my fingers can click through it. I cheat my way through the toddler years, because I just don't enjoy how high maintenance the little demons are. If my sims were a little smarter and stopped putting toddler in the highchair, out of the highchair, back into the highchair, all the while the poor imp is 2 seconds from being taken away by a social worker due to starvation because my sims can't decide if they want the toddler in or out of the highchair, then I would maybe give the life stage more of a chance. LOL As it stands, they're too high maintenance for me. I seriously struggle to keep them fed properly, it's annoying, tedious, and not the kind of game play I'm looking for in The Sims. LOL

I do think a lot of other simmers would enjoy a stuff pack like this, though, so I don't think it's a bad idea at all. Just because I wouldn't use it doesn't make it a bad addition, and stuff packs are made to fill niche themes, so it's appropriate. Freeing babies should come in a patch, though, not a stuff pack. TS2 implemented babies perfectly. They looked like babies with visible arms and legs but were free to be placed anywhere. I do like the idea of having some fresh crib objects, too! If you own all the packs, we only have 3 crib assets to choose from, and they're not very versatile in theme. I can already make nice nurseries, so that aspect doesn't appeal to me very much, but if babies were freed, then I wouldn't mind more clothing options, interactions (like bathing the baby in the sink), and accessories for the people who want that.
    tumblr_oesik08PQO1vorh5do6_1280.jpg
  • Options
    davina1221davina1221 Posts: 3,656 Member
    We should get freed infants for free, but I would happily pay for a babies pack. I think they should also add it in CAS with it's own clothes and accessories. Passies(round and square, plus for toddlers), blankies, rattler, small plastic toy to hold(bear), powder/ointment for it's butt, onesies, long johns, sleepers, gowns, suit, dresses, christening gown, socks, booties, holiday wear, ECT in addition to everything already listed. Ability for toddlers to try to steal Rattlers and toys from them, touch them, stick tongue out at them, talk to, kiss cheek, hit/nudge if bad toddler. Be also great for a generation EP with the updated family tree stuff, more elder stuff like canes, funerals, and the granny stuff- plant holder, quilt rack, round things on wall, doilies, ECT.
  • Options
    LustianiciaLustianicia Posts: 2,489 Member
    I'm not really interested in a "My First Baby Stuff Pack"... lol
    Favorite Packs
    Sims 1: Hot Date
    Sims 2: Seasons
    Sims 2: Happy Holiday Stuff
    Sims 3: Seasons
    Sims 3: 70's, 80's, & 90's Stuff
    Sims 4: Seasons
    Sims 4: Paranormal Stuff
    Sims 4: Strangerville Game Pack

78MB6Gb.jpg
  • Options
    AquaGamer1212AquaGamer1212 Posts: 5,417 Member
    This would only work if they freed the babies as otherwise it would be pointless. I’d be more likely to keep babies around if they weren’t just objects that cry and have to be changed and fed.

The pack could be everything that a baby needs. Playmat, changing table, strollers, better cribs, etc.
    ts4_blossom_meadows_world_icon_gif_fan_art_by_hazzaplumbob-d.gif

• Options
    RouensimsRouensims Posts: 4,858 Member
    I would even pay for a baby expansion pack.
    Ooh Be Gah!! Whipna Choba-Dog? Whipna Choba-Dog!! :smiley:
  • Options
    Red_AvyRed_Avy Posts: 1 New Member
    I would love to see "The Circle of Life" stuff pack with a variety of different CAS and BB for the different age groups. I mean, I love family game play but I only tolerate the baby stage by using mods (no cribs). I would buy a sp just for babies but I would love to see more for teens and elders too, in one pack.
  • Options
    AquaGamer1212AquaGamer1212 Posts: 5,417 Member
    Red_Avy wrote: »
    I would love to see "The Circle of Life" stuff pack with a variety of different CAS and BB for the different age groups. I mean, I love family game play but I only tolerate the baby stage by using mods (no cribs). I would buy a sp just for babies but I would love to see more for teens and elders too, in one pack.

That sounds more like a GP than an SP.
    ts4_blossom_meadows_world_icon_gif_fan_art_by_hazzaplumbob-d.gif

• Options
    gothprincess4evergothprincess4ever Posts: 2,130 Member
    I would buy it in an instant!
  • Options
    Totally in favor of that:) It would improve gameplay so much for me!