Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Now I'm Angry!!!

SuniroseSunirose Posts: 460 Member
I have 2 sims in University. They didn't miss one class, did all of their homework and all projects completed! What's more is they are both maxed in all skills! ALL SKILLS!!! AND NOW THEY ARE BOTH ON PROBATION FOR GETTING F'S IN THEIR GRADES! WHAT IS THIS??? So, no matter how hard you try, the outcome of your grades are all random? Can EA Sims 4 devs ever do anything right??? :(:(:(:(:(

Leave out the swearing, I get you may be frustrated but there's no reason to break the rules ~Rtas
Post edited by EA_Rtas on

Comments

• Options
    MamajanaynayMamajanaynay Posts: 1,139 Member
    @Sunirose, before submitting any term papers or doing any presentations, have you had your sims edit their term papers or organize their presentations? Plus a little thing I discovered, if you hover over either the menu option of editing term paper or on the presentation board, it will tell you if it's poor, normal, excellent or outstanding. (see below) I too had my first sim do poorly in his first term, it wasn't until I played my second sim when I discovered how to tell how well her term papers or presentations were. Once I learned of this, she has done much better in her classes.
    12NtU1L.png
  • Options
    edited November 2019
    Mamajanaynay, Oh my gosh, thanks for pointing that out. For the record, I'm a micro manager and had my sims edit their projects several times. Yet I didn't know if you hover over the project options it would tell you what the quality of the project is. I'll try another semester and see what the results are. I'll give an update when I've reached that point. Thank you for your insight.
  • Options
    SimmyFroggySimmyFroggy Posts: 1,762 Member
    Have you checked in with the professors during office hours? I think that's also part of the grade or attendance or general performance that helps.
  • Options
    Have you checked in with the professors during office hours? I think that's also part of the grade or attendance or general performance that helps.

I've done that on occasion, but I didn't know it actually affects your grades?
  • Options
    edited November 2019
    Furthermore, if it is all random, then what's the point in even trying in the first place? If it is random, I won't have any desire whatsoever to play University. Although, I was stupid enough to buy it.

I'm still 🐸🐸🐸🐸 e d !!!! My two smartest sims flunked college. GRRRRRRR 🐸🐸🐸🐸 :(
  • Options
    SimmervilleSimmerville Posts: 11,674 Member
    edited November 2019
    Sunirose wrote: »
    I have 2 sims in University. They didn't miss one class, did all of their homework and all projects completed! What's more is they are both maxed in all skills! ALL SKILLS!!! AND NOW THEY ARE BOTH ON PROBATION FOR GETTING F'S IN THEIR GRADES! WHAT plum IS THIS??? So, no matter how hard you try, the outcome of your grades are all random? Can EA Sims 4 devs ever do anything right??? :(:(:(:(:(

Sorry for this problem. But one small question out of curiosity: Why on earth would any sim with all skills maxed out attend University? I assume they go there to learn those skills. Your sims probably outdid all the professors, I can't imagine them having full score on ALL skills :)

I also suspect the grade to reflect how much your sims built their skills *during* the term. I might be wrong though, but I can't think of any other explanation...
    Simmerville on Youtube | My blog is updated weekly: Simmerville's Sims<br>a.jpg
  • Options
    edited November 2019
    I have 2 sims in University. They didn't miss one class, did all of their homework and all projects completed! What's more is they are both maxed in all skills! ALL SKILLS!!! AND NOW THEY ARE BOTH ON PROBATION FOR GETTING F'S IN THEIR GRADES! WHAT plum IS THIS??? So, no matter how hard you try, the outcome of your grades are all random? Can EA Sims 4 devs ever do anything right??? :(:(:(:(:(

Sorry for this problem. But one small question out of curiosity: Why on earth would any sim with all skills maxed out attend University? I assume they go there to learn those skills. Your sims probably outdid all the professors, I can't imagine them having full score on ALL skills :)

I also suspect the grade to reflect how much your sims built their skills *during* the term. I might be wrong though, but I can't think of any other explanation...

Wait. Are you saying the whole point of University is to build skills?

If that's the case, then I didn't need to buy University because apparently my sims had everything they needed to build all their skills, no thanks to University. What was the point of buying University then? To spend $40 to buy that joke called a ping pong table, because EA didn't think it was worth spending a few extra dollars to invest in the animations for a pool table? Or those useless kegs that are good for nothing more than a theatrical prop that gets boring and useless really fast? What did University offer? Two new skills that have absolutely no bearing on added game play? No new sim interactions? Then there's the debate podium that when two sims use it together, there is no awareness of the other sim or their environment, but a mere theatrical ditty that gets really old really fast?
    Post edited by Sunirose on
  • Options
    akaniki0akaniki0 Posts: 470 Member
    edited November 2019
    You said they did all of their assignments but you didn't say you actively completed the process. With the presentation you have to click on the presentation board during the proper hours and select "give presintation" and for the term paper select on the computer " turn in term paper". You probably did all of this but just in case.
  • Options
    Simlie20Simlie20 Posts: 59 Member
    Isn't the whole point of University to learn, gain knowledge and improve on your skills? If you have already maxed out all your skills what's the point of taking the class lol? You wouldn't take a Chemistry 101 class if you already know everything in chemistry and you have taken biochemistry, mechanical chemistry, and blah blah. University is called higher education because you want to further enrich your knowledge beyond the simple basics you learn in high school. :)
    giphy.gif
  • Options
    edited November 2019
    akaniki0 wrote: »
    You said they did all of their assignments but you didn't say you actively completed the process. With the presentation you have to click on the presentation board during the proper hours and select "give presintation" and for the term paper select on the computer " turn in term paper". You probably did all of this but just in case.

They did 4 courses in one week and nothing was left undone. They even went to class with all needs fully maxed. They studied hard and in a perfect world, they were ace students.
  • Options
    Simlie20 wrote: »
    Isn't the whole point of University to learn, gain knowledge and improve on your skills? If you have already maxed out all your skills what's the point of taking the class lol? You wouldn't take a Chemistry 101 class if you already know everything in chemistry and you have taken biochemistry, mechanical chemistry, and blah blah. University is called higher education because you want to further enrich your knowledge beyond the simple basics you learn in high school. :)

I guess I was thinking University was more than a catalyst to build skills. I was hoping it really did improve the sim artificial intelligence, overall. But I was mistaken. Apparently, University is just another skill building avenue, added to a plethora of many others.
  • Options
    Simlie20Simlie20 Posts: 59 Member

If that's the case, then I didn't need to buy University because apparently my sims had everything they needed to build all their skills, no thanks to University. What was the point of buying University then? To spend $40 to buy that joke called a ping pong table, because EA didn't think it was worth spending a few extra dollars to invest in the animations for a pool table? Or those useless kegs that are good for nothing more than a theatrical prop that gets boring and useless really fast? What did University offer? Two new skills that have absolutely no bearing on added game play? No new sim interactions? Then there's the debate podium that when two sims use it together, there is no awareness of the other sim or their environment, but a mere theatrical ditty that gets really old really fast?

That's the thing, these days packs are so lackluster it takes the away the joy to play the Sims 4 because you are just so frustrated. That's why you need to wait for a sale because no Sims 4 pack is worth $40 gameplay-wise
    giphy.gif
  • Options
    edited November 2019
    If there's one thing EA is good at, or used to be good at, is propaganda. They know how to hype something and make cute short movie clips of whatever it is they're peddling and make it look like it's something special. After 19 years of observing this same old same old from EA, they're only fooling themselves in the end. Their ego is bigger than their talent.
  • Options
    ravynwolvfravynwolvf Posts: 1,073 Member
    It's not random; my sim went, did everything he was supposed to, and got all A+ except for one A when he was late for a class (darn toaster pastry). Either something is messing up your game, or it's a bug I didn't run in to, or something happened you didn't notice. frustrating though, for sure.
  • Options
    ravynwolvfravynwolvf Posts: 1,073 Member
    By the way, are you sure you didn't accidentally choose any of the many cheating options? No idea what they might do, but...
  • Options
    kusurusukusurusu Posts: 971 Member
    edited November 2019
    Course: 16, +3 if Focused
    Take Notes: x1.5
    Visit Office Hours: 4/h
    Study (Book/RM): 6/h (0-50), 4.8-6/h (50-51), 2.4-4.8/h (51-90), 2.4/h (90-100)
    Homework: 14xCompletion rate

Final Presentation: 28 (HQ)
    Capture Information: 1/h
    Practice Presenting: 1/h
    Refine and Organize: 1/h

Write Term Paper: 1.5/h
    Submit Term Paper: 25.5 (Outstanding)

Surreal Focus: x2 (moodlet lasts for 4h)

Max skill bonus: 9 (required skill only)

(you could also gain points by cheating/asking for a higher grade but those tend to fail)

attending every couse (for at least 64 min) after completing homework and other tasks should grant you at least:
    Exam: 3 courses + homework + maxed skill = 3(16+14) + 9 = 99
    Paper: 2 courses + homework + maxed skill+ outstanding paper = 2(16+14) + 9 + 25.5 = 94.5 (+time spent on it)
    Presentation: 2 courses + homework + maxed skill + HQ presentation = 2(16+14) + 9 + 28 = 97 (+time spent on it)

keep in mind you need 60 points to pass and 93 points to get an honorary degree

//edit: found daily task (homework) performance rate
    Post edited by kusurusu on
    My SuperSim Collection: Rosetta Stone · Sona Ali
  • Options
    CheekybitsCheekybits Posts: 1,030 Member
    Make sure you see you sims go to class cause for a bit I thought my sims went to class but there was a glitch that had them standing outside waiting to go in and they missed most of the class when I realized.
  • Options
    For the record, I haven't used any University cheats or mods. And my sims are living off campus, so they leave the lot for every class. I don't know how much more thorough you can be than that.
  • Options
    LadyKynLadyKyn Posts: 3,595 Member
    edited November 2019
    The juice pong table and keg are great, especially since I have them in bars for more variety and kegs are good for house parties as well.

Also, make sure if you happen to have Seasons and a holiday that had school/work off for it doesn't fall on a weekday. It'll be like your sim not going to class and their grade can take a big nose dive. That and if you're rotating between families it's possible for your sims grades to drop as well as their progress doesn't really seem to pause. Had a sim on academic probation due to this. :#

The Research & Debate skill isn't just relevant to just being in university. (Sims do acknowledge each other when they debate in different topics when advancing the skill, so not sure what you mean? Less when they're 'practicing debating' individually.) It acts as a persuasion skill in a way getting into higher levels where you can convince other sims to do things for your sim. Cleaning, taking a bath, cooking meals, and if your sims roommate is thinking about leaving for whatever reason they can convince them to stay. At Lvl 10 you can earn money from debating.

Contributing knowledge can also have your sim earning money (but if you do it too much they can and will die. :*

Robotics have been a pretty fun skill to play with. Works really well with my evil scientist. Feature I've been mostly enjoying is the roommate feature what you can use even if you don't attend university.

Inbetween, it's best to always to ask your professors for your sims class how you're doing which you'll get a progress report form them if you're doing good, terrible or exceeding.
    5vJrxmT.png
  • Options
    MsKatieRoseMsKatieRose Posts: 672 Member
    Lol, that is messed up and perhaps I'm doing somethng wrong, but I notice that after I had the Sims (already enrolled in university) work on all of their assignments and attend classes (with no cheats) for at least 3 or 4 classes each term, when I come back to the game, it says my Sims are on probation and have to re-enroll!!
    These Sims also didn't receive any more money as these are the Sims that already started out at Uni. so they have to come up with the funds all over again. The point is, it appears the game is not saving their progress with their homework after I log out of the game. Does anyone know why ? Sorry if it's redundant.
    Always be your unapologetically and authentic self
  • Options
    LDraconisLDraconis Posts: 35 Member

You never start new sims? Or only start new sims with maxed everything?
  • Options
    akaniki0 wrote: »

They did 4 courses in one week and nothing was left undone. They even went to class with all needs fully maxed. They studied hard and in a perfect world, they were ace students.

How good is their research and debate skill? That is a new skill so why would they have that maxed before going to University? Also did they study hard at classes or just go to them?

P.S. After reworking the first time every time I have gotten a message that the paper/presentation/whatever is as good as it is likely to get. It is quite possible that re-working it beyond that actually makes it worse not better.
  • Options
    AericiaAericia Posts: 110 Member
    edited November 2019

I had the same problem.
    If You send term paper or presentation before all classes is over, You will get bad notes, because its the end of this subject. So, after You send it ale Your classes and homeworks will be useless.

First - do homeworks, then study before all classes till You get blue moodlet „I know everything” or something like that (I don’t know but it might be useful), ask professors about Your notes (You can made friends with them and in the end ask for better notes - it works!) and THEN turn back excellent term paper or/and presentation!

Another tip: be careful, if Your Sim be late with presentation (till 4.30pm!) - for example walk too slow and arrived after 4.30pm - it will be marked as „done” but You do not get the points!

I think that people just start with presentation and the term paper because You can do it any time, but this is a huge mistake! The devs do not leave us clear info what should be done and when, so we must discover this by ourselves. :/
    Origin ID: ukyojin
    Unofficial Polish Forum - simtopia.pl
  • Options

Aericia wrote: »

I had the same problem.
    If You send term paper or presentation before all classes is over, You will get bad notes, because its the end of this subject. So, after You send it ale Your classes and homeworks will be useless.

First - do homeworks, then study before all classes till You get blue moodlet „I know everything” or something like that (I don’t know but it might be useful), ask professors about Your notes (You can made friends with them and in the end ask for better notes - it works!) and THEN turn back excellent term paper or/and presentation!

Another tip: be careful, if Your Sim be late with presentation (till 4.30pm!) - for example walk too slow and arrived after 4.30pm - it will be marked as „done” but You do not get the points!

I think that people just start with presentation and the term paper because You can do it any time, but this is a huge mistake! The devs do not leave us clear info what should be done and when, so we must discover this by ourselves. :/

I do my papers or presentations just before the final class. After the final class isn't it too late? And yes, make sure you are in time and leave enough time, i.e. do not be doing your presentation so late that you miss the final class or worse, the final exam for a different class (although that should be pretty obvious advice :) )
  • Options
    crinrictcrinrict Posts: 18,771 Member
    There does seem to be a bug involved with the term papers not counting properly as they should: https://answers.ea.com/t5/Bug-Reports/OPEN-DU-Bad-grades-despite-sending-in-term-paper-not-recognized/m-p/8436417#M110137
    Crinrict's Help Blogs -- Twitter
    Please do not send me PMs/post on my wall if you're looking for help. I can't attend to those. You can find me at AnswerHQ.
    How to report bugs at AnswersHQ
    AHQ Tutorial