Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Paolo Rocco just died.

He went off to work. 2pm-9pm. His needs were pretty high. He just returned home from work and died of starvation. He was not gone long enough to starve.
I don't understand how it happened, how could his hunger drop so much. I had a moment to check his needs and every other need was practically full.
He wasn't even halfway through his adult life so age couldn't have had anything to do with it. He leaves behind his very pregnant wife who he had been with for a long time. :(
Gallery ID: wiccanwonder

Comments

• Options
    LaBlue0314LaBlue0314 Posts: 17,436 Member
    edited November 2019
    In quite a few different games saves I have played in the past, any time Paolo became part of the household I was playing, 9 times out of 10 he would end up dying from one thing or another. I never had much luck in keeping him around very long. He does though play a pretty good ghost afterwards.
  • Options
    OEII1001OEII1001 Posts: 3,682 Member
    edited November 2019
    While there have been some problems with random motive drops since the latest patch, it sounds like in this case it made your story interesting. Still, it is peculiar considering that there are 24 sim hours in between the bottoming-out of the hunger motive and starvation.
  • Options
    simm621simm621 Posts: 1,037 Member
    OEII1001 wrote: »
    While there have been some problems with random motive drops since the latest patch, it sounds like in this case it made your story interesting. Still, it is peculiar considering that there are 24 sim hours in between the bottoming-out of the hunger motive and starvation.
    This is what has me stumped. His hunger was definitely in the green when he left. It was completely red when he returned.
    It's definitely took the story in a completely different direction than I had planned.
  • Options
    LaBlue0314 wrote: »
    In quite a few different games saves I have played in the past, any time Paolo became part of the household I was playing, 9 times out of 10 he would end up dying from one thing or another. I never had much luck in keeping him around very long. He does though play a pretty good ghost afterwards.

Good to know, as I strengthened his connection to the world and hope to keep him around long enough to resurrect him.
  • Options
    simm621 wrote: »
    This is what has me stumped. His hunger was definitely in the green when he left. It was completely red when he returned.
    It's definitely took the story in a completely different direction than I had planned.

I would personally roll with it, but would save as a new file, then scum it back just to see if it happens a second time.
  • Options

I would personally roll with it, but would save as a new file, then scum it back just to see if it happens a second time.

She is a scientist, graduated with honours so she thinks she knows a lot. I'm going to have her become a vampire so she will spend eternity trying to discover a way to resurrect him.
  • Options

She is a scientist, graduated with honours so she thinks she knows a lot. I'm going to have her become a vampire so she will spend eternity trying to discover a way to resurrect him.

Sounds cool. I'd still recover the past save to see if you can duplicate the glitch.
  • Options

Sounds cool. I'd still recover the past save to see if you can duplicate the glitch.

I will try that.
  • Options
    StarfreeStarfree Posts: 1,449 Member
    @simm621 if you have realm of magic there's a "dedeadify" spell that can bring someone back. Just can't remember what rank you need to be to learn it.
  • Options
    SweetieWright_84SweetieWright_84 Posts: 4,129 Member
    edited November 2019
    I have a bit of a soft spot for Paolo. He was married to my first generation sim in my Westbrook family. Unlike you though, I had to kill him off because he was starting to outlive his own children. It was time to move on to the next generation.
    Gallery ID: SweetieWright_84--Save File Thread--Youtube Channel