Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

I'm not happy.

feetinstockingsfeetinstockings Posts: 4,264 Member
edited November 2019 in The Sims 4 Game Feedback
I was looking forward to UNi, but all my sims do is study or meet others to study with. They could do that without Uni. I love the new Uni Town, but again most of it is Decor, They cant use it and there is still so much space that cant be used. It Irrates me that we have such lovely towns but it is only eye candy, I dont want to spend my money on eye candy. Every time a new expansion comes out, It gets on my nerves. I would rather have a end of the space, but all or a good 80% can be used. then loads of empty unusable space and eye candy. Those lovely looking English homes in Uni, but my sims cant live in them, Ahhhhhhhhhhh makes me want to scream. And space garden space without nothing but grass. WHY?????
One other thing, is anyone finding their Uni are ghost towns as there isnt anyone around?? I'm playing the Pleasant girls, occassionally someone turns up at their door, and unless the Lot has Teen hang out, only a few sims turn up. but the streets them selves are empty. anyone else have this problem.
In one of the Uni buildings, I knocked down a floor, put everything on one floor, and more showed up, again its the more you have the less sims you have. does decor count as things. all that river and bridges, to many things no space for sims.

Comments

• Options
    ccllmmssccllmmss Posts: 37 Member
    Yes. My university campuses - and Larry's Lagoon - are ghost towns. It is very disappointing because the other worlds don't seem to have this problem. If you want your sims to have any kind of social life don't take more than 2 classes per term. Otherwise, I am enjoying the University expansion.
  • Options
    logionlogion Posts: 4,720 Member
    edited November 2019
    Yes, my towns are ghost towns too, and the universities, especially Foxbury looks like they are completely deserted. I think they made the maps too big with sims spawning at the end of the maps that you will never notice, but they add to the 20 sims in zone limit so the map will look empty.

I noticed for example that the game will spawn sims over at the lake in Foxbury, you will never see them unless you are moving the camera all the way over there.

I wish Maxis could instead just accept that if the sims4 should work with these limits, then they should build maps and lots that works well with it. They should make the worlds smaller, but with more lots if possible, and they should have sims spawning closer to those lots so that you will actually see them.

Post edited by logion on
  • Options
    feetinstockingsfeetinstockings Posts: 4,264 Member
    logion wrote: »
    Yes, my towns are ghost towns too, and the universities, especially Foxbury looks like they are completely deserted. I think they made the maps too big with sims spawning at the end of the maps that you will never notice, but they add to the 20 sims in zone limit so the map will look empty.

I noticed for example that the game will spawn sims over at the lake in Foxbury, you will never see them unless you are moving the camera all the way over there.

I wish Maxis could instead just accept that if the sims4 should work with these limits, then they should build maps and lots that works well with it. They should make the worlds smaller, but with more lots if possible, and they should have sims spawning closer to those lots so that you will actually see them.

I agree. and i didn't know that 20 sims should be there. I'll look harder for them.
    Thank you
  • Options
    PHOEBESMOM601PHOEBESMOM601 Posts: 14,595 Member
    I don't know if I feel the way I do because I've been on an extended TS3 game play session over the past few weeks but I was very disappointed when I opened up my TS4 game to check out the University town. There have been times when I have invested in a game and thought, well yeah....maybe it's not what I thought it was going to be but for the first time I want to kick myself for buying something Sim. If someone is enjoying this pack, great, I'm happy for you but this has left me very disappointed.
    "People really love to explore 'failure states. In fact, the failure states are really much more interesting than the success states." ~ Will Wright
  • Options
    Kita5399Kita5399 Posts: 2,112 Member
    I’ve seen so many people post that their campus is a ghost town, but I’m not seeing that myself. While I wouldn’t call it crowded, there are students going by on bikes, and walking to class. I’d say 8-10 Sims show up for the little events, like the debates and such. I’ve only sent my Sim to the bar once, but again I’d say there were around 8 others there. The commons were more empty for me than the rest, but I’d a poetry reading or something was happening there would be Sims showing up for it. I wonder if is a computer spec thing, or if it’s from using MCCC (although I’ve not messed with any related setting on that)?
  • Options
    JoAnne65JoAnne65 Posts: 22,959 Member
    Do you have screenshots? It might be processor related, like in Sims 3.
    5JZ57S6.png
  • Options
    AprilDawnAprilDawn Posts: 795 Member
    Foxbury commons was a ghost town. Britechester commons was more lively. I put the uni lot traits on both and even added more fun things to the Foxbury commons but other than when organizations were meeting there, there were hardly any sims there.
  • Options
    MidnightAuraMidnightAura Posts: 5,809 Member
    My play through of university had few sims in the town. I saw one or two walking aimlessly but that’s all. It did feel empty. I have an i9 processor and an rtx 2080 graphics card so I’m confident it’s not this pc. My sims 3 university town by contrast was bursting always with activity and sims.
  • Options
    ravynwolvfravynwolvf Posts: 1,073 Member
    Whenever I plan to play for a good length of time in a neighborhood, I go in and mod the zone director for that neighborhood. They always have it way too cluttered with wandering sim types that don't matter that just create endless townies, like ambient pizza, maid, mailman, fake vampires, etc walkbys. Plus I don't need to see people like Nancy Landgraab fish every day. I get rid of those and add more sim types that I want to see, as well as tweak visitors. I looked at the director for the college area, and there just aren't enough sims scheduled for such a big area for my tastes. If I planned on playing there much longer I'd probably buff it up, but it ain't worth it right now. Almost like they left it emptier so that low end systems could run it without lagging much.