Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Boost Weeks/Jasmine Holiday Events/Challenges

What ever happened to those? I feel like we haven't had one in SO long. I really miss them. Is there a reason we haven't had any for a while?

Comments

• Options
    LaBlue0314LaBlue0314 Posts: 17,436 Member
    Too many people were complaining, so they stopped, which I think is a real shame for those who did enjoy these little challenges.
  • Options
    OfSylvanGladeOfSylvanGlade Posts: 86 Member
    LaBlue0314 wrote: »
    Too many people were complaining, so they stopped, which I think is a real shame for those who did enjoy these little challenges.

Man, that's an annoying. They should've just made it an opt-in thing instead :(
  • Options
    cheescaekscheescaeks Posts: 902 Member
    i never did those, i'd rather they just focus on free permanent updates.
  • Options
    Pamtastic72Pamtastic72 Posts: 4,545 Member
    Sapphisims wrote: »

The complainers always get their way with the devs.

Aliens and alien abductions - nerfed
    Vampire break-ins - nerfed
    Challenges, Boost weeks, and Jasmine Holiday- nerfed

Those of us who really enjoy this game for what it is and simply play with little to no complaints are completely at the mercy of the rancorous minority who swamp the forum in order to make their displeasure known.

• Options
    DeKayDeKay Posts: 81,602 Member
    Sapphisims wrote: »

In a way, it was already an opt type of thing. Don't know what they were complaining about.
    My Top Song of the Day: Innocence by Avril Lavigne
    x3vZicL.gif
  • Options
    PhillipaErdnussPhillipaErdnuss Posts: 74 Member
    Miss these too! When i did not want to play it i ignored it. Boost week was my favorite.
    Phillipa Erdnuss
    Mayoress of SimCity and all associated districts
    Let this cart-button disappear!
  • Options
    SilentKittySilentKitty Posts: 4,665 Member
    You know what, I found those to be really disturbing and I really dislike having the extra festival UI. All my saves are specific stories and then all of a sudden a different theme comes sailing in. It just doesn’t suit my playstyle at all.

Personally I do not like them at all but if they tell us in advance I can go offline and avoid them. That is just how I dealt with it anyways. I have no problem with others having fun with them, go have fun if you like it because that is why we play. For me the opting in thing was also irritating, it was a constant reminder that something I dislike was in the background and I don’t want Jasmine walking around because she is not one of my sims. Skilling-up-holidays were horrible. I didn’t have triplis mod for locking skills back then and I play saves lasting a long time. If I didn’t want all my sims turning into super-sims I had to watch it. The best thing for me was just to step away from my favorite saves until it ended. Now I can mod it, thank Llama.

I remember trying them a few times to see if I liked them but it list was not for me. However, going offline solved it so it wasn’t a problem anymore.
  • Options
    IcewolfIcewolf Posts: 709 Member
    I really didn't care much for these boost weeks, but I didn't mind them being there. I just didn't do them.

It's really silly for people to complain over such a trivial thing though. I do miss the events where we had to collect stuff to unlock a reward. Like the easter eggs one! The last event we had was what, last year? The one with the Millie Bobby Brown sim where we unlocked those cute decorations.

I wish people would just stop complaining about everything all the time.
  • Options
    HoveraelHoverael Posts: 1,230 Member
    Sometimes i wished i could of found this game sooner to experience these events, wondering if i'd ever see their like again. There was clearly a few and some items in game can't be gotten at without going through some of these challenges.

I'm aware of the plantsim download from the gallery but not much else on the other things.
  • Options
    imhappyimhappy Posts: 1,988 Member
    I'm so glad the Dev's can work on better things than bringing Jasmine back.
  • Options
    DevilNDisguiseDevilNDisguise Posts: 2,225 Member
    I hated boost weeks.

What I did appreciate, though, was the fact that I never had to participate. So even though I'd know when I entered the game since it was announced right there, I'd forget about it next time, so it really wasn't a big deal to me. Only thing that would ever remind me, which was kind of irritating, was when Jasmine Holiday would come knocking at everyone's doors. Don't know if it's a bug or glitch or what, but now my game has several Jasmine Holidays that are basically hidden so I can't get rid of them.

If they stopped it because people were complaining, I don't see why, since it wasn't even in your face if you chose not to do anything with it, other than, again, her knocking at your door which you could ignore. But who knows?
  • Options
    SERVERFRASERVERFRA Posts: 7,128 Member
    I always liked the Jasmine Challenges. I also missed the Day of the Dead & Bunny Egg Hunts Holiday Challenges. They should bring them back.
  • Options
    happyopihappyopi Posts: 1,355 Member
    I really hope they stopped locking away content of a solo offline game behind seasonal updates, but I know they haven't.
    TS4 is not a persistent world in any way shape or form, and if EA wants a MMO so bad they should just make one.

The positivity challenge was dreadful. Event-restricted buy mode content you can unlock in buydebug, but aspirations unlocked during a limited time frame is a terrible concept. And if that "Challenge" aspiration category is an indicator, they planned more of those.

Boost weeks I'm fine with.
  • Options
    PearLadyPearLady Posts: 207 Member
    happyopi wrote: »
    I really hope they stopped locking away content of a solo offline game behind seasonal updates, but I know they haven't.
    TS4 is not a persistent world in any way shape or form, and if EA wants a MMO so bad they should just make one.

The positivity challenge was dreadful. Event-restricted buy mode content you can unlock in buydebug, but aspirations unlocked during a limited time frame is a terrible concept. And if that "Challenge" aspiration category is an indicator, they planned more of those.

Boost weeks I'm fine with.

Sorta agree and disagree. I liked the positivity challenge (an unpopular opinion, I'm sure), but agree they shouldn't have made it a limited thing to never be activated again. I appreciate that I can get to the posters, but I like being able to do everything I can in my game (get the most out for the money I paid). And, my sims tend to be multi-talented "super-sims" in my saves. :smiley:
    Don't anger the fruit. It may make her toot (at you). ;)