Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

So What is the new Death in Discover University?

I'm pretty sure they told they said that they teased it that they exist, but never told what it was. Had anyone discovered that?

Comments

• Options
    kalaksedkalaksed Posts: 2,643 Member
    i'm guessing it's a 'brain drain' during uploading information on the research machine. my current sim got a +40 dazed moodlet from that going wrong, as well as a warning to stop. pretty similar to the two things when a sim gets electrocuted the first time

i'm waiting for a later uni playthrough when i have multiple sims in the household to check further, though
  • Options
    SimmervilleSimmerville Posts: 11,673 Member
    I saw some students died from the robotics machine thingy. Not sure if they died from electrocution or something new, though...

Death by brain drain sounds pretty cool :)
    Simmerville on Youtube | My blog is updated weekly: Simmerville's Sims<br>a.jpg
  • Options
    EgonVMEgonVM Posts: 4,937 Member
    The new death type happens when not repairing a servo for a long time. It will start spinning uncontrollably and will turn into a pile of scrap and a robotic urn/gravestone. Servos don't have ghosts, so a death trait for this death doesn't exist in the game files.
    It also adds a new way to die by over-exertion (that death that usually happens when elders woohoo or work out too much) (can happen to sims who are in a younger stage than elder). When a sim contributes knowledge to a research machine too much, their head will explode with knowledge and they die. It is the second way sims can die sitting down (the first being death by pufferfish).

So one new death and one new way to die by an existing death.
  • Options
    kalaksedkalaksed Posts: 2,643 Member
    aha, so i was right in that machine being a new way to die... i didn't think about it becoming overexertion, though
    and already had a servo die in my game (yegads, that took a while, since i kept trying to kill him as a townie. seems they're only allowed to turn into scrap if you're currently playing them, though)
  • Options
    gothprincess4evergothprincess4ever Posts: 2,130 Member
    I was wondering about the same thing as well, thanks so much for the clarification. So, in a way, we got two new deaths, hahaha!
  • Options
    MacyStarMoonMacyStarMoon Posts: 52 Member
    it is the broken robot.when the robot is broken and you didn't repair it for a long time,it will die
  • Options
    GalacticGalGalacticGal Posts: 28,570 Member
    EgonVM wrote: »
    The new death type happens when not repairing a servo for a long time. It will start spinning uncontrollably and will turn into a pile of scrap and a robotic urn/gravestone. Servos don't have ghosts, so a death trait for this death doesn't exist in the game files.
    It also adds a new way to die by over-exertion (that death that usually happens when elders woohoo or work out too much) (can happen to sims who are in a younger stage than elder). When a sim contributes knowledge to a research machine too much, their head will explode with knowledge and they die. It is the second way sims can die sitting down (the first being death by pufferfish).

So one new death and one new way to die by an existing death.

I'm not in favor of head explosions. Been there, done that in RL, as in ruptured brain aneurysm. :open_mouth:
    You can download (free) all three volumes of my Night Whispers Star Trek Fanfiction here: http://galacticgal.deviantart.com/gallery/ You'll need to have a pdf reader. New websites: http://www.trekkiefanfiction.com/st-tos.php
    http://www.getfreeebooks.com/star-trek-original-series-fan-fiction-trilogy/
  • Options
    83bienchen83bienchen Posts: 2,577 Member
    According to the code, your Sims can die from using the new Research Machine.
    Now now EA, don't be stinking up our lovely lavender bath with your shopping fart. - My TS4 mods - Gallery ID: 83bienchen
  • Options
    UnknownGamerUnknownGamer Posts: 77 Member
    The research machine death is lame. Your Sim is classed as a death by overexertion ghost, so it’s technically not a new death type.

At the very least it could’ve been a new death type where your Sim ghost gets granted infinite knowledge or some other ghost power.

Also the Servo death by catastrophic meltdown could be classed as a new death. It’s still lame though as the Servo just gets deleted from the game. No ghost or anything, just a cool looking gravestone to remember them by.