Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Pre-Mades...

Hi,

I've recently been reading through articles on The Sims Wiki and happened to scroll through the pages for Willow Creek & Oasis Springs.

To my surprise, I noticed that the pages only mentioned four families per World...

Spencer-Kim-Lewis, BFF, Goth & Pancakes for Willow Creek. Landgraab, Zest, Roomies & Caliente for Oasis Springs. The remaining Lots are listed as "Uninhabited", "Empty" or "Community".

However, in Willow Creek in MY game, I have a bunch of unlisted families...

Rodgers, Crabtree, Decker & Curran.

These families aren't mentioned in the Wiki and don't have bios in the game.

Where did they come from?

Comments

• Options
    fiercephoenix91fiercephoenix91 Posts: 175 Member
    Could be just randomly generated families.
  • Options
    HoveraelHoverael Posts: 1,230 Member

Correct, the game spawns those townies in order to be a bartender, a gym instructor, a mixologist or any other NPC job, or simply to populate the worlds a bit more.
  • Options
    DijktafoneDijktafone Posts: 775 Member
    Ah yes, quick tip, in your options, under the 'gameplay' category, you should uncheck 'fill empty homes' if you don't want them to take over your neighbourhood.
  • Options
    Alwe1507Alwe1507 Posts: 328 Member
    Hoverael wrote: »

Correct, the game spawns those townies in order to be a bartender, a gym instructor, a mixologist or any other NPC job, or simply to populate the worlds a bit more.

Oh, I see. Do they have to be given homes though? In TS2, the Townies were homeless.
  • Options
    Dijktafone wrote: »
    Ah yes, quick tip, in your options, under the 'gameplay' category, you should uncheck 'fill empty homes' if you don't want them to take over your neighbourhood.

I was certain I had selected that option. Although I did start with the Tutorial, so perhaps it started to populate my neighbourhood before I changed the setting.
  • Options
    Alwe1507 wrote: »

Oh, I see. Do they have to be given homes though? In TS2, the Townies were homeless.

no, they don't need to be given homes, they can be left homeless if you desire it.
  • Options
    I also have 11 "Not in World" families - Yu, Merrill, Quezada, Flood, Wahl, Qualls, O'Dell, Estrada, Riggs, Pool & Hilton.

Is it the same story with those?
  • Options

I was certain I had selected that option. Although I did start with the Tutorial, so perhaps it started to populate my neighbourhood before I changed the setting.

From all you said I would assume you're just getting started? I do not know if you have the MC Command Center mod, but there is an additional step required in said mod to prevent them to fill the empty homes.
  • Options
    I also have 11 "Not in World" families - Yu, Merrill, Quezada, Flood, Wahl, Qualls, O'Dell, Estrada, Riggs, Pool & Hilton.

those are homeless sims, yes.
  • Options

no, they don't need to be given homes, they can be left homeless if you desire it.

Thank you. It seems strange that the game has populated my homes with NPCs...given that if I click on any one of those homes the NPCs aren't really NPC anymore!
  • Options

From all you said I would assume you're just getting started? I do not know if you have the MC Command Center mod, but there is an additional step required in said mod to prevent them to fill the empty homes.

I am. I've played for only a short while and with only one family.

No Mods installed. I have the in-game option about populating houses unticked. Does it not work?
  • Options

What happens if I click the red x on each of them?
  • Options
    You do what you should, with randomly generated sims... you delete them >:)
  • Options

Thank you. It seems strange that the game has populated my homes with NPCs...given that if I click on any one of those homes the NPCs aren't really NPC anymore!

you can go into that household via manage worlds screen, then click the transfer sim button and create a new household and simply move the sims across which in effect evicts that household into homelessness. you can then unfavorite the household and they go back to being anonymous.
  • Options

that is the household delete button.
  • Options

you can go into that household via manage worlds screen, then click the transfer sim button and create a new household and simply move the sims across which in effect evicts that household into homelessness. you can then unfavorite the household and they go back to being anonymous.

Thank you for the help! I might leave them there for a short while until I have got my head around the game and maybe purchased a few additional packs :)

If I deleted all of these randomly generated households - not the game pre-mades - would I lose all NPCs and corrupt the game? I still want to enjoy the community lots etc.
  • Options
    You do what you should, with randomly generated sims... you delete them >:)

Hehe, not a fan then? What would happen to my game though? Don't I need NPCs for Community Lots?
  • Options

Thank you for the help! I might leave them there for a short while until I have got my head around the game and maybe purchased a few additional packs :)

If I deleted all of these randomly generated households - not the game pre-mades - would I lose all NPCs and corrupt the game? I still want to enjoy the community lots etc.

just those specific households, nothing would break, but the chances are more of them would spawn to take their place though.
  • Options

just those specific households, nothing would break, but the chances are more of them would spawn to take their place though.

Oh really? So, is your household management bit full of unplayed NPC families?
  • Options

Usually as many as two dozen or more households not pre-mades or my own, most of them are there because of NPC jobs, and they are usually single sims as well and more often than not adults. when you get "city living" you'll realise that a good number of those single sims are tied to being a landlord, or a gym trainer or any other NPC job, and when you get "get famous" a lot more will spawn when you got adult or young adult and elder paparazzi sims spawning.
  • Options

Usually as many as two dozen or more households not pre-mades or my own, most of them are there because of NPC jobs, and they are usually single sims as well and more often than not adults. when you get "city living" you'll realise that a good number of those single sims are tied to being a landlord, or a gym trainer or any other NPC job, and when you get "get famous" a lot more will spawn when you got adult or young adult and elder paparazzi sims spawning.

Thank you for the info. I prefer the TS2 way...

I assume that if I click on one of the 4 households I listed in my OP, that family will become playable and a new NPC family will need to be spawned for NPC duties?
  • Options
    sunblondsunblond Posts: 1,035 Member
    FYI - it's perfectly fine to delete any household in your game. However, you want to make sure they are homeless first, you can just use the evect option, otherwise it will bug the house or apt they live in sometimes, it does completely strip them of all furniture and fixtures.
    Origin ID is: sobenewbie
  • Options
    sunblond wrote: »
    FYI - it's perfectly fine to delete any household in your game. However, you want to make sure they are homeless first, you can just use the evect option, otherwise it will bug the house or apt they live in sometimes, it does completely strip them of all furniture and fixtures.

i forgot about that. yeah, anytime you move a household or evict, be it yours or npc, there will be an option come up to keep the furniture or sell it off. unfortunately when you keep the furniture, all of it will go with you. If you sell it sells everything in that house. sometimes it might be best in some cases to delete the household on the spot and save worrying about losing all the kit inside the house. best to do it to random's though, as they can be easily replaced by the game and you won't have to worry about anything.
  • Options

i forgot about that. yeah, anytime you move a household or evict, be it yours or npc, there will be an option come up to keep the furniture or sell it off. unfortunately when you keep the furniture, all of it will go with you. If you sell it sells everything in that house. sometimes it might be best in some cases to delete the household on the spot and save worrying about losing all the kit inside the house. best to do it to random's though, as they can be easily replaced by the game and you won't have to worry about anything.

Given this dilemma, I assume I could move my own created family in to an occupied home to share? Then boot out the NPC family?
  • Options
    edited November 2019

Given this dilemma, I assume I could move my own created family in to an occupied home to share? Then boot out the NPC family?

by transferring into that household with your sims, then transferring those you don't want from that household into a new one, the sims that remains keeps everything, house, kit and all the money if you wish it. you can transfer some funds, otherwise the game will warn you the new household won't have any funds to move into any vacant place and can choose to merge with another.