Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Graduated and no career jump?

My sim just graduated and she got a job as a lawyer but it was only level 3 and it doesn’t say I’ve completed the “get a job with degree” aspiration.

Am I doing it wrong or is it a bug?

Comments

• Options
    kusurusukusurusu Posts: 971 Member
    Did she graduate in History or Language & Literature? In this case you should be able to join one of the branches directly and start at level 8.
    My SuperSim Collection: Rosetta Stone · Sona Ali
  • Options
    jazminesarahjazminesarah Posts: 44 Member
    I just realised you select the high level career separately. It’s not automatic by just selecting the career as usual.
  • Options
    Tan80Tan80 Posts: 72 Member
    How do you select the high career separately as having the same problem.
  • Options
    luthienrisingluthienrising Posts: 37,628 Member
    Tan80 wrote: »
    How do you select the high career separately as having the same problem.

Apparently it's just listed separately under the jobs you can take.
    EA CREATOR NETWORK MEMBER — Want to be notified of patches, new Broken Mods threads, and urgent Sims 4 news? Follow me at https://www.patreon.com/luthienrising.
  • Options
    DijktafoneDijktafone Posts: 775 Member
    Ok so I had sort of that bug, which happened because I switched households BEFORE getting the graduated job. So make sure you take your job BEFORE any swicth, if possible, as soon as you graduate.
  • Options
    alan650111alan650111 Posts: 3,295 Member
    I just realised you select the high level career separately. It’s not automatic by just selecting the career as usual.

Thanks for pointing that out! I can see future frustration so I am glad I know this now!
  • Options
    Tan80Tan80 Posts: 72 Member
    Thanks I haven’t save my game before graduating so will restart and see if it works as trying to complete the aspiration as well.
  • Options
    DijktafoneDijktafone Posts: 775 Member
    Tan80 wrote: »
    Thanks I haven’t save my game before graduating so will restart and see if it works as trying to complete the aspiration as well.

It should do both- it did for me.