Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Aging

do you play with aging off? Also if no what life span?

Aging 89 votes

Yes
35%
SikoahGraceDijktafoneluthienrisinggoodcakebaker62sekojranaJerrellosmurf45bluespice3fullspiralSelinaKylesangiehanssonAnnLee87annaliese39JackOnYourBackEnkiSchmidtHermitgirlkappowanMDianaSimsHopeTahDestin2016 32 votes
No-Normal lifrspan
25%
Akl500PGoldmoldarAlexaiasimbsimkerryemmiebethTiipiimock68alanmichael1gothprincess4everPegasysLindsaySeddon1mariajane216SummerStreakFlyingPotato659FaberriesKiwicantdiexMarianxWillow17calipossSeklein112 23 votes
No-Long lifespan
15%
GalacticGalSavorySageElegantblkchina1Lustianiciafallenangel66MecholiArzekialcalaprfySharoniaDaWaterRatMaedtheaethanrealmCaprianaBAnnie7_b 14 votes
No-short lifespan
1%
shygirl 1 vote
other please explain
21%
TWSimGamer82Angel_mixPlayerSinger2010Isb917StrangerthanMariefoxprice83Amj1995DaemonPawsChampandGirliehalloweenchildSimTrippyLairaalyssa123BradyGalaxyMindsimscreateBecka28KimmerHoveraelAgrest 19 votes

Comments

• Options
    BradyGalaxyBradyGalaxy Posts: 306 Member
    other please explain
    It depends what family. I have like 3 families with aging off, but the rest of my families have aging on.
    Proud simmer
  • Options
    irishluck1986irishluck1986 Posts: 309 Member
    It depends what family. I have like 3 families with aging off, but the rest of my families have aging on.

is there a reason you only do it with 3 families over all?
  • Options
    MindsimscreateMindsimscreate Posts: 414 Member
    other please explain
    Hey! I play with aging on for all usually, with a custom lifespan. It’s in between long lifespan and normal lifespan, since I feel like normal is way too short and long is way too long.
  • Options
    Hey! I play with aging on for all usually, with a custom lifespan. It’s in between long lifespan and normal lifespan, since I feel like normal is way too short and long is way too long.

How do you do a custom lifespan?
  • Options
    MindsimscreateMindsimscreate Posts: 414 Member
    other please explain

I do it through MCC mod. It allows me to set the lifespan in days for each lifestage of the human lives, as well as pet lifespans.
  • Options

I do it through MCC mod. It allows me to set the lifespan in days for each lifestage of the human lives, as well as pet lifespans.

I have that mod. Where is it located? I would love to set my own! I have never really messed with it.
  • Options
    PlayerSinger2010PlayerSinger2010 Posts: 3,267 Member
    other please explain
    I have a custom lifespan set with MCCC.

@irishluck1986 , click on a computer and go into MC Command Center. I think it's under the settings tab?
  • Options
    DijktafoneDijktafone Posts: 775 Member
    edited November 2019
    Yes
    By tradition (aka until the awesomemod used to do the job for me), I let the aging off until all YA are in couple, and do the same evry generation with a sizeable amount of unmarried YA.
  • Options
    SimmingalSimmingal Posts: 8,963 Member
    Yes
    I have aging off because I want to control when my sims age
    though they often end their lives at YA because there is nothing all that unique from that point onwards so : /
    like certainly id age them to elder if elders got something to do that ya don't but : /
    ⭐️ AHQ Champion 🦇 Vlad Advocate 🐉 Team Dragons
    🏡 Gallery 📖 Stories 🌍 World Project 🥔 MOD/CC Free
  • Options
    GalacticGalGalacticGal Posts: 28,579 Member
    No-Long lifespan
    I play on Long, and age up the children when I'm ready for them to do so. I just aged up the eldest teen so he could go to uni. He's got four siblings, three of which are still teens and the youngest is a child.
    You can download (free) all three volumes of my Night Whispers Star Trek Fanfiction here: http://galacticgal.deviantart.com/gallery/ You'll need to have a pdf reader. New websites: http://www.trekkiefanfiction.com/st-tos.php
    http://www.getfreeebooks.com/star-trek-original-series-fan-fiction-trilogy/
  • Options
    ChampandGirlieChampandGirlie Posts: 2,482 Member
    other please explain
    I'm solidly in the "Other" category. I switch between mostly only aging the household I am playing and turning it off. I am ultimately aging the whole save but I edited a bunch of townies and then have kept aging off for most of them to create a sense of everyone in the rotation aging together.

By that I mean, when I'm playing one household, I just ignore the other households. I'm just in the perspective of that house and the others are all at the same place in time as the household that I'm playing. The townies are all aging roughly along with them.

As a result, when the households in my rotation start flipping over to a new generation which will be soon, I'll turn aging back on for the townies and let them age along. The same background people won't be around forever but with numerous households, they've been around a while.

If they don't manage to marry into my rotation then I'm happy to assume that they are all just going about their lives themselves. Meh, I'm fine with the idea that time works a little differently in the sims' world. Each household I'm playing is just showing me what is going on in that house at a given moment time. When I change to another, I'm roughly seeing the same moment again. I don't worry about the fact that seasons shift, I just try to make sure that I mix up the time of year when different households are played.
    Champ and Girlie are dogs.
  • Options
    FaberriesFaberries Posts: 1,354 Member
    No-Normal lifrspan
    I play with aging on normal lifespan (with adjustments from MCCC), but it’s only for my played households. EA premades and townies don’t age
    Star Wind Flower Sun
  • Options
    KimmerKimmer Posts: 2,383 Member
    other please explain
    It depends on which save I am playing.
    If I'm not playing a challenge I usually always start with aging off because I don't want to hurry with anything. Whenever my Sims have their first baby I put the aging on, either long or normal, depends on how I feel at the moment.
  • Options
    nerdfashionnerdfashion Posts: 5,947 Member
    No-Normal lifrspan
    I have it on because I need things to happen on their own. So I have MCCC with Story Progression, and then Normal lifespan so everyone ages at the same rate, and it is all perfectly balanced.
    funny-gifs20.gif

• Options
    HermitgirlHermitgirl Posts: 8,825 Member
    Yes
    Aging off almost always. I've turned it on for a few challenges I never completed :D .
    egTcBMc.png
  • Options
    HoveraelHoverael Posts: 1,230 Member
    other please explain
    A bit of yes and no in there.

Sometimes i set immortality to some sims just so the world doesn't get so alien the more new generations of sims that exist after the original lot are gone, it sort of loses a magical sprk about it after all the original pre-mades or mine go out the picture.

The rest i leave with a long lifespan, that all assumes they don't get hysterical and die of laughter at the humor and hijinks festival of course. :D
  • Options
    SharoniaSharonia Posts: 4,853 Member
    edited November 2019
    No-Long lifespan
    I play with the long life span and nobody ages up until it's their birthday on the calendar.
  • Options
    DaemonPawsDaemonPaws Posts: 192 Member
    other please explain
    If I am doing a challenge or something, then I follow the rules of the challenge. I used to play with long lifespan, but now I find myself enjoying things more if I play with aging off and age sims up when I want during a natural story progression. It makes it easier to do the things I want to do. However, every now and then I'll do normal life span for an added challenge.
    Origin - DaemonPaws
  • Options
    gothprincess4evergothprincess4ever Posts: 2,130 Member
    No-Normal lifrspan
    In most of my save files I play with Normal Lifespan because I find it the most convenient for my type of stories and gameplay.
  • Options
    Mariefoxprice83Mariefoxprice83 Posts: 8,109 Member
    other please explain
    I use an altered version of normal lifespan thanks to MCCC. Occasionally I play with aging off for a while, for story purposes. I will probably do that more now I have DU.
    Better to reign in Hell, than serve in Heaven.
  • Options
    LustianiciaLustianicia Posts: 2,489 Member
    No-Long lifespan
    I live playing realistically, which means allowing aging... but I also don't have the patience to manually age up every single Sim in my game individually, so playing with aging off is a no go for me. I like to fill my worlds with families of my own, but also like to focus on only one household at a time, so that would make things very difficult and time consuming for me.

As for the length of the spans, the long lifespan is the only one that's playable for me... the short lifespan is extremely short. Normal lifespan isn't even much longer than the short one (which is disappointing), so long is the one I go with.
    Favorite Packs
    Sims 1: Hot Date
    Sims 2: Seasons
    Sims 2: Happy Holiday Stuff
    Sims 3: Seasons
    Sims 3: 70's, 80's, & 90's Stuff
    Sims 4: Seasons
    Sims 4: Paranormal Stuff
    Sims 4: Strangerville Game Pack

78MB6Gb.jpg
  • Options
    SmellincoffeeSmellincoffee Posts: 963 Member
    I constantly change my setting. I usually run on normal aging, but sometimes I turn it off, or sometimes I switch it on long, and sometimes I run on normal but I use potions of youth to revert certain sims back. This is why I often have parents and children who are the same age. :lol:
  • Options
    alyssa123alyssa123 Posts: 323 Member
    other please explain
    depends
    when gravity falls and the earth becomes sky, fear the beast with just one eye
  • Options
    AgrestAgrest Posts: 28 Member
    other please explain
    I find myself switching between the different options, depending what save and household I'm playing
  • Options
    SimTrippySimTrippy Posts: 7,651 Member
    other please explain
    I play with aging on/off - when their lives start to feel a little too fast I put it on hold, just rarely forever because I find it weird when they never die and I can't keep playing with the same sims for years. Even though I love the sims in my current save so we're in the aging off-phase. For now.