Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Broken/Updated Mods & CC: University edition

Comments

• Options
    JiwoninisJiwoninis Posts: 1 New Member
    Hi there everyone! I was wondering if someone might be able to help me? I’m in a little bit of a fix :( to make the long story short, I can’t seem to load up any household in my game after the recent update. Like it just completely crashes to desktop whenever I even try. But my game was working fine literally a couple days before the update so I’m very confused and upset... I’ve tried the basics of removing my mods folder and repairing the game but nothing is working. Please help?
  • Options
    Kita5399Kita5399 Posts: 2,112 Member
    edited November 2019
    Jiwoninis wrote: »
    Hi there everyone! I was wondering if someone might be able to help me? I’m in a little bit of a fix :( to make the long story short, I can’t seem to load up any household in my game after the recent update. Like it just completely crashes to desktop whenever I even try. But my game was working fine literally a couple days before the update so I’m very confused and upset... I’ve tried the basics of removing my mods folder and repairing the game but nothing is working. Please help?
    LuvMySimz wrote: »
    ktg wrote: »
    LuvMySimz wrote: »
    ktg wrote: »
    Hiya! Wondering if anyone can help! I’ve removed all my mods folder and my lots still aren’t loading or letting me play - they’re stuck on the flashing blue square if you hover over the lot. I know there are broken mods, but Cos I’ve removed all of them and still having the issue I don’t know what else could be wrong !!
    Pls help me

Did you repair your game after the patch update? Removed complete mods folder to desktop? Deleted thumbnailpackage file and cache files in cache folder? Created new game folder?

Whoops I feel embarrassed , I’m pretty new to the sims community so didn’t know any of this?? I removed the mods folders and deleted the thumbnail package because I saw it on twitter but what do you mean create a new game folder? (Sorry I feel v embarrassed thanks for helping haha)

No need to be. We all started out once.
    Here is a link to find out how.

https://answers.ea.com/t5/Technical-Issues-PC/How-do-you-reset-your-sims-4-game/td-p/4881948

repairing the game you have to open Origin and right click on your S4 game and click repair.

You can try to reset your Sims 4 folder, directions are in the link LuvMySimz shared.

Edit: also make sure your computer is 64bit as the new patch makes 32bit no longer compatible
  • Options
    MadameLeeMadameLee Posts: 32,757 Member
    is the CC clothing broken? Since I don't have CC mermaid tail but I noticed when I aged up a sim who is a mermaid (he's a toddler) into a teen and he get the mermaid option his tail isn't visible in the mermaid form.
    6adMCGP.gif
  • Options
    Jennifer_Jennifer_ Posts: 42 Member
    I am so annoyed right now. I've been trying to play all day.
    I keep getting the "The game failed to load. Error code: 102:20..... etc. It is recommended that you relaunch the game". I removed all my CC (and mods, but I only have the height slider mod) and it continued to happen. So I removed all my CC, + my save files and Tray files. Then the game worked and I added the CC back. I tried to decorate the dorms and thought that the CC beds were the problem... When I used maxis beds, the game worked so I continued to decorate the house, and then when I went to manage worlds I could not rejoin the household.. I kept getting the same error code. This has been happening all day. I've tried repairing my game as well.
    I have no idea what to do. I do not want to play without CC, but I've tried removing it all, and some of it (the 50 / 50 method) but I get the same error code every time.
  • Options
    Pamtastic72Pamtastic72 Posts: 4,545 Member
    Hello everyone! I quickly wanted to ask if anyone is having crashing problems when trying to load a household. I'm trying to prepare a household for when I get University but the household won't even load. If anyone has any idea what mod could be causing this, please let me know. Thanks a lot.
    Jiwoninis wrote: »

Jennifer_ wrote: »
    I am so annoyed right now. I've been trying to play all day.
    I keep getting the "The game failed to load. Error code: 102:20..... etc. It is recommended that you relaunch the game". I removed all my CC (and mods, but I only have the height slider mod) and it continued to happen. So I removed all my CC, + my save files and Tray files. Then the game worked and I added the CC back. I tried to decorate the dorms and thought that the CC beds were the problem... When I used maxis beds, the game worked so I continued to decorate the house, and then when I went to manage worlds I could not rejoin the household.. I kept getting the same error code. This has been happening all day. I've tried repairing my game as well.
    I have no idea what to do. I do not want to play without CC, but I've tried removing it all, and some of it (the 50 / 50 method) but I get the same error code every time.
    1. Exit your game without saving
    2. Pull your mods folder
    3. Clear your localthumbcache files
    4. Open your game and see if the problem is resolved
    5. If the problem is resolved add your mods/cc back either one at a time, or if you have a lot using the 50/50 method checking each time and exiting without saving until you find the culprit.
    6. Once the offending mod is located delete it and check the creator’s site to see if it’s updated.
  • Options
    RoomouseRoomouse Posts: 99 Member
    MadameLee wrote: »
    is the CC clothing broken? Since I don't have CC mermaid tail but I noticed when I aged up a sim who is a mermaid (he's a toddler) into a teen and he get the mermaid option his tail isn't visible in the mermaid form.

The tail should appear if you go to the tail choice area in CAS and select a tail for him. If that doesn't work then maybe it is a piece of CC.
  • Options
    Krissy31Krissy31 Posts: 5 New Member
    Does anyone know when Sims4Studio will be updated?
  • Options
    Roomouse wrote: »

The tail should appear if you go to the tail choice area in CAS and select a tail for him. If that doesn't work then maybe it is a piece of CC.

but he was born in-game with a mermaid as a parent (mother)...so shouldn't he at least inheirted his mother's tail?
    6adMCGP.gif
  • Options
    Jennifer_Jennifer_ Posts: 42 Member
    > @Pamtastic72 said:
    > (Quote)
    > (Quote)
    >
    > (Quote)
    > * Exit your game without saving
    > * Pull your mods folder
    > * Clear your localthumbcache files
    > * Open your game and see if the problem is resolved
    > * If the problem is resolved add your mods/cc back either one at a time, or if you have a lot using the 50/50 method checking each time and exiting without saving until you find the culprit.
    > * Once the offending mod is located delete it and check the creator’s site to see if it’s updated.

It seems like it must be several types of CC because I've been trying to add and remove different parts of my folder all day. The error message comes up every time. The only time it does not show up is when I've removed all my CC.
  • Options
    RoomouseRoomouse Posts: 99 Member

but he was born in-game with a mermaid as a parent (mother)...so shouldn't he at least inheirted his mother's tail?

This started for me with Island Living and before Realm of Magic came out. I had to go in and select their tail for it to show up.

Let me make certain I'm clear about your game: You do still get the mermaid CAS section with him? Or is that not showing up at all?
  • Options

This started for me with Island Living and before Realm of Magic came out. I had to go in and select their tail for it to show up.

Let me make certain I'm clear about your game: You do still get the mermaid CAS section with him? Or is that not showing up at all?

I Mermaid sectin CAS for him. It's just the tail.. after a few moments looking at NAR I will go in game and check with what you guys recommended
    6adMCGP.gif
  • Options
    luthienrisingluthienrising Posts: 37,628 Member
    For Simmers with problems with crashing, not being able to enter households etc., please see p. 1 and go through what's already there -- it's regularly updated with new known broken/updated information. If you *still* have problems, please see @Pamtastic72's instructions above for various resets, and consider that you might need to roll back your save to an earlier version.

@DeafSimmer NPCC works with the update if you don't have the University pack. It does not work with the pack.

@MadameLee Any CC or mods not yet reported could be broken. To be sure what your case is, if you have CC mermaid tails, test the possible culprit alone, with no other CC or mods installed. A tail you aren't using could interfere. You can also check for bug reports here: https://answers.ea.com/t5/Bug-Reports/bd-p/The-Sims-4-Bugs

@krissy31 Creators almost never say in advance when their tools or mods will be updated. There are too many factors, from the nature of the problem to personal available time to even pressure from players, which can make the process stressful. It's only a couple of days after the patch and the day of pack release. It'll happen!

Thanks @YankeesForever !

Updated Mods
    EA CREATOR NETWORK MEMBER — Want to be notified of patches, new Broken Mods threads, and urgent Sims 4 news? Follow me at https://www.patreon.com/luthienrising.
  • Options
    New and Relevant
    EA CREATOR NETWORK MEMBER — Want to be notified of patches, new Broken Mods threads, and urgent Sims 4 news? Follow me at https://www.patreon.com/luthienrising.
  • Options
  • Options
    @MadameLee I don't have mermaid CC tail. I just have the one which comes with the game
    6adMCGP.gif
  • Options
    It worked with what the other person said but I wouldn't need it for awhile
    6adMCGP.gif
  • Options
    New and Relevant
    Updated Mods
    Also
    Amoebae is asking for help with OMSP Shelf testing: https://pictureamoebae.tumblr.com/post/189084490294/omsp-test
  • Options
    xPurple_SimmerxxPurple_Simmerx Posts: 16 New Member
    I'm having a problem where I can click on everything except the sim I'm actively playing. Does anyone know what mod might be causing that? I really thought I updated all of the important mods atleast, and I've either updated or don't have any of the mods listed here.
  • Options
    SiliCloneSiliClone Posts: 2,585 Member
    Cyclelegs No House Fires updated for University in the comments

http://modthesims.info/download.php?t=617831&goto=newpost&posted=1#post5588684
  • Options
    SimsChick06SimsChick06 Posts: 11 New Member
    @xPurple_Simmerx I had a problem similar to this after the previous patch dropped and I figured out with some help from others that the problem was coming from the Sleep All Night mod by LittleMsSam. I know it's updated because I got the newest version myself. If you have that mod, I suggest updating it. :smile:
  • Options
    xPurple_SimmerxxPurple_Simmerx Posts: 16 New Member
    @SimsChick06 Thank you. Unfortunately I don't have that mod by LittleMsSam, and I've updated all the ones I do have. I'm narrowing it down right now though. Hopefully I can find out what it is.
  • Options
    shandra2183shandra2183 Posts: 212 Member
    The OMSP Shelf 130 version is working great for me.