Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Britechester World Discussion

Comments

• Options
    ldmarkoldmarko Posts: 5,487 Member
    ldmarko wrote: »
    Lots of student housing, I wonder if we can change some of those lot types to regular residential lots.

The gurus said you can change any lot to be residential. So you can have a residential townhouse on campus if you want, and because you can have roommates on any lot (if you have enough beds), you can probably make Greek houses if you want, or have a single mom living with her kid in a townhouse or whatever.

Sweet. I hope the funds transfer applies to anyone moving out, not just students. I have a lot of families with kids, so I'll probably leave the student housing as it is to start with but may change them later as the inevitable housing crunch that always happens with rotational comes along. Dorm life might make it easier to partner up our YA's.
    Gallery ID: LDM2
  • Options
    I was disappointed with the fact that both universities are attached to the same (very small) town. I wish it could be like Sims 2 where each university had its own town. They didn't even have to be large towns, something the size of Forgotten Hollow would do. Having said that, I liked a lot of stuff in the pack and will buy it (on sale).

The residential lots are tiny too. But since we can change student housing to regular housing, that does leave some options open.
  • Options
    Thetford wrote: »
    I think Windenberg would be a good "partner" town for Britechester (like Willow Creek, Magnolia Promenade, and Newcrest, or StrangerVille and Oasis Springs) especially since it has historic and modern areas. Also, in many British towns and cities with universities (since it has been confirmed that it is the inspiration), purpose built student accommodation is often built way off campus, in either the city centre, or a suburban student village due to concerns and complaints from residents near the campus in regards to studentification, and the gurus seemed to imply that you can place student housing in any world.

San Myshuno too, since (where I'm from anyway) students often live in apartments.
  • Options
    AquaGamer1212AquaGamer1212 Posts: 5,417 Member
    edited November 2019
    Okay I created a map view with sizes, its awful but I needed it lol. *Please someone do a better one that's better quality lol*
    Dorms 1& 2 are 30x20

J5oDFXH.jpg
    Post edited by AquaGamer1212 on
    ts4_blossom_meadows_world_icon_gif_fan_art_by_hazzaplumbob-d.gif

• Options
    SimmyFroggySimmyFroggy Posts: 1,762 Member
    Does anyone remember if the dorm settings allow Club affiliationi? Because I'm imagining the left side of Newcrest as Greek row with Greek houses being done through the Get Together Club system.
  • Options
    BabySquareBabySquare Posts: 7,869 Member
    I was disappointed with the fact that both universities are attached to the same (very small) town. I wish it could be like Sims 2 where each university had its own town. They didn't even have to be large towns, something the size of Forgotten Hollow would do. Having said that, I liked a lot of stuff in the pack and will buy it (on sale).

Problem is that would take waaaayyyy too much out of the budget for making worlds. If they had included the main university building also as a lot type, then we could place 1-building unis (like regional campuses) in different worlds.
    Gallery ID: babysquare
  • Options
    Does anyone remember if the dorm settings allow Club affiliationi? Because I'm imagining the left side of Newcrest as Greek row with Greek houses being done through the Get Together Club system.

I want to yes you can set them for an organization? But that term confuses me because organization and clubs are two different things but I’m not sure if you can create an organization? But you can gender restrict and all that Jazz. So the answer is yes lol 😆

• Options
    SimmyFroggySimmyFroggy Posts: 1,762 Member

I want to yes you can set them for an organization? But that term confuses me because organization and clubs are two different things but I’m not sure if you can create an organization? But you can gender restrict and all that Jazz. So the answer is yes lol 😆

That's the thing. They said it's different systems - the uni societies are premade & unchangeable. I'm gonna cross my fingers that there's the cross-pack link and clubs will be usable in the uni housing panel. No biggie if not, it'd just be a fun thing to do.
  • Options

That's the thing. They said it's different systems - the uni societies are premade & unchangeable. I'm gonna cross my fingers that there's the cross-pack link and clubs will be usable in the uni housing panel. No biggie if not, it'd just be a fun thing to do.

They showed a drop down menu so hopefully that includes clubs if not that’ll suck royally...

• Options
    lsnishilsnishi Posts: 2,714 Member
    Was anybody able to get a screen grab or pic of the campus map? I'm curious as to the total number of buildable lots and the lot sizes? It looked there were mostly smaller lots 20x30 and 20x15 to build on.

PDWxp40.jpg
  • Options
    SelinaKylesSelinaKyles Posts: 4,337 Member
  • Options
    HolidayHoliday Posts: 681 Member
    I absolutely love the world and the map, I think I'm going to really enjoy playing in Britechester.
  • Options
    Pamtastic72Pamtastic72 Posts: 4,545 Member
    Thetford wrote: »
    I think Windenberg would be a good "partner" town for Britechester (like Willow Creek, Magnolia Promenade, and Newcrest, or StrangerVille and Oasis Springs) especially since it has historic and modern areas. Also, in many British towns and cities with universities (since it has been confirmed that it is the inspiration), purpose built student accommodation is often built way off campus, in either the city centre, or a suburban student village due to concerns and complaints from residents near the campus in regards to studentification, and the gurus seemed to imply that you can place student housing in any world.

This is the track I’m on too. Partihaus & The Quad Manor library have always given me college town vibes, so I think I may add some student housing and hangout venues to the Windenburg city center.
  • Options
    ChampandGirlieChampandGirlie Posts: 2,482 Member
    I'm generally happy with the world. Small lots are also probably ways of distinguishing the "college town" from the rest of the worlds. Smaller lots also probably add to the "Britishness". There's more ability to use space in a compact way.

I like the townhouses or terraces.

I don't just defend the game. I really thought Del Sol Valley needed a few more lots and that there could be a bit more to Island Living. I do think this world is fine with me. We'll see about the replayability of the pack and levels of detail among activities.

I hope that sims will be able to explore the open green fields. My big concern is that it hopefully won't all revolve around pranking statues and mascots. I think I'll like it.
    Champ and Girlie are dogs.
  • Options
    aprilroseaprilrose Posts: 1,832 Member
    Okay I created a map view with sizes, its awful but I needed it lol. *Please someone do a better one that's better quality lol*

J5oDFXH.jpg

You are a lifesaver. Now I can really start planning.
    Simming for 19 years!
    Family Tree
    Playing Mod & CC Free

• Options
    aprilrose wrote: »

J5oDFXH.jpg

You are a lifesaver. Now I can really start planning.

You're very welcome <3 That's what I'm doing, but I kept forgetting the sizes lol.

• Options
    edited November 2019

Thanks @SelinaKyles <3

Here you guys go!

J5oDFXH.jpg
    Post edited by AquaGamer1212 on

• Options
    BabykittyjadeBabykittyjade Posts: 4,975 Member
    Thankyou!! <3
    Zombies, oh please oh please give us zombies!! :'(
  • Options
    lsnishilsnishi Posts: 2,714 Member
    edited November 2019
    Thank you @AquaGamer1212 and @SelinaKyles ! That's exactly what many of us wanted to know!
    PDWxp40.jpg
  • Options
    OldeseadoggeOldeseadogge Posts: 5,000 Member
    Other than college facillities the lots are quite small, and not an empty one in sight. Not a good sign. Still, thank you for providing the map to exmine.
  • Options
    Other than college facillities the lots are quite small, and not an empty one in sight. Not a good sign. Still, thank you for providing the map to exmine.

You’re welcome 💙 And you could take down the library and bar and some of the homes if you don’t need them. I know it’s not the same tho.

• Options
    SimaniteSimanite Posts: 4,833 Member
    It's a shame there isn't a campus gym either.
  • Options
    catloverplayercatloverplayer Posts: 93,395 Member
    I think this world needs a combo skating rink/bowling alley for the students.
  • Options
    ChazzzyChazzzy Posts: 7,166 Member
    So it doesn’t matter which school you pick, this is the same world for everyone?
  • Options
    Chazzzy wrote: »
    So it doesn’t matter which school you pick, this is the same world for everyone?

Yeah, each campus is it’s own neighborhood.