Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

The Order of Fairies

So from the gameplay trailer, it seems that there is a secret cult ala Society of Skulls and Bones but they seem magical and not evil. Which is surprising but I suppose having a supernatural evil cult be a bit extreme for the sims. So what are your guys feelings on them? Do they have an actual name?
Occultism in Sims is family-friendly and should not be watered down to cater to realism players

Comments

• Options
    DianesimsDianesims Posts: 2,876 Member
    It looks like a kind of sorority ?
  • Options
    MasonGamerMasonGamer Posts: 8,851 Member
    I like them, I'm hopeful this will expand magic quite a bit. They seem like Spell casters, I got Druid vibes.
    Maybe it's up for the player to decide who they are.
    Realm of Magic:

My Mood:

tumblr_nlbf3b0Jyb1qkheaxo5_250.gif
  • Options
    WolfNateWolfNate Posts: 2,340 Member
    Dianesims wrote: »

I doubt they'd only let girls in it could be a secret society that is gender matching so if your boy sim joins it their all guys and vice versa.
    Occultism in Sims is family-friendly and should not be watered down to cater to realism players
  • Options
    DianesimsDianesims Posts: 2,876 Member
    True ! It also looks like a freemason thing to me.....
    WolfNate wrote: »
    Dianesims wrote: »

I doubt they'd only let girls in it could be a secret society that is gender matching so if your boy sim joins it their all guys and vice versa.

• Options
    scoedscoed Posts: 91 Member
    But if it is gender matching, what about my custom gender sim?
  • Options
    MDianaSimsMDianaSims Posts: 4,177 Member
    edited November 2019
    They can't be spellcasters or any other occult we already have because they never show anything from previous packs in trailers (MFPS being the only exception to this).
    It just looks like your typical sims university secret society to me, though I'm sure it'll have some new surprising effect.
    Gallery ID: MDianaSims | Simblr
  • Options
    kalaksedkalaksed Posts: 2,643 Member
    yeah, i'm in the 'definitely not spellcasters or related stuff' team, though i'm obviously considering having at least one spellcaster try to join up...

the setting for the meeting reminds me of a mix of both sylvan glade and forgotten grotto and it'd be nice having another secret lot to visit, though i hope it's as easy to visit as those two mentioned once unlocked (esp with the wellness skill, which i have a feeling even more of my sims will be learning...) with the various glittery critters flying around in the foreground and background

whatever it is, i hope the new societies here either expand on clubs or get built into the club system... because i'd love something like it for my club of infected sims wanting to spread the infection outside of strangerville...
  • Options
    LoveMcQueen5683LoveMcQueen5683 Posts: 3,689 Member
    I think they were going for more a cult effect but like a joke cult.
    LR3g0ni.jpg
  • Options
    DannydanboDannydanbo Posts: 18,057 Member
    Does this mean that there is a second possible new magical lifestate.
  • Options
    Felicity1169Felicity1169 Posts: 592 Member
    I didn't think much of it other than it being a secret society, although now that I saw your topics I can't help but think maybe! Do you think that the #Blessed was a hint towards fairy blessings from the Sims 3 and not just an attempt to be "hip with the kids"?

I don't want to get my hopes up too high for a new life state though when it probably is just an effect or something though.
  • Options
    kalaksedkalaksed Posts: 2,643 Member
    we're already getting a new lifestate in the pack (robot/simbot/plumbot, whatever it'll be called), so i doubt they'll give another one in it
  • Options
    LoveMcQueen5683LoveMcQueen5683 Posts: 3,689 Member
    Are they called The Order of The Fairies or are you just making that up?

Honestly for a second I thought that area was the realm of magic and they were just using it for a mysterious background.
    LR3g0ni.jpg
  • Options
    CAITLINX354CAITLINX354 Posts: 157 Member
    I'm going have my spellcaster join and overthrow their current leader to make it a true group of magic users.
  • Options
    SERVERFRASERVERFRA Posts: 7,128 Member
    We're finally getting cloaks for our spellcasters & historical sims.
  • Options
    paradiseplanetparadiseplanet Posts: 4,421 Member
    If the cloak's gonna be locked to the secret society only, that won't stop modders from unlocking it for everyone ;)
    Origin ID: paradiseplanet27
    tumblr_ojq4r339Ni1usy5rpo1_100.png
  • Options
    mikamika Posts: 1,733 Member
    What is the "Order of the Fairies" lmao are you just making random assumptions about the society

I highly doubt it's magical, the trailer said itself "not all images appear in game". That was most likely just a special effect. I learned better than to take the trailers completely at face value.
  • Options

mika wrote: »
    What is the "Order of the Fairies" lmao are you just making random assumptions about the society

I highly doubt it's magical, the trailer said itself "not all images appear in game". That was most likely just a special effect. I learned better than to take the trailers completely at face value.

I had to name the thread something
    Are they called The Order of The Fairies or are you just making that up?

Honestly for a second I thought that area was the realm of magic and they were just using it for a mysterious background.

I'm making it up as something to refer to it as
  • Options
    MadameLeeMadameLee Posts: 32,757 Member
    So what if you have two differently gender sims both join the society which gender would the game pick then?
    6adMCGP.gif
  • Options
    AquaGamer1212AquaGamer1212 Posts: 5,417 Member
    Why is there a discussion of gender? The secret society is for everyone.
    ts4_blossom_meadows_world_icon_gif_fan_art_by_hazzaplumbob-d.gif

• Options
    leo3487leo3487 Posts: 4,062 Member
    That magical thing also thinking at MFPS what if with RoM that secret society has more gameplay?
  • Options
    Why is there a discussion of gender? The secret society is for everyone.

I'm of the same mind just someone said in trailer only girls were shown so just musing
  • Options
    Mariefoxprice83Mariefoxprice83 Posts: 8,109 Member
    I am definitely going to make a save where all the students are supernatural creatures.
    Better to reign in Hell, than serve in Heaven.
  • Options
    paradiseplanetparadiseplanet Posts: 4,421 Member
    edited November 2019
    Maybe labeling this thread this way wasn't such a bad title after all, since clearly the secret society met at a fairy ring (and to a lesser extent the hover mode for the servos and exo suits could easily work for a hover walkstyle for fairies too) ;)

Just food for thought.

Also I'm pretty sure their secret handshake is the Unitologist prayer hand posture.
    Origin ID: paradiseplanet27
    tumblr_ojq4r339Ni1usy5rpo1_100.png
  • Options
    Bearly_MediaBearly_Media Posts: 124 Member
    You guys have it all wrong. Turns out to be just an ordinary midnight Gardening Club meet. Nothing to see here.
  • Options
    BabykittyjadeBabykittyjade Posts: 4,975 Member
    It actually made me lol when they couldn't get the secret society to do anything and then they walked away. I'm like ugh this is so like the sims 😂
    Zombies, oh please oh please give us zombies!! :'(