Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

EP,GP,SP Management

Wyx2830Wyx2830 Posts: 129 Member
edited November 2019 in The Sims 4 Game Feedback
it's a best way to manage what i wanna to play pack just as Launcher(3 Generation),As More and more Packs Avaliable,i can't boot all packs every time,it will be slow down for the computer,don't tell me the —Disable packs:(allpacks,EP,GP,Sp 01020304)this CMD text,it's So Long and not Pragmatism!!!!Actually!
——
I take a picture to every SimsGuru and Players to see
http://m.qpic.cn/psb?/V11QMLyE4EK1ku/IWm7bpM.YeKSF2WO1KitYcWDakIpKaPjUq2*pOv4h34!/b/dMQAAAAAAAAA&bo=gAc4BAAAAAADB5k!&rf=viewer_4
Answer:yes
Post edited by Wyx2830 on

Comments

• Options
    catloverplayercatloverplayer Posts: 93,395 Member
    This belongs in the Sims 4 PC Feedback. It will most likely get moved there.
  • Options
    davina1221davina1221 Posts: 3,656 Member
    edited October 2019
    I'll just say while I'm seeing this, I would like a launcher too, but for a different reason. My Origin has been messed up because of something in my folders since the first of the year. Fixed it when Island Living came out and bought that and Strangerville. Just days later same thing. I can't delete logs in the folder because it says it is being used, which it isn't and isn't in the tray nor the task manager. I go to the icon and can't log off nor exit no matter how much I try to push them. My Origin comes up with the menu, but it doesn't go anywhere, offline or on. I just have ovals on the page besides the menu at the top. My library doesn't show, I can't play my games, and I can't buy or access the store. When the guy helped me fix it, he asked if I had the steps written down and when my Origin messed up again days after it was fixed, I got the impression that he knew it would happen again. Have fussed for weeks. After a death in the family that has left us with tons of work, while trying to raise small children in sports, I don't have nor want to waste time talking to Origin helpers who can't fix this so it won't happen. I can however play Sims3 since I have a launcher for it. I clicked Sims4 icon, which takes you to Origin and doesn't work offline. That's why a launcher is needed

Update: I posted on another thread about this; I believe in technical, but anyways either posting here or fussing in Origin's help box worked, because I had an update to Origin and it fixed whatever is going on and now my Sims4 is updating. My Origin/Sims4 hasn't worked in weeks/a month. Not going to get too excited as this keeps happening to me on and off, but very glad because I want to play and also get the new games. Still would be nice to have a Sims4 launcher for issues like this though, so if something goes wrong, you can still get into your game.
    Post edited by davina1221 on
  • Options
    davina1221 wrote: »
    I'll just say while I'm seeing this, I would like a launcher too, but for a different reason. My Origin has been messed up because of something in my folders since the first of the year. Fixed it when Island Living came out and bought that and Strangerville. Just days later same thing. I can't delete logs in the folder because it says it is being used, which it isn't and isn't in the tray nor the task manager. I go to the icon and can't log off nor exit no matter how much I try to push them. My Origin comes up with the menu, but it doesn't go anywhere, offline or on. I just have ovals on the page besides the menu at the top. My library doesn't show, I can't play my games, and I can't buy or access the store. When the guy helped me fix it, he asked if I had the steps written down and when my Origin messed up again days after it was fixed, I got the impression that he knew it would happen again. Have fussed for weeks. After a death in the family that has left us with tons of work, while trying to raise small children in sports, I don't have nor want to waste time talking to Origin helpers who can't fix this so it won't happen. I can however play Sims3 since I have a launcher for it. I clicked Sims4 icon, which takes you to Origin and doesn't work offline. That's why a launcher is needed

Update: I posted on another thread about this; I believe in technical, but anyways either posting here or fussing in Origin's help box worked, because I had an update to Origin and it fixed whatever is going on and now my Sims4 is updating. My Origin/Sims4 hasn't worked in weeks/a month. Not going to get too excited as this keeps happening to me on and off, but very glad because I want to play and also get the new games. Still would be nice to have a Sims4 launcher for issues like this though, so if something goes wrong, you can still get into your game.

Have you tried uninstalling Origin and reinstalling? This can sometimes fix issues like this.
  • Options
    edited December 2019
    @davina1221 Sometimes My origin has a bug too.when it opening
    oops your game library is empty,please reloading or restart again
    i didn't bought the Next Island living or any packs After Get Famous EP,but your situation i meet some times
    Already Quit game but Sims 4 interface still, i can't end it in Folder or operate interface
  • Options
    edited November 2019
    @catloverplayer How can i Move my post Discussion to the right place?
  • Options
    AyeffenAyeffen Posts: 258 Member
    I think it would prove very challenging for you to restrict your gameplay and use of objects to specific packs in that way. Launching without the correct pack installed surely would disrupt lots of aspects of your save-game, even if you could toggle them on and off at launch?

If it were me I'd know your limits - consider clean installs when wishing to try new packs or alternatively investing in upgrading rather than buying more packs. :lol:

Are you able to share the tech specs of your PC?
    1NraNSJ.png
    My Gallery 🏠 | Gamer 🎮 | Husband 👬
  • Options
    Writin_RegWritin_Reg Posts: 28,907 Member
    edited October 2019
    Wyx2830 wrote: »
    it's a best way to manage what i wanna to play pack just as Launcher(3 Generation),As More and more Packs Avaliable,i can't boot all packs every time,it will be slow down for the computer,don't tell me the —Disable packs:(allpacks,EP,GP,Sp 01020304)this CMD text,it's So Long and not Pragmatism!!!!Actually!

We could never uninstall parts of packs or install parts of packs even with the manager - it loads the whole pack and does not allow us to remove any Maxis content. All we could ever remove or add was mods and CC content. That's the way the Sims games have always been - so you have no choice the whole packs or nothing - does not matter if you have a manager or not - that will not change. Maxis content also loads to the core game (not just to documents) unlike mods and CC that loads to just a specific folder in My Documents.

"Games Are Not The Place To Tell Stories, Games Are Meant To Let People Tell Their Own Stories"...Will Wright.

In dreams - I LIVE!
    In REALITY, I simply exist.....

• Options
    edited November 2019
    @Writin_Reg actually, i'm not very insist it must be have launcher,just hope it will be concern and notice
  • Options
    davina1221davina1221 Posts: 3,656 Member
    @davina1221 Sometimes My origin has a bug too.when it opening
    oops your game library is empty,please reloading or restart again(So annoy)
    i didn't bought the Next Island living or any packs,but your situation i meet some times
    Already Quit game but Sims 4 interface still, i can't end it in Folder or operate interface

No mine was messed up nearly all this year and wouldn't load period. I never got any messages. Aside from the menu at the top, there were no words and it wouldn't pull up any pages except help ones. I use to be able to play Sims4 offline and then that stopped about a month ago.

I have had the computer on since yesterday. My internet is extremely slow and it takes 2 1/2 hours to get 10% downloaded of the updates we have gotten since after Island Living came out. Sucks because I have been wanting to play. It also says at the top that there's a new version of Origin when I restart my computer, which I will do after the updates finish.
  • Options
    @Ayeffen Here,this is mine Tech Spec!
    Processor Intel (R) core (TM) i5-4210m CPU @ 2.60GHz
    Memory capacity: 16.0gb
    Video card 1. NVIDIA geforce GT 750m
    2、Intel(R) HD Graphics 4600
    Hard disk: WDC wd10jpvx-22jc3t0 (1.0tb)
    Main board w65 67sr
    Network card 1. Qualcomm Atheros ar9485wb-eg wireless network adapter
    2、Realtek PCIe GBE Family Controller
    Sound card 1, NVIDIA virtual audio device (wave extensible) (WDM)
    2、VIA HD Audio
    Display: AUO: ed12 resolution: 1920x1080
    Current operating system Windows 10 64 bit
  • Options
    Cynel1Cynel1 Posts: 1,389 Member
    edited November 2019
    i think you have to use origin Advanced Launch Options
    also theres a website where you can copy paste the commands you want
  • Options
    Main board w65 67sr
    2、VIA HD Audio

GT 750 is a weak card for TS4.
  • Options

GT 750 is a weak card for TS4.

Not bad at all,it enough to play Sims,i suppose!
  • Options
    AyeffenAyeffen Posts: 258 Member
    Main board w65 67sr
    2、VIA HD Audio

Try going through this diagnostic process on CanYouRunIt to see where the problem might be - https://www.systemrequirementslab.com/cyri/requirements/the-sims-4/12305

If it is the GPU as @catloverplayer suggests, try adjusting the graphic quality settings in-game to see if it will improve the performance. The reviews of the card seem to be favourable but it is around 6 years old now.
    1NraNSJ.png
    My Gallery 🏠 | Gamer 🎮 | Husband 👬