Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

My big worry with the lack of Simgurus leaking information.

Comments

• Options
    IrdiwenIrdiwen Posts: 574 Member
    There’s not much info, but why would that mean the pack is empty? It just means we don’t know much yet.

There are many possibilities for this, and I don’t think “the pack is empty” is it. After all, then they’d say not to all the questions.

I’m just waiting. I still think this is a response to the blabbering and subsequent disappointment that occurred after IL and ROM. Not saying that’s a good thing, because this is obviously not helping, but I wouldn’t draw any conclusions about the pack from it.
    Simmer since 2000! Sims 1, Sims, 2, Sims 3, Sims 4. Legacy player at heart.
  • Options
    DannydanboDannydanbo Posts: 18,057 Member
    Players desperately waited for a pack that would allow sims to live at the beach. Players were disappointed. Players desperately waited for a pack with witches. Players were disappointed. Players are desperately waiting for a Uni pack. Players are disappointed with the lack of info for an Expansion Pack. EP's generally offer a lot of info in the way of screen shots, trailers concerning various areas and blogs. Players can not help but guess that no info means a lite pack with few features worth bragging about.

I could be wrong. I need to be wrong. I desperately want to be wrong. Am I wrong? We'll see.
  • Options
    scoedscoed Posts: 91 Member
    edited November 2019
    Irdiwen wrote: »
    There’s not much info, but why would that mean the pack is empty? It just means we don’t know much yet.

There are many possibilities for this, and I don’t think “the pack is empty” is it. After all, then they’d say not to all the questions.

I’m just waiting. I still think this is a response to the blabbering and subsequent disappointment that occurred after IL and ROM. Not saying that’s a good thing, because this is obviously not helping, but I wouldn’t draw any conclusions about the pack from it.

Why? Historically when they don't talk about something much it is lacking in content. Take Island living, they talked a lot about the world, and sun tans, and swimming. And these things was great. They were mostly silent about everything else because they were shallow and lack content. I run an information thread on another site and this pattern is consistent, content not talked about is often lacking, content shown off is often well done. It makes sense to put a packs best foot forward. And historically that is what they done.

This time the only thing show with any detail is bike riding. If this is the only foot they have to stand on this will be a horrible pack. Worse ever. And if they are thinking the complaints are from early leaks they are very wrong. Most of the complaints are from lacking play outside of their prospective worlds, lack of challenge in the gameplay, buggy gameplay, and poorly thought out gameplay. Not how info was given.

Anyway I worry as Maxis talks up what is good, and barely mentions weaker parts of packs. They talked up bikes and then are deathly silent about everything else. That is not a good sign.

But I hope I am wrong as I already bought it. Maybe it isn't to late to cancel as it isn't looking good at this point. I hope they just are trying a new marketing strategy that makes no sense. I hope there is quality in this pack. I may have to look elsewhere for something else to distract me from life if the content can be mastered in 3 to 6 hours of play like the last two content packs. Not played through but utterly mastered. History of silence=weak and two gameplay focused packs in a row lacking gameplay is why I am worried.
  • Options
    Jordan061102Jordan061102 Posts: 3,918 Member
    Irdiwen wrote: »

If they were proud of this EP they would scream over every roofs how much fun it is & how much features there is.
    Lu4ERme.gif
  • Options
    simgirl1010simgirl1010 Posts: 35,907 Member
    Livestream in one week! All will be revealed. 👍
  • Options
    If they can show everything in one livestream, this is a shallow expansion lacking content. If they can show everything in three hours, then that is exactly how long it will be entertaining and new. That is not a good thing.
  • Options
    SimmyFroggySimmyFroggy Posts: 1,762 Member
    The gameplay trailer is also out soon, probably Tuesday.

They're not gonna show every single detail in the LS to the point where there'd be nothing for the players to discover when they have the pack.
  • Options
    scoed wrote: »
    If they can show everything in one livestream, this is a shallow expansion lacking content. If they can show everything in three hours, then that is exactly how long it will be entertaining and new. That is not a good thing.

But they never show 'everything' in the livestreams. They highlight features. I certainly wouldn't want to watch for more than a couple of hours.
  • Options
    They did for Island Living and Realm of Magic, ok, nearly everything anyway. Of course they were shallow packs. My fear with this one.
  • Options
    They did for Island Living and Realm of Magic, ok, nearly everything anyway. Of course they were shallow packs. My fear with this one.

Well I haven't played all the features in either of those packs so I guess shallow is in the eye of the beholder.
  • Options
    CamkatCamkat Posts: 2,329 Member

They're not gonna show every single detail in the LS to the point where there'd be nothing for the players to discover when they have the pack.

This. I wouldn't want them to show me everything either. I would want to discover some things on my own.

Now if they do end up showing every single detail, sad EP indeed. An EP should have more than 2 hours of game play. Worse is we won't even know until we've paid for it. I don't mind spoilers from youtube either after the pack is launched and everyone is playing. I was a little sad that everything they showed in the ROM LS was actually everything in the pack. I'm hoping DU will have a little more meat to it than IL, but I'm not holding my breath either.

Origin ID: Peapod79
  • Options
    Camkat wrote: »

This. I wouldn't want them to show me everything either. I would want to discover some things on my own.

Now if they do end up showing every single detail, sad EP indeed. An EP should have more than 2 hours of game play. Worse is we won't even know until we've paid for it. I don't mind spoilers from youtube either after the pack is launched and everyone is playing. I was a little sad that everything they showed in the ROM LS was actually everything in the pack. I'm hoping DU will have a little more meat to it than IL, but I'm not holding my breath either.

Why is that? Just wait until the pack has been out for a while before deciding whether to purchase it or not.
  • Options
    Too late for me. They hinted at a robot lifestate and I like a fool gave them money. Now that all signs are pointing to this being a lame product I am regretting it. When companies are proud of their product they don't hide its features, they just don't.

But maybe they forgot how to market, maybe the expansion is great.i want to be so very wrong, especially since I already paid for it. I hope I look like a fool in two weeks. Let us hope, EA forgot how to move product and it is something to be excited for in Discover University. Sadly historically my interpretation of such marketing equaling a weak product usually is correct. Why hide a strong product? It makes no since. Especially since the last two gameplay products are largely thought of as a disappointment by many.
  • Options
    edited November 2019
    Well they do say a fool and his money are soon parted. But all is not lost.

Here's how to return a game with the Great Game Guarantee
    You may return eligible EA full game downloads (PC or Mac) and participating third party titles purchased on Origin for a full refund. Refund requests can be made within 24 hours after you first launch the game, within fourteen days from your date of purchase, or within fourteen days from the game's release date if you pre-ordered, whichever comes first. And if you purchase a new EA game within the first 30 days of its release date and can't play it due to technical reasons within EA's control, you can request a refund within 72 hours after you first launch the game instead of 24.

Visit your Order History and select the Request a Refund link next to any eligible* product.
    Complete and submit the Refund Request Form.
    You'll get a response within 48 hours and your refund within 10 days.

https://www.origin.com/usa/en-us/store/great-game-guarantee

And since you're expecting only a few hours of gameplay you should have enough time to do it all.

Hopefully this applies to DLC.
  • Options
    @simgirl1010 thank you. Looks like I have to request a refund. I still hope I am wrong.
  • Options
    catloverplayercatloverplayer Posts: 93,397 Member

Livestream is 2 hrs.
  • Options
    They did this with Get Together and it wound up getting delayed from November to December but I don't see that happening here as the Livestream is still on for Friday. If this game was getting delayed they would cancel the Livestream. Well let's hope it isn't. I hate Game Delays.
  • Options
    edited November 2019
    This livestream isn't going to have Discover University content according to simguru Morgan on twitter. We have to wait till the 8th of November.

Edited to have the correct month. I hate brain farts.
  • Options
    This livestream isn't going to have Discover University content according to simguru Morgan on twitter. We have to wait till the 8th of October.

Doesn't surprise me. November 8th however is just a week from Today. You mistakenly put Oct 8th.
  • Options
    PS if it makes for a better pack I am fine with a delay. Better a delay and a better pack than a bug ridden halfbaked pack.
  • Options
    This livestream isn't going to have Discover University content according to simguru Morgan on twitter. We have to wait till the 8th of October.

Doesn't surprise me. November 8th however is just a week from Today. You mistakenly put Oct 8th.

Oops your right. My bad. I was thinking November 8th and typed October. Thanks for the correction.
  • Options
    MekoSharkMekoShark Posts: 161 Member
    You're definitely not alone with your concerns.🤗

Sharks need love too 🦈

• Options

But they never show 'everything' in the livestreams. They highlight features. I certainly wouldn't want to watch for more than a couple of hours.

They show almost everything. The last things left to discover are usually moodlets and a few interactions.
    Lu4ERme.gif
  • Options
    edited November 2019

Well I haven't played all the features in either of those packs so I guess shallow is in the eye of the beholder.

Just want to add that me & I think most of the people do not play with every feature not because packs are so big but just because these features are boring.

Seems like we are not alone thinking this EP is gonna be shallow.
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Zv5cnMQpdVQ
    Lu4ERme.gif