Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Are you buying Discover University?

Comments

• Options
    ThenyoukissmeThenyoukissme Posts: 304 Member
    No
    It takes me a while to save for expansions, and its a major let down when I’ve bought them on day one and they havent lived up to the hype. I will wait until its been out for a few weeks and see what other people think, then I can decide if it’s worth spending money on!
  • Options
    silentcyborgsilentcyborg Posts: 210 Member
    Maybe
    If it's game-changing like seasons, and meets these (imo low) gameplay expectations (no cl style dorms, and bikes for all ages), I'll probably buy it in a bundle/ bundle on sale. If not, I won't buy. I'm still feeling pretty burnt from Island Living, and there are other games (outer worlds) I've been eyeing, that are kinder on the wallet than S4.

• Options
    luxsylvanluxsylvan Posts: 1,922 Member
    No
    As of now no. The trailer didn't impress me, which is really needed to do, since I'm not a university fan to begin with. It looked, at most, mildly interesting.

Still, I'll wait for gameplay info and look into it more once it's released. It could change my mind, but I think that's doubtful. Not trying to shame people who like it or are excited for it. It's just not something I'm excited by and willing to invest in right now.
  • Options
    Goth583Goth583 Posts: 1,203 Member
    Maybe
    I want to say "yes" because I've really wanted University back in the game, but I gotta say I'm not finalizing a decision until I've seen more. I need some Game Changer videos, some player reviews, etc.... TS4 releases have been very disappointing, Seasons aside, and I'm getting to the point that I can do without if they are just going to give 50% effort in these packs.
    https://originalsimmer.blogspot.com - Check out my current TS4 Legacy!
  • Options
    simesmerizedsimesmerized Posts: 202 Member
    Maybe
    Hmmm maybe. I mean I probably will eventually because I have loved University in Sims 3 and Sims 2 but I don't have a lot of time to play. So if it doesn't seem like a "Omg I have to have it and check it out" thing then it may be a while. And I haven't gotten ROM or IL yet so...
  • Options
    DeKayDeKay Posts: 81,602 Member
    Yes
    Yes, but on sale.
    My Top Song of the Day: Innocence by Avril Lavigne
    x3vZicL.gif
  • Options
    MirkaKaroliinaMirkaKaroliina Posts: 147 Member
    Yes
    I think I'll get another bundle because there are still some other packs I don't have.
    cha cha cha
  • Options
    RGR_GamingRGR_Gaming Posts: 19 Member
    Yes
    you need another option "Already bought" haha well I am a builder and i am sure a lot of great stuff gonna be in this pack so ya! i am already ready to start to build new stuff :P
  • Options
    SimTrippySimTrippy Posts: 7,651 Member
    Yes
    Very highly likely, yes. I mean, yes. Absolutely.

Question is when: I'm not 100% sure yet if I wanna get Death Stranding - although it's itching .. but that comes out November 8th. So if I do, I might hold off on uni.

Then again, I have very little self-control when it comes to games, so ... we'll see.

Short answer: yep.
  • Options
    lyralyra Posts: 420 Member
    edited October 2019
    No
    I'll reserve my final judgement for when more information/reviews come out, but as of now, no. Although the concept seems interesting (as did the concepts for Island Living, Reign of Magic), and the objects/hairstyles/CAS looks nice, the current trend seems to be:

-Reusing current game assets (painting, mischief - [villainy], computers, etc) - I don't need to watch my sims paint again or sit on the computer again, I can already do that. I don't care about the mischief skill. I don't care about parties, we already have too much of that. They have this habit of reusing game functions over and over with a slightly different skin (e.g. City living festivals where you can paint, go on the computer, use existing objects...)Some party objects like the keg stand are interesting but not enough to justify the obvious focus on parties. I want focus on the classroom and academics and some partying/college fun is alright but I feel they're going the silly/crazy route with the college life and there doesn't seem to be much focus on the academics.

- Little impact on meaningful gameplay - it looks like the new gameplay is basically watch your sim do an interaction such as cheer/boo the rival school, build a robot, or paint a picture. It doesn't look like the classes are much in-depth and there seems to be a limited amount of majors. I could be wrong of course.

-Gameplay with no real risk/reward - the game is too easy as of now and college success resulting in a boost to career progression is eh...doesn't matter that much to me.

-A lack of positive change to core gameplay systems such as an attraction system, a more meaningful whim system, more meaningful sim personalities/goals, etc. If they revamped the emotions system to be less superficial and easily changing, made aspirations more meaningful - such as reusing the system from TS2, where aspirations were tied into the wants/fears system and made a difference in your sim's life, and had traits more drastically affect your sim's personality, actions and reactions, that would make a huge difference for me.

-The Simguru said there were a few lots to build on which isn't hopeful for a big world, I'm expecting limited dorms and limited places to go and a lot of set dressing. I am not hopeful for building your own dorms either.

The trailer showed sims painting (which we can do already), reading a book, cheering, debating, taking a shower together, riding a bike, which are all cool things but...based on the shallowness of previous packs I'm not holding my breath for something in-depth. It seems like a lot of people get drawn in/excited by trailers and stuff but once they buy the pack they realize it's pretty shallow and limited. So I will reserve my final judgement for when it comes out but right now I'm unfortunately not hopeful for it.
  • Options
    simgirl1010simgirl1010 Posts: 35,872 Member
    Yes
    lyra wrote: »
    I'll reserve my final judgement for when more information/reviews come out, but as of now, no.

So that would be a maybe? 🤔
  • Options
    lyralyra Posts: 420 Member
    No
    I'll reserve my final judgement for when more information/reviews come out, but as of now, no.

You made me laugh :D
  • Options
    lisamwittlisamwitt Posts: 5,095 Member
    Yes

I thought the same thing. Lol.
    Gallery ID: LadyGray01
  • Options
    DCJ504DCJ504 Posts: 116 Member
    Maybe
    Maybe - leaning towards probably not. The live stream will give me a better idea of whether I really want it or not.
  • Options
    simgirl1010simgirl1010 Posts: 35,872 Member
    Yes

You made me laugh :D

:D
  • Options
    XxAirixXXxAirixX Posts: 2,567 Member
    Yes
    If I can get it, I plan to eventually. Even if not right away, I still want to get it. Pre-order don't make a different really and sometimes there are bugs, so I might wait until after release.
  • Options
    Ravager619Ravager619 Posts: 3,738 Member
    Yes
    I play on console now, so I'll get around to preordering it sometime next month.
    "That person who helps others simply because it should or must be done, and because it is the right thing to do, is indeed without a doubt, a real superhero." - Stan Lee
  • Options
    joRN1414joRN1414 Posts: 1,669 Member
    Maybe
    I probably will just for the BB and the CAS stuff. Not sure if I will actually play Uni though. I have to wait for the "did you Know' post and go through that to see. I'm still having a fun time with Island and haven't even scratched the surface of RoM. Plus, it's time to play winter holidays. We will see though.
    "Life is a banquet and most poor suckers are starving to death!" -Auntie Mame
  • Options
    InvisibleaesInvisibleaes Posts: 1,526 Member
    Yes
    I bought it when it was announced. I and 2 younger sisters all play so I know the odds are one of us will really enjoy it. I also have a nostalgic feeling for sims university expansions the first time I played sims two my friend had the base and university. It brings back fond memories. I am excited to find out more about it In the sims 4 though.
  • Options
    babajaynebabajayne Posts: 1,866 Member
    Maybe
    I’m excited about what it could be. I liked the trailer, but that assumes what we saw was just the tip of the iceberg. The livestream has to Bring It. If I see that they’ve stepped up their game with all the IL backlash, I’ll have a renewed respect for this Sims team and I will probably buy it. If I sense another lackluster pack I’ll see how it’s received before I buy it, and I may never buy it.
  • Options
    DoloresGreyDoloresGrey Posts: 3,490 Member
    Yes
    Yes. It was my favorite TS3 EP. I can't wait for the time this EP is on sale. I won't purchase it full price because it is very expensive in my country.
    -probably just playing Phasmophobia :p
  • Options
    marcel21marcel21 Posts: 12,341 Member
    Maybe
    Not decided yet, not seen enough from the trailer.
    After island living and get famous being so light on NEW featurs for me.
    Lost faith in expansion packs for the sims 4

Always features in the sims 4 latest packs for adults.
    Bikes for adults only :(
    Magic for adults only :(

We really need a generation's/school pack.
    Not a stuff pack or a game pack.
    Origin ID MichaelUKingdon

• Options
    SimmervilleSimmerville Posts: 11,673 Member
    Maybe
    It's a maybe, because I won't get it right away, and because my computer probably can only take one more pack, I want to see what's the next pack release before I decide. Wish I had a much better computer, and I'd avoid all these hard decisions LOL...
    Simmerville on Youtube | My blog is updated weekly: Simmerville's Sims<br>a.jpg
  • Options
    cody6268cody6268 Posts: 643 Member
    Yes
    Yes, but not until it goes on sale for half off, as do most EPs, eventually.
  • Options
    OldeseadoggeOldeseadogge Posts: 5,000 Member
    Maybe
    Ultimately it depends on how close it gets to the quality standard set by the TS2 version. That means a lot of information gathering from a wide variety of sources, including the extent & severity of the inevitable disappointment expressed here in the forums.